IGNORED

Relegation Or Not: Stick With Del

Fordy62

I know I'll hardly be in the majority with my view, but I like Del.

Blah, blah, blah sort the defence... We'll he has tried. He's signed numerous centre halves and for whatever reason it hasn't worked.

You may all call for SL to dip his hand in his pocket again and get someone else in to do the job, but I think that Del will come good. When, is a different matter, but I say stick with him.

If we get relegated, then so be it, let him have a decent time in charge and really show what he's about. You never know, we may come back up stronger for being relegated.

I'll get my tin hat.

Blah, blah, blah sort the defence... We'll he has tried. He's signed numerous centre halves and for whatever reason it hasn't worked.

You may all call for SL to dip his hand in his pocket again and get someone else in to do the job, but I think that Del will come good. When, is a different matter, but I say stick with him.

If we get relegated, then so be it, let him have a decent time in charge and really show what he's about. You never know, we may come back up stronger for being relegated.

I'll get my tin hat.

Not going to need your tin hat for me mate. I agree with you, as bad as it is I do think he'll come good.

I'll get my tin hat.

With respect, you have got to be ******* joking. This guy has to go on Monday.

I like him, too. He's clearly a decent bloke.

However there is absolutely no sign that it is getting better and we have consistently shipped a ridiculous number of goals this season, he's also signed loads of players but mysteriously refuses to play many of them.

Sorry, he has to go now.

I'll get my tin hat.

Agree, and whos to say anyone else will be better anyway; we certainly cant afford anyone else.

We aint relegated yet.

I'll get my tin hat.

good to see someone who shares my view

However there is absolutely no sign that it is getting better and we have consistently shipped a ridiculous number of goals this season, he's also signed loads of players but mysteriously refuses to play many of them.

Sorry, he has to go now.

I think you touch upon the one point I can't bring myself tO defend.

Why our top scorer isn't first name down every game is beyond me.

I'll get my tin hat.

Get yourself a set of freakin eyes first not a Tin hat.

If you are happy watching us play 1 up front at home and that 1 is a bloke who is good at holding it up but not scoring then good for you. I do not.

My and my 9 yr old left at ht today - I've supported city 40 years and today that was the first time I have even thought og leaving at ht ! Leaving the ground my 9 yr old looked at me and said how he felt sorry for 1 person - Heaton ! He said he's the only 1 who hasn't done anything wrong !!

I could write and write and write about what is right and wrong with our club, our team, our selection our manager but no one would read it as it would be too long. But in short, too many loan signings, too few quality signings, too many times we play negative, too many times we play to combat the opponents but don't have the quality to do it, too many if dels signings not being given a chance - where is Anderson !? Where is Morris ? Why don't the kids get a chance ? Why not Reid ? Why not wes burns ??? Why can't we attack teams ? Cause we don't have players that can defend good enough whilst we are doing so ! I'd rather lose 5-4 than 4-1 let's attack attack ablooody tack !!!!!!

So annoyed, so frustrated - and finally I've never seen tgd robins pub so packed at ht of a city home game. Go now del, please just go.

I'll get my tin hat.

Get yourself a set of freakin eyes first not a Tin hat.

If you are happy watching us play 1 up front at home and that 1 is a bloke who is good at holding it up but not scoring then good for you. I do not.

My and my 9 yr old left at ht today - I've supported city 40 years and today that was the first time I have even thought og leaving at ht ! Leaving the ground my 9 yr old looked at me and said how he felt sorry for 1 person - Heaton ! He said he's the only 1 who hasn't done anything wrong !!

I could write and write and write about what is right and wrong with our club, our team, our selection our manager but no one would read it as it would be too long. But in short, too many loan signings, too few quality signings, too many times we play negative, too many times we play to combat the opponents but don't have the quality to do it, too many if dels signings not being given a chance - where is Anderson !? Where is Morris ? Why don't the kids get a chance ? Why not Reid ? Why not wes burns ??? Why can't we attack teams ? Cause we don't have players that can defend good enough whilst we are doing so ! I'd rather lose 5-4 than 4-1 let's attack attack ablooody tack !!!!!!

So annoyed, so frustrated - and finally I've never seen tgd robins pub so packed at ht of a city home game. Go now del, please just go.

I agree with all of that, with one exception.

Heaton is far from blameless.

