IGNORED

Celtic

InCider

Any club that bans the sale of poppies at their ground, is quite frankly, scum in my eyes.

With all this racism etc that is going around at the minute, i hope the anti british IRA lovers of celtic get some action taken against them,

Has nothing to do with the fantastic effort of Celtic tonight.

Any club that bans the sale of poppies at their ground, is quite frankly, scum in my eyes.

With all this racism etc that is going around at the minute, i hope the anti british IRA lovers of celtic get some action taken against them,

Of course Celtic are anti poppy read this http://www.celticfc....story?item=3221

Neil Lennon has some great knowledge of players abroad...

Victor Wanyama is such a top player, only 21, only cost around 500k but will go on to be a 20m player.

Reminds me of Essien in his prime. Was immense. Exactly the kind of player we could do with in midfield!

Why ban the poppy sellers then?

Because a lot of Celtic fans have an Irish heritage and are against the poppy because of the connotation that their club founded by Irish immigrants was supporting an army that killed a large number of Irish people in the last century. Celtic therefore would not want to alienate these people. A lot of fans don't buy into this but some do.

Rangers maybe Div 3 now and have their problems but they are still a bigger and more successful club than Celtic.

Depends how you measure it? Celtic only Scottish side to win European Cup, bigger ground. Then again, Rangers presumably more SPLs. But then for a League like Scotland success on the big stage of Europe perhaps the key thing? Fairly evenly matched I'd have thought.

Rangers maybe Div 3 now and have their problems but they are still a bigger and more successful club than Celtic.

They are the most successful team in the world in terms of national league titles, but any team with one away win in the Scottish Third Division can only be viewed as something of a joke now.

Because a lot of Celtic fans have an Irish heritage and are against the poppy because of the connotation that their club founded by Irish immigrants was supporting an army that killed a large number of Irish people in the last century. Celtic therefore would not want to alienate these people. A lot of fans don't buy into this but some do.

This is it, to the Irish the army over there 100 years and more ago was one of occupation etc. They may not commemorate in quite the same way we would hope.

Archived