IGNORED

Long Term Project-Mcinnes

Welcome To The Jungle

I wouldn't expect DmC to say anything else

Everyone is on a downer right now, but one win, a clean sheet, one going in off Stead's backside and we're back on track

As I've said on the Dann's thread, whilst there isn't a stand out team at the top, I don't think there's a stand out team at the bottom either. It's going to be tight all the way to the wire at both ends. It doesn't look pretty at the moment, but I don't see that changing the manager is going to help. What we do need, desperately, is that centre half though. The longer the cupboard is bare there we are going to struggle

Always believe, brothers and sisters, always believe!

Will McInnes still be at City next season if City are in Div 1.

I doubt it...........

He needs to make sure we're not in League 1 then doesn't he.

It's nice to hear that he likes it here, he was saying in one intetview that whilst he wasn't born a City fan he's found himself in love with the club.

Hopefully the fact he clearly wants to work hard for success might hold us in good stead in the coming Months!

he basically states in that, that no fees were paid for the loans of mcmanus, briggs or elokobi, which i find somewhat hard to believe

I don't, two surplus and wanted off the age bill for a period, never going to get a loan fee and one young player desperate for game time. Briggs you might have expected us to pay a little bit, but cracking negotiations from the club if we avoided it.

I don't, two surplus and wanted off the age bill for a period, never going to get a loan fee and one young player desperate for game time. Briggs you might have expected us to pay a little bit, but cracking negotiations from the club if we avoided it.

I think i read that Jol wants us to extend Brigg's stay as well

he basically states in that, that no fees were paid for the loans of mcmanus, briggs or elokobi, which i find somewhat hard to believe

Assuming you are refering to this paragraph ??

“The three players we’ve committed fees for: Greg Cunningham, Steven Davies and Sam Baldock – I’ve no doubt they will prove their worth, and I’m grateful for the backing in making those signings in the summer. "

As he mentions the summer , it's safe to assume he's talking about permanent transfers.

I am still gobsmacked that he says he couldn't find/get the players he needed/wanted. Assuming that he is being open and honest in this latest article, are we too assume that loan deals are out of the question - or that we have no presence in Europe to pick up the requisite personnel?

I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to believe that there is no player ANYWHERE at the right price or loan deal who cannot do a job for Bristol City.

Why is this club so poor at finding the players it needs? It's not because we're a small club or 'unfashionable' (whatever that means!), players these days are driven by money and any player will come here at the right price.

I'm simply saying that, if he can't find anyone, perhaps he's not looking in the right places, or the scouting network is useless.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, neither he, nor the club, have done enough to convince the fans that the club is in good hands and making progress - I can't believe the Lansdown would put up with this if BCFC was his bread and butter.

I am still gobsmacked that he says he couldn't find/get the players he needed/wanted. Assuming that he is being open and honest in this latest article, are we too assume that loan deals are out of the question - or that we have no presence in Europe to pick up the requisite personnel?

I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to believe that there is no player ANYWHERE at the right price or loan deal who cannot do a job for Bristol City.

Why is this club so poor at finding the players it needs? It's not because we're a small club or 'unfashionable' (whatever that means!), players these days are driven by money and any player will come here at the right price.

I'm simply saying that, if he can't find anyone, perhaps he's not looking in the right places, or the scouting network is useless.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, neither he, nor the club, have done enough to convince the fans that the club is in good hands and making progress - I can't believe the Lansdown would put up with this if BCFC was his bread and butter.

And there's the problem.

Great post.

Is he being open or honest . He didn't give the reason we are unable attract players to our club.

Well said SR. Your're not alone with your view.

Other clubs, such as Blackpool and Palace cope pretty well in the Championship without spending vast amounts of dosh but City under the last 4 managers have failed to do the same. This is Citys' 3rd consequetive season of struggling in the Championship and surely Lansdown must know that in order to push on McInnes needs even more financial backing. Its obvious that no matter who the manager is City can't build a decent side with little money.

Superb post. Sums it up perfectly. Just as a matter of interest can anyone name ANY of our scouts ????

Superb post. Sums it up perfectly. Just as a matter of interest can anyone name ANY of our scouts ????

Bristol is sadly a city of mediocrity when it comes to sport though.... all three of the first class mainstream sports which the nation excel in are in a sad state of decline in Bristol and have been for the last 15 - 20 years...

Rugby Union, Cricket and Football.

What is the aim of his long term project - to salvage his career and reputation, which must now be lying in tatters, or to turn City into a force capable of competing at the top of the Championship?

After beating Cardiff and Palace in August, my only fear was that Mcinnes was going to be snapped up by a bigger club. I hope that Mcinnes can turn things around, giving me the chance to experience this fear again in the not too distant future!

I am glad he's in for the long haul. He's made quite a few errors this season but I still believe he will be a very good manager.

He's a good man, he's putting alot of effort into every area of the club, we need stability and he's going to grow with us I hope.

Good post. I agree. I'm really pleased that we'll have some young hungry home-grown players pushing to get into the first team. Nothing gives me more pleasure* than seeing players coming through the ranks and forging a successful career at our club.

* Well, when I say nothing gives me more pleasure that's not strictly true. A cider fuelled night of passion when my girl is up for anything just edges it. :yes:

Great honestly in part, but I like, many find it unbelievable that he couldnt find players that were obviously so very needed, instead we addressed a forward line that wasn't priority. Every successful manager regardless of profession should always prioritise, if he thinks that our strikers were priority then he was wrong, I only hope that our glaringly obvious problems are addressed NOW, the biggest problem I see is that every club now knows how much we need the players to turn our season around, expect the £££££££ to be considerably higher than they would of been in the summer, supply & demand and all that.

Judging by Ashton gate on Sunday most have made their mind up that he can't hack it

Really? Most around me are sensible enough to realise changing the manager every 12 months does help anyone.

Yes there were boos and jeers but that was more for the power puff effort by the players rather than the call to get rid of McInnes.

So name all these players in our price range we missed out on

What did the last 2 manager do to restructure the coaching staff?

What did the last to managers do to improve the youth team

Good points sir, they did recognise the need for CB in the summer and went after a few, but agree with others that strikers should not have been on the shopping list before that was solved.

Archived