IGNORED

Next Manager?

Loderingo

Sadly it is looking like we might be looking for a new manager again soon. Who would people want and who could we realistically get?

I've had a look at the betting markets for next Wednesday and Pompey managers (obviously the bookies think Jones is vulnerable). Obviously some of the usual suspects like Avram Grant, Iain Dowie, Roy Keane, Curbishley, Strachan, Alex McLeish, Southgate, Cotterill. BillyDavies has been mentioned but would he come here?

I'm thinking maybe we could try and poach Di Canio from Swindle if he would come. Would certainly shake the players up! Otherwise of course we could always ring up the chairman of Yeovil again ;-)

Sadly it is looking like we might be looking for a new manager again soon. Who would people want and who could we realistically get?

I've had a look at the betting markets for next Wednesday and Pompey managers (obviously the bookies think Jones is vulnerable). Obviously some of the usual suspects like Avram Grant, Iain Dowie, Roy Keane, Curbishley, Strachan, Alex McLeish, Southgate, Cotterill. BillyDavies has been mentioned but would he come here?

I'm thinking maybe we could try and poach Di Canio from Swindle if he would come. Would certainly shake the players up! Otherwise of course we could always ring up the chairman of Yeovil again ;-)

Cant say i care any more :reaper:

Billy Davies - no I dont particularly like the bloke but he gets results.

Sorry but the team arent playing for Del anymore, maybe they'll play for someone that has experience in this league, that is not tactically naive and has an eye for a few decent players that can get us out of this mess.

A manager with experience at this level, no more untried up and coming managers, I know Coppell was experienced but I'm sure there is more to his departure than was ever known, you have to wonder what interference was occuring from upstairs, we should have gone all out for Mick McCarthy, now that he is unavailable god knows, maybe Billy Davies would be the right choice

Di Canio could be tempted...: Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio is unhappy with remarks made by the club's new chairman Sir William Patey regarding their transfer policy.

Patey revealed on Tuesday that the club's recent transfer embargo had been lifted but they must think about "due diligence" when making future signings.

Di Canio believes Patey does not have the knowledge to make such comments.

"It's clear he doesn't know what's happened here in the last 18 months," the Italian told BBC Wiltshire.

A manager with experience at this level, no more untried up and coming managers, I know Coppell was experienced but I'm sure there is more to his departure than was ever known, you have to wonder what interference was occuring from upstairs, we should have gone all out for Mick McCarthy, now that he is unavailable god knows, maybe Billy Davies would be the right choice

I'd agree with you were it not for the fact this thread shows how depressing the list of managers experienced at this level is. Billy Davies is pretty much the only viable option amongst them. I can't see Curbishley coming and Iain Dowie, Gary Megson Roy Keane and Southgate are all worse than what we have at the moment. Strachan's not pulled up trees of late. Coyle has many of the same failings as Del and the jury's very much on Ince and Cotterill.

I'd rather a punt on someone like Keith Curle or Karl Robinson than any of those... OK, they're not proven at this level but at least they've not yet proven that they fail here...

Obviously it's up to the board but they need to make an important decision. If they sack Del, they must get the best available, even if they demand high wages. There isn't really much point in going down the 'young up and coming manager' route again. The cheap option rarely works here at BCFC. If they do go for the cheap, then they can't really expect to do much at this level, maybe just survive each year. If they are serious about us moving up in the football world, then more money needs to be spent.

Archived