IGNORED

Celtic

InCider

We are just as bad, especially what we sing to Cardiff about slag heap tragedy (sorry can't remember how to spell the name of the town)

Football fans of many clubs really should get off their high horses when saying other teams fans are scum, and get their own houses in order first.

What makes Celtic different is the clubs, and its fans tolerance of intolerance.

Look at the racism witchunts in England, then look at Celtic, a club that allows fans to actively cary out massive visual anti remembrance day displays. Nothing of that scale occurs anywhere else.

Would an English club allow a supporters group to be so vocal and visual in support of a right wing nationalist group like the BNP? The answer is no.

The enormous tifo display was impressive though last night for those who are impressed by mass fan participation.

Any English man supporting Celtic tonight should be ashamed. Backwards racist IRA loving poppy banning wronguns. They would be laughing at you all for supporting them. IRA lovers

Ta for that Auntie Gas. No doubt you'll never watch a John Wayne film again because 'The Quiet Man' featured the IRA. What? It won an Oscar? Bloody Hollywood eh?

Sorry but some serious double standards going on here. The other team from Glasgow just spouted constant sectarian abuse at catholic people and Irish people. Can anyone mention some examples of Celtic's horrible club culture.

How is it double standards? I haven't seen anyone saying what rangers do is right?

Maybe not double standards in relation to them but most on here look at it from the rangers or English view. It would be like saying city cannot sing songs like god save the queen. it is there heritage. There are idiots at Celtic like most if not all other clubs, instead of monkey chants, racist abuse, beating up scarfers or whatever, they may shout up the ra with no real understanding of Irish history. This argument is inevitably circular as you will not give an inch on this subject, because you don't like Celtic.

Maybe not double standards in relation to them but most on here look at it from the rangers or English view. It would be like saying city cannot sing songs like god save the queen. it is there heritage. There are idiots at Celtic like most if not all other clubs, instead of monkey chants, racist abuse, beating up scarfers or whatever, they may shout up the ra with no real understanding of Irish history. This argument is inevitably circular as you will not give an inch on this subject, because you don't like Celtic.

There are people who use Celtic as a host for Republican pride and anti British sentiment, they are anything but stupid. Your argument is the one that is circular, no other club has anything that is comparable.

I would argue that it makes commericial sense for Celtic to turn a blind eye to the activities of its fans because they bolster a romantic view of an alternative, a rebel club, the Irish club. To quote the Clash, "turning rebellion into money". The politics of Celtics fans is a selling point and Celtic gain income from it. Add links to trendy leftie St Pauli and you have a brand that appeals worldwide, success or not.

I see what you are saying. But in all honesty they have a right to be anti English because of Scottish heritage and anti British because of their Irish heritage. I am not saying I agree with this but I can understand. As for the board and selling the rebels, with a British mp as chairman in the recent past and the recent anti football bills there is nothing the board would want more than to rid all the unsavoury chants and actions. But it won't happen.

I see what you are saying. But in all honesty they have a right to be anti English because of Scottish heritage and anti British because of their Irish heritage. I am not saying I agree with this but I can understand. As for the board and selling the rebels, with a British mp as chairman in the recent past and the recent anti football bills there is nothing the board would want more than to rid all the unsavoury chants and actions. But it won't happen.

If Sinn Fein can have seats in Stormont, Celtic fans can let go of the now irrelevent politics.

Aspects of the club would be beneficial anywhere, including BCFC. There is support there that is highly participatory and goes beyond just support equalling just buying stuff and sitting down to spectate. Allow fans groups to prosper they can in turn promote the club and generate income.

If Sinn Fein can have seats in Stormont, Celtic fans can let go of the now irrelevent politics.

Aspects of the club would be beneficial anywhere, including BCFC. There is support there that is highly participatory and goes beyond just support equalling just buying stuff and sitting down to spectate. Allow fans groups to prosper they can in turn promote the club and generate income.

You make some good points FV.

Can't say I agree with all of them but if we all try and define ourselves by how.much we love our club rather than how much we hate another then maybe we can achieve something.

So why does it change with the homophobic chants against Brighton, the Asia chants at Leicester?

It's disgusting what all of Celtic is about but, Overall you should keep your personal opinions to yourself and not anywhere else

little bit different time sensative as well poor lad hasnt even been buried yet R.I.P HERO HERO HERO

Archived