IGNORED

Celtic

InCider

This is it, to the Irish the army over there 100 years and more ago was one of occupation etc. They may not commemorate in quite the same way we would hope.

Why bow into the "minority" though? Why cannot they say, no in Britain that is unacceptable.

Why do they also not ban fans singing songs about English soldier etc?

They hardly do themselves favours that they are a "pro ira pro Irish anti british club", they could do stuff to stop people thinking this.

I know what people have said about this is a minority, but they should come down hard on them.

Why bow into the "minority" though? Why cannot they say, no in Britain that is unacceptable.

Why do they also not ban fans singing songs about English soldier etc?

They hardly do themselves favours that they are a "pro ira pro Irish anti british club"

I know what people have said about this is a minority, but they should come down hard on them.

I would say it's more than a few, you can't do it and still be liked as an owner/chairman, it's a part of their history. They are one of the most supported clubs in the world, a lot of those are Irish. Dublin has a Celtic superstore. This creates a large revenue stream. The Celtic board have a juggling act between the various sides of their support.

Any club that bans the sale of poppies at their ground, is quite frankly, scum in my eyes.

With all this racism etc that is going around at the minute, i hope the anti british IRA lovers of celtic get some action taken against them,

Of course it does, lets celebrate a team that are bigots.

Bigot=a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong

I would say it's more than a few, you can't do it and still be liked as an owner/chairman, it's a part of their history. They are one of the most supported clubs in the world, a lot of those are Irish. Dublin has a Celtic superstore. This creates a large revenue stream. The Celtic board have a juggling act between the various sides of their support.

I understand about the irish history, but why should they allow the hatred?

Bigot=a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong

Which surely someone that waves an Ira scarf around, and shouts Anti British songs, is a bigot?

Surely that's no different to a member of the Edl, standing and shouting abuse about Muslims?

I feel anyone who supports a terrorist group (in the eyes of our government and brave soldiers who had to do their job) has unreasonable beliefs.

Under John Reid they weren't, can you explain what hatred you mean, other than the poppy banner, which was produced by a minority of fans?

Just a quick search for Celtic Ira on google, as I'm on my phone

http://www.thecelticnetwork.com/2012/08/18/unacceptable-ira-chants-resurface-in-dingwall/

Posted this year "constant Ira chants" . I understand it is a minority.

Well the ira chants a lot of the time refer to the Irish republic army of the the early twentieth century. That gained independence for the south of Ireland. There are some that refer to bobby sands and the hunger strikers, but I would say most don't support the current dissidents. I would say a lot of songs support Ireland, not hate Britain, but a lot of Celtic fans do not like the British, especially the Union Jack, unlike their neighbours.

Well the ira chants a lot of the time refer to the Irish republic army of the the early twentieth century. That gained independence for the south of Ireland. There are some that refer to bobby sands and the hunger strikers, but I would say most don't support the current dissidents. I would say a lot of songs support Ireland, not hate Britain, but a lot of Celtic fans do not like the British, especially the Union Jack, unlike their neighbours.

It is still songs about a terrorist group though, if fans were singing pro Taliban songs there would be outrage.

Well the ira chants a lot of the time refer to the Irish republic army of the the early twentieth century. That gained independence for the south of Ireland.

That would include the leaders of the Easter Rising executed by the British. The graves of these leaders the Queen visited recently to pay her respects.

Some people on here do not seem to grasp the fact that Britain occupation of foreign lands is not something that the indigenous peoples universally welcomed. It's the right of those indigenous peoples and their descendents to protest about this legacy in whatever way they choose. If Celtic fans do not want to buy poppies or their club to have a poppy on their shirt that is a perfectly legitimate position to take.

That would include the leaders of the Easter Rising executed by the British. The graves of these leaders the Queen visited recently to pay her respects.

Some people on here do not seem to grasp the fact that Britain occupation of foreign lands is not something that the indigenous peoples universally welcomed. It's the right of those indigenous peoples and their descendents to protest about this legacy in whatever way they choose. If Celtic fans do not want to buy poppies or their club to have a poppy on their shirt that is a perfectly legitimate position to take.

Thanks thought I was the only one who understood this.

Thanks thought I was the only one who understood this.

There's not many but a few. I made a promise to myself not to get drawn into these Celtic/Rangers threads but was a bit pissed off that some could not leave this thread to be just about acknowledging a great result.

Funnily enough if Nazi Germany had succeeded in invading England I am sure the same people giving out about Celtic scum would be the first to lead an English Rebellion to get them out. Don't suppose they'd be first in the queue to buy poppies to commemorate brave German soldiers that had occupied England for that matter either.

Pleasantly surprised there are actually a few on here willing to stick their necks out and try and comprehend it from both sides.

Humourous that the same people are seething whenever Celtic see some success. Stunning display from the whole club tonight. Never been prouder to be a Celtic supporter... And a bigot, obviously.

Lest we forget...

The number of Irishmen who served in the British forces in World War One = 210,000.

Of these, 140,000 volunteered to fight.

35,000 died.

When you get time, take a look at how many Irishmen served at Trafalgar and Waterloo. If it wasn't for their sacrifice, all of us now would be speaking French and our womenfolk would have hairy armpits.

coming from scotland myself, Rangers fans are just as bad as celtic or even worse the way they go on. some of their fans are vile people. but you get the same from all clubs. look at leeds the other week. millwall are pretty dreadful fans. Rangers in Manchester in the uefa cup final. that was disgusting behaviour from them but its celtic who get slaughtered by everyone. its mostly only a minority of celtic fans who make up stupid banners like ''**** uefa''. Every away game celtic play either home or abroad they are a great well behaved bunch just like the tartan army, except the wee songs here and there, but look at what people sing to leeds fans about istanbul, liverpool about hillsbrough and man united about the munich air disaster. Half the people who sing the songs are little chavs who have not got a clue what there singing about. The Orange walk goes about Scotland with these daft Rangers fans who most will not have a clue what its about but just want to cause trouble. Celtic deserve their praise and they have done themselves and the SPL proud. With the amount of slagging this forum gives about the SPL not one of the championship teams could have bet Barca and theres quite a few teams on a bigger budget than Celtic. We would be lucky if we could beat an SPL team the way we are playing just now.

Well Done Celtic.

coming from scotland myself, Rangers fans are just as bad as celtic or even worse the way they go on. some of their fans are vile people. but you get the same from all clubs. look at leeds the other week. millwall are pretty dreadful fans. Rangers in Manchester in the uefa cup final. that was disgusting behaviour from them but its celtic who get slaughtered by everyone. its mostly only a minority of celtic fans who make up stupid banners like ''**** uefa''. Every away game celtic play either home or abroad they are a great well behaved bunch just like the tartan army, except the wee songs here and there, but look at what people sing to leeds fans about istanbul, liverpool about hillsbrough and man united about the munich air disaster. Half the people who sing the songs are little chavs who have not got a clue what there singing about. The Orange walk goes about Scotland with these daft Rangers fans who most will not have a clue what its about but just want to cause trouble. Celtic deserve their praise and they have done themselves and the SPL proud. With the amount of slagging this forum gives about the SPL not one of the championship teams could have bet Barca and theres quite a few teams on a bigger budget than Celtic. We would be lucky if we could beat an SPL team the way we are playing just now.

Well Done Celtic.

My money is definitely on whoever Celtic are playing on the weekend.

We are just as bad, especially what we sing to Cardiff about slag heap tragedy (sorry can't remember how to spell the name of the town)

Football fans of many clubs really should get off their high horses when saying other teams fans are scum, and get their own houses in order first.

Archived