IGNORED

Relegation Or Not: Stick With Del

Fordy62

I broadly agree with the original post in so far as that I don't think the manager is the problem or that sacking him is the solution. And it's essential we stick with a manager at some point and show faith with him - we can't keep chopping and changing.

At the same time I do want some reassurance that he knows what the problems are and how to address them. Two things that are encouraging for me are the way which we picked ourselves up after Charlton until today (ok, Tuesday wasn't a great result but I'm not going to criticise the team for losing away against a decent team) and the fact he's not hidden behind anything today and outright slated the performance.

But today clearly wasn't good enough and I think some of the players are out of chances. Fontaine cannot keep being an automatic choice. Davies deserves to start and we cant keep waiting for some of the players to get better. It really is sink-or-swim time now. I want McInnes to get more time but he damn well has to start earning it.

As ever, spot on Graham.

He's had 57 games to steady the ship, learn players' strengths and weaknesses, improve coaching, instill a winning spirit, strengthen weak spots and generally learn his trade in the English second tier. He hasn't.

And it's no good people trying to lay all the blame at Lansdown's feet. Not every club outperforming us has spent more than we have.

You say that as though 57 games is a long time. It isn't.

Don't get me wrong - I want to see signs of improvement and have concerns about the fact that mistakes are getting repeated over and over but we desperately need someone to start taking the long-view and move beyond quick fixes (whether that's Del or not). If we keep expecting managers to sort out 5 years worth of problems in the space of one year we're going to keep firing managers and firing managers and firing managers until we can find someone to give us a short-term fix. And then firing them when that doesn't hold together in the long run.

You say that as though 57 games is a long time. It isn't.

it is when you are facing relegation when he virtually promised he would'nt allow it to happen again.

i'll tell you where I am on the op question, I am a DMC agnostic I desperately want to believe but I am struggling to find the proof and further I fear if he manages to get us relegated who's to say he won't do it again next season?, where is the evidence that he will be the man to get us back up?

it is when you are facing relegation when he virtually promised he would'nt allow it to happen again.

i'll tell you where I am on the op question, I am a DMC agnostic I desperately want to believe but I am struggling to find the proof and further I fear if he manages to get us relegated who's to say he won't do it again next season?, where is the evidence that he will be the man to get us back up?

\

Honestly? At the moment there is no evidence. I believe he's going to eventually come good but it's entirely a gut reaction. There's absolutely nothing I or anyone else can point to as evidence he's the right man for the job.

The issue for me is that I really want to know what he really thinks and obviously that's not something he can tell us for diplomatic reasons without severing relations with the board and further destroying the morale and trust of the team.

If he really believes this is good enough and that the players currently at the club and starting every week deserve to be starting every week then I can't really defend him. If he knows what needs to be done but needs time to do it then I've every sympathy with that.

What a pitiful headline.Mcinnes is clearly way out of his depth.His decisions do not make any sense.He signs good players and doesn't play them. He drops players who score and sticks with players that are liabilities,He has had the support of the Board and signed 7 players plus 4 or 5 on loan. He ignored the biggest problem areas i.e defence and midfield when team rebuilding and we are now paying the price for his dereliction of duty. And he stated he was confident of beating Wolves !

Get shot of him now.

Today was shocking. I had a wander over to wolves forum and they were crapping it - they thought their defence/mid was useless and yet we went Defence against the only part of their team that was any good.

Showed us up twice - poor def onfield, and really piss-poor managing

What a pitiful headline.Mcinnes is clearly way out of his depth.His decisions do not make any sense.He signs good players and doesn't play them. He drops players who score and sticks with players that are liabilities,He has had the support of the Board and signed 7 players plus 4 or 5 on loan. He ignored the biggest problem areas i.e defence and midfield when team rebuilding and we are now paying the price for his dereliction of duty. And he stated he was confident of beating Wolves !

Get shot of him now.

