IGNORED

Something Seriously Wrong With This Club....

spudski

All you do is slate the club constantly! From johnsons reign to now!

And you love city????

Really?

I actually do love the Club. I just don't like seeing it being run into the ground like this.

There is a difference between slating and constructive critisism.

Just because i don't go along with what i'm being told in the press or by the board, makes me not love City?

We all have different opinions. If you don't like reading what i post, then do as Smokey suggests and stick me on ignore...simples.

Personally I totally blame McInnes and Millen. Both are shit managers, simple as that. The club didn't have these 'deep underlying problems' as recently as 2008 when a decent manager like Gary Johnson took us to the play off final. Millen and McInnes are responsible for the shower that is Pearson, Kilkenny, Woolford, Fontaine, McManus, Bates, Heaton, Elliot and the rest (in Elliot and Fontaine's case because they havent shipped them out)

Does anyone really believe we did anything other than fluke a play off final? We rode a wave of momentum, but had we done it properly we would have gone up automatic. The last 10 games of that season were very painful throwing away top place then second! It was only a missed penalty that seen us through to extra time in the semi final second leg!

Our downfall was having such a "successful" first season that expectations went through the roof, so much so that mid table wasn't good enough and Johnson should have stayed, but please, the play off final was a good cover for the poor end of season form!

Well, in terms of getting St Johnstone promoted he did. It's hardly winning the Champions League seven times but you can see how a board might be swayed by it (let's face it, most fans were)

Inherited Owen Coyles team, followed through. Did nothing since, its Scotland for goodness sake, league 2 equivalent. Said it at the time, seen nothing to change my mind since.

Maybe some fans were swayed but I'd like to think the board had a bit more football knowledge.

I actually do love the Club. I just don't like seeing it being run into the ground like this.

Just because i don't go along with what i'm being told in the press or by the board, makes me not love City?

We all have different opinions. If you don't like reading what i post, then do as Smokey suggests and stick me on ignore...simples.

No thanks I enjoy swearing at you! ;0)

Do you cut yourself?

You just made me remember a University lecture I once sat through. It was about Japanese managerial techniques. Quite literally, a Japanese manager would carry a small sword and commit Hari Kari (suicide) by self-disembowelment with that sword should he be responsible for a major cock up.

Does anyone really believe we did anything other than fluke a play off final? We rode a wave of momentum, but had we done it properly we would have gone up automatic. The last 10 games of that season were very painful throwing away top place then second! It was only a missed penalty that seen us through to extra time in the semi final second leg!

Our downfall was having such a "successful" first season that expectations went through the roof, so much so that mid table wasn't good enough and Johnson should have stayed, but please, the play off final was a good cover for the poor end of season form!

It was a fluke. We won a lot of 1-0 games, played absolutely shit and boring football. Wasnt Byfield our top scorer with like 9 goals? We got lucky because of our momentum from league one. Just like Saints & Norwich did.

obviously we all want to stay up and go further, but is that really a possibility in the near future?

what i'm saying is would it be the worst thing to go down and rebuild? give academy players a proper chance, relieve the pressure on the board and management to sign all these more expensive 'championship' players and ship out the players who think they're championship standard off to some other unfortunate strugglers. more importantly pump some enthusiasm into us, as we're quickly turning into a truly miserable, boring bunch!

expecting abuse but... thoughts?

It was a fluke. We won a lot of 1-0 games, played absolutely shit and boring football. Wasnt Byfield our top scorer with like 9 goals? We got lucky because of our momentum from league one. Just like Saints & Norwich did.

Aye, I think a lot of people look back at that season through rose tinted glasses.

Football was shite, but the players did put their bodies on the line, and earned their luck

McInnes has brought in 11 defenders since he took over; I think he fully well knows that we need defenders. Add to that his attempts to bring in Keogh, Monk, Ward and Gerrard; sorry, you can't say he can't see it.

