IGNORED

Steven Davies

GrahamC

Would like to see him starting, and still believe he can do the business sat behind Baldock.

Davies's forte is running onto crosses and loose balls in the box. Why would you want to have him behind the front line?

The guy doesn't use speed or strength - he uses positional sense. He's a classic poacher, with a lovely finish.

Keep him up front!

Davies had injury problems at Derby and he still has them. He's a classier version of Lee Matthews and will probably miss more games that he plays. I'm sure that if he had been 100% fit yesterday he would have started ahead of Taylor. He provides a much greater goal threat than either Stead or Taylor.

Agree with all of tha above. I seem to remember that when I was questioning whether Del might be tracking the possible move of Davies to Ipswich back in the summer, a number of posters on OTIB were suggesting that we didnt need a player like Davies (not just because we hadnt filled the CB role/s). Davies was class at Derby, and is showing that again at City.

One of the reasons he said he was happy to come to city was Del's intention to play him up front through the middle, rather than out wide where Clough prefrred him. I think Davies has shown already that he is very capable of playing in a central role.

I sincerely hope that Davies and Del have a strong working relationship, and that they are managing Davies appearances together - because he is going to get ****cked off pretty rapidly if Del isn't starting him when he's fit and well unless they are on the same page. No way should Taylor start ahead of Davies if they are both fully fit. I really like Taylor, but wouldnt risk p*ssing Davies off to give Taylor game time.

Davies had injury problems at Derby and he still has them. He's a classier version of Lee Matthews and will probably miss more games that he plays. I'm sure that if he had been 100% fit yesterday he would have started ahead of Taylor. He provides a much greater goal threat than either Stead or Taylor.

The phrase 'damned with faint praise' springs to mind !

Davies's forte is running onto crosses and loose balls in the box. Why would you want to have him behind the front line?

The guy doesn't use speed or strength - he uses positional sense. He's a classic poacher, with a lovely finish.

Keep him up front!

+1

I believe he is quite similar (sorry Steve) to Ricky Lambert. He can get assists and provide link play but he is best at just getting on the end of things.

Archived