IGNORED

January Shopping List

CheddarReds

Even though he's out for the season? Would be a very bad move.

2 new CBs, 2 new CMs and a LM who are good enough for this level and we have a very good team.

He is out for 6 weeks isn't he. I agree though, the bloke has never performed in the championship, he has only done it in the spl. I wouldn't waste any money on the bloke.

All I want is a new CM that is the first name on the team sheet. Somebody to build the team around. A marquee singing that will lift everyone. Maybe too much to ask but i can't cope with buying more players that Elliot and Skuse keep out of the team every week.

No forward movement...

The lad Maguire at Sheffield united would be a good addition if they fail to get promoted, solid centre back who won they're player of the season last year and has started this season in the same fashion, i think hes about 21,22?

Hope Akpan from Crawly would be a good addition to shore up the midfield, hes a energetic, tough tackling, strong defensive midfielder, think Emmanuel Frimpong and you wont be far off!

Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester United would also be a welcome addition, strong, quick and has excellent passing ability, which we sadly lack right now

Kenny McLean from St.Mirren would be a great signing, 20 year old, attacking midfielder in the Wes Hoolahan mould! Quick, technically excellent, calm under pressure and is a brilliant passer of the ball, he could be a real steal if we decide to take the punt!

Just a few cost effective suggestions...

You know were bad when we look at L1 and SPL players :facepalm:

and they could get in our team

Don't be such a snob, there are some excellent young players coming through in league 1, and even the SPL!

you just need to look in the right places, take a punk and manage them in the correct way!

we're not made of money!

The lad Maguire at Sheffield united would be a good addition if they fail to get promoted, solid centre back who won they're player of the season last year and has started this season in the same fashion, i think hes about 21,22?

Hope Akpan from Crawly would be a good addition to shore up the midfield, hes a energetic, tough tackling, strong defensive midfielder, think Emmanuel Frimpong and you wont be far off!

Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester United would also be a welcome addition, strong, quick and has excellent passing ability, which we sadly lack right now

Kenny McLean from St.Mirren would be a great signing, 20 year old, attacking midfielder in the Wes Hoolahan mould! Quick, technically excellent, calm under pressure and is a brilliant passer of the ball, he could be a real steal if we decide to take the punt!

Just a few cost effective suggestions...

Harry Maquire is a good shout, saw him live with a mate in august, really comanding strong CB.

I know a bit about Akpan but I'm not sure whether he is what I personally want.

Love to see the club offer Fontaine, James Wilson, Marvin Elliot, Neil Kilkenny out for transfers at cut prices.

Fontaine - 400k (considering Southampton were close to signing him for 800k)

James Wilson - 250k

Elliot - 300k

Kilkenny - 200k

Replace them with:

Zakuani

Loan signing (solid CB)

Kalifa Cisse

Loan signing (creative midfielder)

Heaton, Foster, Zakuani, ?, Cunningham, Cisse, Skuse, Adomah, Davies, Anderson, Baldock

potentially 2-4 players away from a solid looking team in a 4-2-3-1 formation IMO.

Harry Maquire is a good shout, saw him live with a mate in august, really comanding strong CB.

I know a bit about Akpan but I'm not sure whether he is what I personally want.

Indeed, hes a cracking young player but i do worry about Del's policy of only signing 'proven' championship players! (if hes still in charge of course)

Love to see the club offer Fontaine, James Wilson, Marvin Elliot, Neil Kilkenny out for transfers at cut prices.

Fontaine - 400k (considering Southampton were close to signing him for 800k)

James Wilson - 250k

Elliot - 300k

Kilkenny - 200k

Replace them with:

Zakuani

Loan signing (solid CB)

Kalifa Cisse

Loan signing (creative midfielder)

Heaton, Foster, Zakuani, ?, Cunningham, Cisse, Skuse, Adomah, Davies, Anderson, Baldock

potentially 2-4 players away from a solid looking team in a 4-2-3-1 formation IMO.

The constant back bone of this club needs to be striped completely, which means Skuse, Fontaine, Carey & Elliott all need to depart if we really wish to kick on and move in the right direction!

In january I'd like us to bring in a good, young, confident CB, a creative CM and quick LM.

Who is on your shopping list?

I haven't got a clue as to the transfer budget that Del and Doc have been given but between £10 and £20 million on a job lot of decent standard Championship players will probably be needed in January just for survival in this division. We'll probably lose quite a few more games between now and January so it really is crunch time for the BCFC board - do they want to see us retain our Championship status or be relegated? Our current crop of players are just not good enough to keep us up so no point changing the manager and it would be very interesting to see what Del and Doc could achieve with decent Championship calibre BCFC players instead of the many Div 1/ Div 2 standard players they have to deal with at the moment.

Archived