IGNORED

Next Manager?

Loderingo

I personally hope we stick with Del, but were we to go for a change, my shortlist would be:

Owen Coyle- (Took a similar sized club up, but don't know how he'd feel about replacing his good friend DM)

Paulo Di Canio- (He'd shake it up, but not sure he could sort out the defence)

Gary Johnson- (He's sucsessfully rebiult us before, but i don't think he'd leave Yeovil again)

Joe Jordan- (He's now living back up in Failand, but they say never go back, let a lone twice)

Harry Redknapp- (Joe could persuade him to take up the challange, but i doubt it)

I'd like del to be given a bit more time to turn things around. When we get Cunnigham back we will have much better balance to the team and players can play regularly in they're preferred roles (Hopefully). But if we do need to change I'd like to see us be ambitious and go for someone with a proven track record rather than an up and coming young manager. My hunch is that Nigel Adkins could yet get the sack from Southampton and if we could get him it would do me.

Mentioned this on another thread, but Gary Neville would be the ideal replacement IMO.

• Played under arguably the most successful manager of all time
  • Experienced huge amounts of success as a player, knows about winning and doubt he would want to settle for anything less as a manager.
  • The best football pundit I've ever experienced in terms of tactical and player analysis (particularly defensively I might add!)
  • Coaching credentials with England shows that he has a desire to further his football career down the coaching/managing route. Would imagine that creating success at club like us would be a perfect way for him to put his name out there for bigger clubs in the future.
  • Big name player from the past that I doubt would have trouble attracting calibre players. Imagine he would also have a decent backlog of contacts in the game (i.e. Ferguson) which would help in terms of loaning future stars. Look what Steve Bruce got at Sunderland.

Mentioned this on another thread, but Gary Neville would be the ideal replacement IMO.

• Experienced huge amounts of success as a player, knows about winning and doubt he would want to settle for anything less as a manager.
  • The best football pundit I've ever experienced in terms of tactical and player analysis (particularly defensively I might add!)
  • Coaching credentials with England shows that he has a desire to further his football career down the coaching/managing route. Would imagine that creating success at club like us would be a perfect way for him to put his name out there for bigger clubs in the future.
  • Big name player from the past that I doubt would have trouble attracting calibre players. Imagine he would also have a decent backlog of contacts in the game (i.e. Ferguson) which would help in terms of loaning future stars. Look what Steve Bruce got at Sunderland.

Sorry but we've appointed two rookies in a row and both have failed horribly! none of the points you make would justify his appointment!

We need a Warnock type manager, someone who knows this division and isn't afraid to kick a few asses into touch!

Sadly it is looking like we might be looking for a new manager again soon. Who would people want and who could we realistically get?

I've had a look at the betting markets for next Wednesday and Pompey managers (obviously the bookies think Jones is vulnerable). Obviously some of the usual suspects like Avram Grant, Iain Dowie, Roy Keane, Curbishley, Strachan, Alex McLeish, Southgate, Cotterill. BillyDavies has been mentioned but would he come here?

I'm thinking maybe we could try and poach Di Canio from Swindle if he would come. Would certainly shake the players up! Otherwise of course we could always ring up the chairman of Yeovil again ;-)

Depends what you mean by soon, wont be this season for sure. SL will invest in at least the 2 signings required in the next window

That will be enough to secure our saftey this season.

IF (and thats a big if ^_^ ) by some chance it dosent then the broom will sweep many out next season.

Sorry but we've appointed two rookies in a row and both have failed horribly! none of the points you make would justify his appointment!

We need a Warnock type manager, someone who knows this division and isn't afraid to kick a few asses into touch!

Neville is in the England set up?

Will be on a fortune from Sky, if we could tempt anyone from Sky I would go for Jamie Rednapp.

But no one has mentioned Andy Gray ex Sky presenter, definetely sort out the girls we have in midfield and defence.

If only great managers like Warnock were in greater supply. Can't think of another boss like him

Oh my friggin god, this is the lowest of the low......FFS Warnock ! wake up and smell the coffee, this is enough to drive me to another non-footy midless thread not unlike that post you friggin toss pot....FFS wake up !

Del is rebuilding the whole setup. They wont replace him this side of March.... He did well last season and the start of this, had a load of injuries and we have hit a bad patch why does everyone scream for a new manager the minute things go wrong. It costs a fortune to pay off DM and staff and employ a new crew. Most on here wanted DM last year, so now we have got him lets give him time... He didnt buy Fonts, Carey, Nyatanga, J Wilson, Elliot, Skuse etc, he inherited them and knows that they need replacing ( although i like Skuse albeit as a right back )..it s just not that easy to get a commanding centre half and ball winning midfielder that wants to come here, is avaliable and is affordable. We have tried the loan market but we have been unlucky with Injuries its just all going against him at the mo.

WHy the clammer for Jordan isnt he just a good coach / no.2 ..we have been down that road before with KM so i cant believe people want to go down that way again..

apparantly Owen Coyle was seen in portishead at the weekend, but I think thats BS

Why does every manager or player we are supposed to be after , always end up in Portishead ? Why would all these people head straight there , it's hardly St. Moritz !!??!?!

Why does every manager or player we are supposed to be after , always end up in Portishead ? Why would all these people head straight there , it's hardly St. Moritz !!??!?!

As a resident it's lovely but I always wondered why most of our players and staff chose to live there,

There isn't exactly much to do

Del is rebuilding the whole setup. They wont replace him this side of March.... He did well last season and the start of this, had a load of injuries and we have hit a bad patch why does everyone scream for a new manager the minute things go wrong. It costs a fortune to pay off DM and staff and employ a new crew. Most on here wanted DM last year, so now we have got him lets give him time... He didnt buy Fonts, Carey, Nyatanga, J Wilson, Elliot, Skuse etc, he inherited them and knows that they need replacing ( although i like Skuse albeit as a right back )..it s just not that easy to get a commanding centre half and ball winning midfielder that wants to come here, is avaliable and is affordable. We have tried the loan market but we have been unlucky with Injuries its just all going against him at the mo.

WHy the clammer for Jordan isnt he just a good coach / no.2 ..we have been down that road before with KM so i cant believe people want to go down that way again..

Jordan has done well here as a manager. And besides, a good coach is evidently what we need because McInnes and Docherty's tactics/motivational skills are suspect at best.

I think most people would give Del the benefit of the doubt if there were some signs of improvement - like maybe we weren't playing exciting football but at least we were grinding out draws and the odd 1-0 win. It's that whole 'build from the back' ethos. But Del's team have now endured seven straight defeats, there's no sign of improvement and Del's chopping and changing his team like there's no tomorrow.

One more defeat and I think he has to go.

Archived