IGNORED

January Shopping List

CheddarReds

I think if we get offered 3M for Adomah in January, take it. Get a good enough right winger in for 1M at most and then finally strengthen CB and CM with quality players!

Well at this rate we will be L1 next year and Adomah will surely leave, unless a big improvement between now and then we might ecept an offer.

Potentially could be so far adrift it doesn't matter. Little point in bringing in players who'll be off as soon as we go down. Especially as most of the moves seem to happen towards the end of the window. If current form continues I'd forget Jan and be looking at realistic targets for next season.

Potentially could be so far adrift it doesn't matter. Little point in bringing in players who'll be off as soon as we go down. Especially as most of the moves seem to happen towards the end of the window. If current form continues I'd forget Jan and be looking at realistic targets for next season.

Come January, a couple of potential starlets in our defence - as Steve Caulker was when we signed him - would be enough to plug our defence. Then we need 2 quality central midfielders. That's between a £10 and £20 million outlay in my opinion and would be enough to ensure survival even if we're points adrift at the bottom in January. The club could take a chance on seasoned Championship/Premier League veterans but they'll no doubt be telling Del and Doc how to run the show. I don't think even the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson could avoid a relegation with the players available to us at the moment - many of them are just not good enough for this division as per last season as well.

Pack hasn't been that impressive this year, Hutchinson would be good but isn't he very injury prone? James Chester would cost quite a bit as he's highly rated at Hull.

That's a shame, I always rated Pack quite highly.

Looks like Hutchinson would be a no go anyway - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19257512

I realise Chester would cost a bit, but surely no more than 750K? If we can shell out that kind of money for a striker, surely we could shell out for a much needed defender. Maybe I'm being too unrealistic, even when I'm trying my hardest!

or how about mar melikson

Midfielder scoring and setting up players with clever through balls - who do you think we are :icecream:

Wish with players like Baldock we could see some clever through balls, or passing into space - we seem to lack vision completely in the squad.

I wonder how Bates has got on in training this week? Would be a coup if we got him pending he is over his injuries. Wasnt so long ago he was linked with Liverpool.

Buzsaky's deal is coming to end i believe? Chuck in Derry loan our team would look much stronger in a couple of weeks.

GK Heaton

DR Foster

DL Cunningham

DC Bates

DC Fontaine

DM Derry

MR Adomah

CM Buzsaky

CF Davies

CF Baldock

ML Anderson

I wonder how Bates has got on in training this week? Would be a coup if we got him pending he is over his injuries. Wasnt so long ago he was linked with Liverpool.

Buzsaky's deal is coming to end i believe? Chuck in Derry loan our team would look much stronger in a couple of weeks.

GK Heaton

DR Foster

DL Cunningham

DC Bates

DC Fontaine

DM Derry

MR Adomah

CM Buzsaky

CF Davies

CF Baldock

ML Anderson

That doesn't sound to bad but I can't see that happening

Derry's wages are too high and Buzsaky will go somewhere else.

That doesn't sound to bad but I can't see that happening

Derry's wages are too high and Buzsaky will go somewhere else.

Your probably right mate but we were paying 9k p/w for Mcmanus. A qtr of the 27k he's on at Mboro.

I dont know why the club wont take a punt on Marlon Pack. He basically a mould of Marv and Skuse.

I watch many Cheltnham games and he is by far one of the best players in that division. He would only cost 300k max.

Young built like a brick shit house technically good and can take a set piece.

GK Heaton

DR Foster

DL Cunningham

DC Bates

DC Fontaine

DM Derry

MR Adomah

CM Buzsaky

CF Davies

CF Baldock

ML Anderson

Not bad, and not spent any money yet. Would still look to replace Fontaine I think the problem with the team is the same problem we have had with all the last three managers. It's rotten in the core so I would get rid of the lot of them Elliott, Skuse, Fontaine Tanglefoot and Carey. And Kilkenny should never play for us again.

If we went with your option and got rid of those we could have money to get another left sided centre back. Get some cheap young lower league players as backup's to go with the youth we have.

Not too sure about Anderson we as fans have not seen a great deal of him to seriously judge him. Looked good in some parts but lightweight in defending bit like Albert can a team survive on two weak wingers?

Your probably right mate but we were paying 9k p/w for Mcmanus. A qtr of the 27k he's on at Mboro.

I dont know why the club wont take a punt on Marlon Pack. He basically a mould of Marv and Skuse.

I watch many Cheltnham games and he is by far one of the best players in that division. He would only cost 300k max.

Young built like a brick shit house technically good and can take a set piece.

Never heard of him and don't know nything about him but i'll keep an eye and ear out for him. Imagining he is a DM type?

Agreed, a few quality players not the usual, basic stock.

Indeed, we have managed to sign quite a few quality players during our current spell in the Championship. Dele Adebola, Marvin Elliott, Lee Trundle, Paul Hartley, Darren Byfield, Steve Caulker and Nick Carle were the ones I'd rate as the best signings.

zakuani on the cheap good signing, Craig Dawson on loan due to him not playing much this season for parent club, bates on a 6 month contract to prove fitness and ability. thats 3 new cb's sorted. then get rid of nyatanga and loan out james wilson. bit ambitious but frimpong has actually been made available for transfer so could be worth a cheeky bid. Buzsacky possibly a good shout depending on how he has done for pompey. controversial but if a bid for skuse came in I would sell as I believe his position in the team holds us back from getting a better midfielder in. I believe stead will be sold. Mcmanus will not be kept on beyond jan. hes old and his injury will not help his cause. We need reliability. If not Buzsacky, then an attacking midfielder from a prem team in the mould of suso (but not him of course)

Archived