I totally agree with you we can't keep sacking managers only to employee another manager just to save us from relegation each season.we need to build a team which takes time.we are not the big club with a Devine right to have success that many city fans believe.i thought del was the right man when we brought him in and I still believe he will turn out to be a good manager.now the players on the other hand is a different matter Kilkenny,Elliott,Pearson,Fontaine,Nyatanga & woolford all not good enough and the worrying thing is that most of these are the midfielders we are having to rely on to win us games a good clear out is what's required before we can move forward.

He clearly has'nt got each position covered. What managers do you know of that bring players in and dont even use them? i.e davies, baldock, morris, anderson etc... what is the point in spending money on these players if your not going to use them??

We obviously have a problem conceeding too many goals, and any decent manager at this level should recognise and actually loan players that cut the mustard and will do a job. To be honest january cannot come any sooner, we need some experienced players that can get us out of this mess.

Dont get me wrong its not all completely del's fault, we have been unlucky with injuries and some players forms. But im afraid dels negatives completely outweigh his positives. He has to go!!!!

I'll get my tin hat.

The problem with football nowadays is people want immediate success. I'm with you. I like him, he talks sense, and he is trying to address the problems and for one reason or another, it's not worked out.

If we're gonna face facts, we have to accept that we are riddled with injuries, especially with the players that we would be playing, i.e. Cunningham. And the ones left aren't good enough. I don't know what's happened to Fontaine the last few seasons but he's fallen apart as a player. Carey is too old. Nyatanga hasn't had enough game time over the last however many seasons and for a good reason. We seem to have a shining light in Joe Bryan, but he can't do everything on his own - he's still a youngster and needs experience first and foremost. Attacking, we seem to be going strong. We've scored more than most, we're just shipping goals. Many of which, are the result of individual errors - something no manager can help.

I personally would give Del this season, next summer, and then however long he needs next year. After that, he has no excuses. It's not so much Del that's an issue, it's the players. How can people not see that?! We've chopped and changed managers for years, it's not worked. Changing again is just gonna put us back to square one, and we have to go through another year/two of transition. It's ridiculous.

BUT, if he does get sacked, we need to do it ASAP. December is an important month, and we need to give a new manager a chance to stamp his authority on the squad in January.

If it was me, though, I'd stick with him. Tin hat also firmly attached to my head.

Bar coming across as a nice guy in interviews can somebody who believes in McInnes please provide me with a list of reasons why? I'm genuinely intrigued as to why some people believe he will come good, because as far as I'm concerned he has done nothing to show that.

He appears incapable of motivating a team, his team selections have baffled on numerous occasions, he is very poor when it comes to effective substituions, as is the case with several other managers in recent history he has signed a load of shit on loan with seemingly no plan intact and spent a lot of money on players we didn't need whilst not strengthening far more crucial areas (Davies and Baldock for £2-£2.5M whilst neglecting CM?!) We've brought in McManus who whilst creamed over on here never made a notable difference results wise, Elekobi and Briggs when we had a perfectly capable young LB in Bryan, Mark Wilson as cover for the marginally better but still poor Foster, Danny Wilson to sit on the bench and this Bates chap who looks no better than what we have...why?! That is an absurd amount of money. This Club never seems to look further ahead than the next fixture, players on loans and 6 month contracts, and we wonder why we're struggling? From where I see it McInnes has no plan and he never had any f ** king plan. The only reason for him staying in the job is you wonder who we'd appoint to replace him and question whether we'd really do any better, but that is not a good reason for him keeping his job!

Should we sack him? Probably, as I can't see us going anywhere under him, but then i can't really see us going anywhere under anyone, and the board aren't exactly the best when it comes to picking new managers.

So please, Derek fans, tell me what you have seen that suggests this man will be a good manager at any point in the near future. He sounds good in interviews - or he comes across as a nice guy - is not a legitimate reason either.

I'll get my tin hat.

Even if we get relegated I would stick with del and give him the chance to rebuild. A lot needs to change at the club, but the manager is not the problem.

Sorry, he has to go now.

As ever, spot on Graham.

He's had 57 games to steady the ship, learn players' strengths and weaknesses, improve coaching, instill a winning spirit, strengthen weak spots and generally learn his trade in the English second tier. He hasn't.

And it's no good people trying to lay all the blame at Lansdown's feet. Not every club outperforming us has spent more than we have.

Archived