IGNORED

A Conference Rovers Next Season?

hippy273

"A tramp can change his trousers but he will still have shit his underpants."

Sacking McGhee will make absolutely no difference to the root of our problems but our clueless and classless board will almost certainly pull the trigger soon to keep some of the happy clapping ostrich fans we have happy and deflect the shitstorm from the real target, box number one.

I have had a fairly rocky relationship with the Gas for a couple of years due to some personal issues with some people at the club (for example being 'sacked' from writing for the programme after givin my opinion that the board were wrong in being prepared to let our fans attend an open day at Cheltenham when they knew the Mem rebuild wasn't happening), but after their latest cock up with the Kevin Spencer incident I'm afraid my attitude is that you reap what you sow.

Many years of mismanagement by various idiots at Rovers have led to here and I personally couldn't give two shits whether we go down or not. The disappointment if we do will be balanced by the thought of Higgs and his cronies crapping themselves about getting their millions back from the UWE deal.

Agree with whoever said above that there isn't much to laugh at either side of Bristol at present; a city this size should have at least one top flight club and should really be able to accommodate two Championship clubs; but a board in it for themselves have hampered Rovers for donkeys years.

Oh, and apparently the injury wasn't a break after all, but a very bad sprain.

Hope you're well my red friends. :)

I have had a fairly rocky relationship with the Gas for a couple of years due to some personal issues with some people at the club (for example being 'sacked' from writing for the programme after givin my opinion that the board were wrong in being prepared to let our fans attend an open day at Cheltenham when they knew the Mem rebuild wasn't happening), but after their latest cock up with the Kevin Spencer incident I'm afraid my attitude is that you reap what you sow.

Many years of mismanagement by various idiots at Rovers have led to here and I personally couldn't give two shits whether we go down or not. The disappointment if we do will be balanced by the thought of Higgs and his cronies crapping themselves about getting their millions back from the UWE deal.

What was the Kevin Spencer incident?

I can't say too much but there are some rather significant problems with your UWE scheme. Not sure that your board and UWE realised that you can't really build a stadium on a shoestring. Anyway, it'll all come out in the wash sooner or later....

What was the Kevin Spencer incident?

I can't say too much but there are some rather significant problems with your UWE scheme. Not sure that your board and UWE realised that you can't really build a stadium on a shoestring. Anyway, it'll all come out in the wash sooner or later....

I think Spencer used to be on the board. He got sacked then recently got banned from going to home games because he was saying the current members of board are useless.

I think Spencer used to be on the board. He got sacked then recently got banned from going to home games because he was saying the current members of board are useless.

Sort of. Was on the board until 2006 when a split occurred with three directors resigning as a plan they put forward for the long term benefit of the club was dismissed without even being discussed; and has since given his opinions on a few things - no stronger than any fan - and was at a recent game and was handed a letter at half time stating that his presence was no longer welcome and told to leave.

Re: UWE, to be honest I really hope it does go tits up now, it would show a few of our happy clappers what some have been saying for years and it would virtually end any chance of the leeches in our boardroom getting their dough back. Reap what you sow and all that.

Nick Higgs is the majority shareholder in the corporation that owns / runs the club isn't he? So in theory couldn't he just sell-off the Mem to Sainsburys, pocket the cash, and re-locate rovers back to Bath or Chelts? Obviously he would not be able to walk the streets of north / east Bristol again without body guards but that option is open to him, isn't it?

(disclaimer: I am not saying NH is thinking of doing this! This is my speculation of a possible scenario in a hypothetical world based on hearsay).

I know where he lives and it ain't North/East Bristol I can tell you!

Nick Higgs is the majority shareholder in the corporation that owns / runs the club isn't he? So in theory couldn't he just sell-off the Mem to Sainsburys, pocket the cash, and re-locate rovers back to Bath or Chelts? Obviously he would not be able to walk the streets of north / east Bristol again without body guards but that option is open to him, isn't it?

(disclaimer: I am not saying NH is thinking of doing this! This is my speculation of a possible scenario in a hypothetical world based on hearsay).

Isn't this what happened at Brighton and the Goldstone Ground??

Isn't it great that Bristol elected a mayor with self serving business interests. Well done to all who voted him in...

I think he is a Rovers fan isn't he? although he was against us building a Sainsburys on AG. It's out of his area anyways as Rovers want to build in South Gloucestershire, doubt they will get a new ground if they do go down though. The next Darlington FC

Had to laugh at this from a gapper on the Post web site:

Imagine what would have happened if Winston Churchill had said these words to the people of Britain in 1940 ?

We have one of the biggest budgets in the war

Losing France as an ally will have no material impact

I blame the soldiers for the defeat at Dunkirk

Generals Lawrence, Trollope, Penney, Buckle and McGhee were all outstanding candidates who interviewed extremely well and I gave them lots of guns and ammunition but they all messed up

Don't worry if the Germans have bombed your house and you are living in a hole in the ground in the garden because when all this is over I will build you a new one twice as big and make myself considerably richer in the process

I see no reason why in five years time we shall not be ruling over half the World again

I am flying out to the Bahamas now to take care of my business interests there so toodle pip

The scenario looming is that the gas get the new stadium go ahead but red trousers sticks the boot in with heavy restrictions on the Memorial Ground re developement.

The new stadium is built with a considerably reduced capacity because of concerns over finance & the continual demands of UWE.

The current board start having itchy feet about all the expense, after all it is all chairman's money which is diminishing rapidly.

The gas get relegated & the new stadium gets a new name "The Reynolds Arena"

The board resigns when the chairman scarpers.

The gas, now being non league, can't afford to play there & relocate to Twerton Park.

We all live happily ever after

The scenario looming is that the gas get the new stadium go ahead but red trousers sticks the boot in with heavy restrictions on the Memorial Ground re developement.

The new stadium is built with a considerably reduced capacity because of concerns over finance & the continual demands of UWE.

The current board start having itchy feet about all the expense, after all it is all chairman's money which is diminishing rapidly.

The gas get relegated & the new stadium gets a new name "The Reynolds Arena"

The board resigns when the chairman scarpers.

The gas, now being non league, can't afford to play there & relocate to Twerton Park.

We all live happily ever after

I've heard a few snippets about there ground and some problems it may face

All on the financing side of it don't know how true it is mind

It was the same bloke who told me about bates signing

Archived