IGNORED

A Conference Rovers Next Season?

hippy273

I have to say after listening to Twentyman yesterday after City, the Rovers fans sound very worried that they could well be relegated from the football league. I think even if we are relegated we will continue to be the stronger team in Bristol but knowing Rovers could well have players on part time contracts next season could be quite interesting but a lot of the fans did not sound confident. Or if we stay up being 3 divisions apart would make more history between the two clubs but If Rovers sack Maghee they will definitely be down. We could be in a worse position i'll say!

Wishful thinking, they won't go down - there's a number of teams worse than them in that league.

Unfortunately, its much more likely that we go down at this moment in time..

Sad but true this.

What's hilarious about the Gash though is that they are comparatively big spenders in that division yet they are being beaten regularly by sides with an annual transfer budget of £2:50 and a packet of crisps.

Strange because on Paper they bring in decent managers like McGhee and Penney but they turn out to be a disaster. Problems lie deeper at that club me thinks.

I dunno what more you can ask Higgs to do than finance them to an above average level for the fourth tier. He isn't paid to pick the players (and let's face it, they've brought in loads - huge squad for L2).

Penney went to the Mem on the back of a disastrous spell at Oldham and McGhee likewise with Aberdeen. Two men resting on the laurels of earlier glories, methinks.

I think Mr Magoo is running out of ideas. Then he'll be off.

Coming home from the Gate listening to Radio Bristol always makes me laugh - win, loose or draw just for the amount of laughing gas that feel compelled to phone up & give an opinion despite not being at the match. It's usually "Kev from Bedminster" probably while his carer is having a well earned break from the deluded half wit.

They are in deeper than the mud engulfing the penalty area at the rugby ground this time of year.

Look at all the players they've had. I must confess, Clarkson apart, I'd be hard pressed to name any of their over performing players

I think Mr Magoo is running out of ideas. Then he'll be off.

Coming home from the Gate listening to Radio Bristol always makes me laugh - win, loose or draw just for the amount of laughing gas that feel compelled to phone up & give an opinion despite not being at the match. It's usually "Kev from Bedminster" probably while his carer is having a well earned break from the deluded half wit.

They are in deeper than the mud engulfing the penalty area at the rugby ground this time of year.

Look at all the players they've had. I must confess, Clarkson apart, I'd be hard pressed to name any of their over performing players

You're forgetting Jason!

Sad but true this.

What's hilarious about the Gash though is that they are comparatively big spenders in that division yet they are being beaten regularly by sides with an annual transfer budget of £2:50 and a packet of crisps.

And next year it'll be £3.95 and a Veggie Burger as Dale brings the other Rovers into the Football League for the first time.

They came close a few years back, i think it was Andy Rammell who banged a few in to keep them safe. As poor as they might look, there are always 2 teams or more in that league that are worse. It does take something spectaularly poor to get relegated from the league, sadly they are not quite that bad yet.

It would be brilliant to see their confused goofy little faces if they were to get relegated, especially as I know some who are already celebrating our impending relegation.

However, it isn't going to happen.

I would predict their season to go one of two ways from here. Either they will storm into the play offs on the final day thanks to a late run of results or they will finish 3rd from bottom....and then next season the Football League will decide that 3 teams get relegated to the Confrence.

My main concern is that we stay up so FTG.

Why can't we do well and then be able to laugh at them....?

I see your point, however,

No matter how s**t we are doing, for the last 12 years they have been infinitely sh**ter. Plus they arrange BCFC relegation parties only for us to eventually stay up. They play in the bottom division and view away games against Rochdale as difficult matches. That's just for starters.

I laugh at them all the time.

I see your point, however,

No matter how s**t we are doing, for the last 12 years they have been infinitely sh**ter. Plus they arrange BCFC relegation parties only for us to eventually stay up. They play in the bottom division and view away games against Rochdale as difficult matches. That's just for starters.

I laugh at them all the time.

lest not forget their delusion that they think their a big club and deserve to be in league 1 :laugh:

Why do people start these threads?

1) They will probably stay up

2) Us talking about it is bad luck, just remember their similar threads about us

3) They'll think they are important.

1) Nobody on this thread has said anything different.

2) This thread is nothing like the 'Oh Yes' thread.

3) They already think they are important.

Archived