He may well of but how many of those were permanent. Why sign forwards in the summer and no defenders. Apart from Cunningham and foster every defender we've signed has been on loan or short term contract why?

Is it the manager not able to attract players or the board not releasing funds in the right areas.

Something some where is not right and why have all those players you named not signed for us. He should go to the board and say I need these players not keep wasting money on stop gap loan signings. That's why we keep losing constant changing of team.

Either the board or the manager is to blame on where we spent our money in the summer, whoever it is must accept responsability and if its the board they must say why they didn't back the manager.

We didn't fluke it by finishing 4th that season. Look back at the players we had: Nick Carle, David Noble, Ivan Sproule, Marvin Elliott - as he was, Lee Trundle, Michael McIndoe available for midfield. Up front we had Darren Byfield and Dele Adebola. The likes of Basso, McCombe, a younger Carey, and Bradley Orr in defence - relatively that was a far, far better squad than what we've got now. We would have easily beaten Wolves today with that lot in the side as they were 4 years ago. We've gone backwards since then because those players haven't been replaced with similar or better calibre players.

You do realise you are making yourself look an idiot, don't you?

You actually think in taking a forum of the same old same old seriously? Far from it!!!!

Clearly a majority of planks on here!

I did my serious meaningful talk when Johnson and millen were here!

Guess what no one noticed! You insult a couple of people and everyone has a voice! It's sad and to be honest I'm sad for bothering!

Excellent... get it out of your system and swear away if it makes you feel better.

Getting angry about what i say or our club's fortune on a forum is a bit sad mate.

See my previous statement.

I find it all a giggle and I'm quite happy to call out someone who runs down the club continuously!

If you don't like it make a complaint!

Going back to the OP, I think that SL is well-meaning, but blinkered. It's pretty obvious that he might have a money head, but his football head is either non existant or comes from bad advice.

I still dont think that JL should stay as dir of football. What are his qualifications? How can he support any manager?

Going back to the OP, I think that SL is well-meaning, but blinkered. It's pretty obvious that he might have a money head, but his football head is either non existant or comes from bad advice.

I still dont think that JL should stay as dir of football. What are his qualifications? How can he support any manager?

China, excellent, you've put this thread back on track because this is a really important topic. There is something seriously wrong with this club and your comments above ring very true with me.

Are you serious?

Who appointed both those managers?

There is nothing wrong with half our squad.

It's far deeper than that...

I am starting to really think this club is cursed, nothing seems to go right. I think what is needed at the start of every season is...

Or maybe this is just another excuse to drink more cider.

spudski trouble with you is your old school. read your comment today about a cold crispy morning and heading down the gate.

had a few good memories,and a lot of shit on the way. but hell its our team,,we could be rochdale,never been out of div 4! imagine suporting them.

i know iv been lucky enough to see us in all 4 divisions. but beating plymouth gives me more plesure than a win over blackburn!

ureeddss!

spudski trouble with you is your old school. read your comment today about a cold crispy morning and heading down the gate.

had a few good memories,and a lot of shit on the way. but hell its our team,,we could be rochdale,never been out of div 4! imagine suporting them.

i know iv been lucky enough to see us in all 4 divisions. but beating plymouth gives me more plesure than a win over blackburn!

ureeddss!

Very true mate... old school i am.

And it was a cracking day to watch a match. :colder:

If i came from Rochdale i'd be proud to support them. However... you know where you stand as a Rochdale supporter. It is what it is. So you just enjoy it.

We however, waste money like it's going out of fashion, employ unproven managers with no experience at this level, want to build a mahoosive stadium with dreams of the Prem, and have players who can't string two games of consistancy together and have a board and owner who imho, maybe nice people and want the best for the club but don't know what their doing in a football capacity...and this is why our fans get so irrate...it's there for all to see.

But apparantly that's slating the club... almost treason. :surrender:

But heyho... I'll still go when i can...it's in my blood.

Regardless of the result yesterday, I still enjoyed the game and all the trimmings, because that's what i did with my father for years. Great memories.

Archived