Get shot of him now.

\

Honestly? At the moment there is no evidence. I believe he's going to eventually come good but it's entirely a gut reaction. There's absolutely nothing I or anyone else can point to as evidence he's the right man for the job.

The issue for me is that I really want to know what he really thinks and obviously that's not something he can tell us for diplomatic reasons without severing relations with the board and further destroying the morale and trust of the team.

If he really believes this is good enough and that the players currently at the club and starting every week deserve to be starting every week then I can't really defend him. If he knows what needs to be done but needs time to do it then I've every sympathy with that.

Gut feelings ain't good enough, we need evidence not just the odd shock result when the players can actually be arsed. I will tell what when Danns has gone he will revert back to Skuse and Elliott as central midfield pairing, a pairing that has failed for almost 5 years, will you defend that? because I think personally he really believes that they are fit for purpose I really do.

Gut feelings ain't good enough, we need evidence not just the odd shock result when the players can actually be arsed. I will tell what when Danns has gone he will revert back to Skuse and Elliott as central midfield pairing, a pairing that has failed for almost 5 years, will you defend that? because I think personally he really believes that they are fit for purpose I really do.

If he believes Skuse and Elliott are fit for purpose then I won't defend that at all.

I really wanted Del to be a success, but his selection of certain players week after week.When we can all see they are not playing well. When he leaves other players sat on the bench i just don't understand. We got off to a great start, and yes I know we have had a lot of bad luck. I think the type of player he has got to join I really got me excited about. Then nothing he doesn't even play them or gives them 10 min at the end of the game. Today a match we must win and play well in, he plays one up front and we are the home team. I am sorry Del you have brought this on yourself. The step up from the Scottish Premier League to the this league was too great for you. GO ON PROVE ME WRONG.

He must believe he keeps selecting them to play together, he even selected Elliott to play alongside Skuse when he wasn't even fully fit.

I assume he believes they are (pre to Danns on loan) the best pairing we have at a club. To be fair to him, I find it hard to suggest a better pairing.

You could say we should have strengthened there pre-season and I probably agree. But at the same time, much as everyone loves this revisionist history where we wasted money on areas that didn't need strengthening, left-back, goal-keeper and striker were urgent areas for improvement too. You could say the Anderson and Morris money could have been used elsewhere and I'd probably agree but, even for the best managers, not every signing works out so I'm not going to slate McInnes for lacking the sixth sense.

If McInnes thought that we could scrape by over this season with an improved strikeforce, left-back and keeper and improve the defence and central midfield next Summer then he was wrong but I can forgive the mistake. If he really thinks those players are the long-term future of the club then that's a wholly different question and would show an inability to identify problems in the club.

I really wanted Del to be a success, but his selection of certain players week after week.When we can all see they are not playing well. When he leaves other players sat on the bench i just don't understand. We got off to a great start, and yes I know we have had a lot of bad luck. I think the type of player he has got to join I really got me excited about. Then nothing he doesn't even play them or gives them 10 min at the end of the game. Today a match we must win and play well in, he plays one up front and we are the home team. I am sorry Del you have brought this on yourself. The step up from the Scottish Premier League to the this league was too great for you. GO ON PROVE ME WRONG.

+1, but I seriously doubt itll happen now

I assume he believes they are (pre to Danns on loan) the best pairing we have at a club. To be fair to him, I find it hard to suggest a better pairing.

You could say we should have strengthened there pre-season and I probably agree. But at the same time, much as everyone loves this revisionist history where we wasted money on areas that didn't need strengthening, left-back, goal-keeper and striker were urgent areas for improvement too. You could say the Anderson and Morris money could have been used elsewhere and I'd probably agree but, even for the best managers, not every signing works out so I'm not going to slate McInnes for lacking the sixth sense.

If McInnes thought that we could scrape by over this season with an improved strikeforce, left-back and keeper and improve the defence and central midfield next Summer then he was wrong but I can forgive the mistake. If he really thinks those players are the long-term future of the club then that's a wholly different question and would show an inability to identify problems in the club.

You really are a believer aren't you, he didn't need 6th sense to realise how useless our midfield was, he had 5 years worth of history, the last year he witnessed first hand, if he needed a 6th sense for that he is seriously in the wrong profession.

I like the bloke, he is a genuine nice guy, you can tell in the way he conducts him in interviews and the way he helped those stranded fans was brilliant. But I think he's way out of his depth, he keeps chopping and changing the team for no reason at all, he play fontaine, the worst centre back i've ever seen down the gate, over a 2 million pound defender who's on loan for a few months..

He has to go before it's too late, I prefer he went before the jan window so our new man whoever it may be can buy a few players.. you know, those thing called professional footballers, who can kick the ball in the right direction and pass it to a team mate.

You really are a believer aren't you, he didn't need 6th sense to realise how useless our midfield was, he had 5 years worth of history, the last year he witnessed first hand, if he needed a 6th sense for that he is seriously in the wrong profession.

He didn't need a 6th sense to realise how useless our entire squad was. He had to make decisions what to improve. That's a reality.

He didn't need a 6th sense to realise how useless our entire squad was. He had to make decisions what to improve. That's a reality.

So to bring in 2 expensive and highly paid strikers and then not to play them because the midfield is not fit for purpose, that's a master stroke. + 2 more disgruntled strikers to add to the ever growing list.

Sure. But not playing the strikers is the balls-up. Not signing them in the first place.

I personally think that is even worse. How much money, and percentage of wages has he spent on bench warmers.

Disgusting waste of resources

Sure. But not playing the strikers is the balls-up. Not signing them in the first place.

I personally think that is even worse. How much money, and percentage of wages has he spent on bench warmers.

I'm not going to argue with that. I just think anyone who thinks we didn't need new strikers in the Summer is completely wrong.

Although I'd add he's not wasted money on Davies - bench or not his goals have been crucial this season. Baldock I feel sorry for though.

I'm not going to argue with that. I just think anyone who thinks we didn't need new strikers in the Summer is completely wrong.

Although I'd add he's not wasted money on Davies - bench or not his goals have been crucial this season. Baldock I feel sorry for though.

Oh we needed striker/s, but left back, centre back and centre midfield were more important. It is just bad judgement.

Out of all the goals scored by Baldock and Davies, I wonder how many have got us points. I haven't checked

We are incapable of playing two up-front. Our midfield is far worse than he thought. None of this is particularly confusing.

Not confusing?, how long did it take him to realise this? on one of 2 long non winning streaks of last season or this seasons marathon, before or after he signed these 2 strikers he has now put on the bench, you are making a great case against him you really are, I don't how much more evidence he actually needed/needs.

Baldock and Davies must be rueing the day they signed for us.

I like the bloke, he is a genuine nice guy, you can tell in the way he conducts him in interviews and the way he helped those stranded fans was brilliant. But I think he's way out of his depth, he keeps chopping and changing the team for no reason at all, he play fontaine, the worst centre back i've ever seen down the gate, over a 2 million pound defender who's on loan for a few months..

He has to go before it's too late, I prefer he went before the jan window so our new man whoever it may be can buy a few players.. you know, those thing called professional footballers, who can kick the ball in the right direction and pass it to a team mate.

Already to late - doomed I am afraid.

Not confusing?, how long did it take him to realise this? on one of 2 long non winning streaks of last season or this seasons marathon, before or after he signed these 2 strikers he has now put on the bench, you are making a great case against him you really are, I don't how much more evidence he actually needed/needs.

Baldock and Davies must be rueing the day they signed for us.

He was playing 3 in midfield most of last season so clearly he realised it then but then thought/hoped we'd improve enough to be able to play two up-front this season. Then this season's losing marathon showed we haven't.

Archived