IGNORED

Mcinnes - Sack Or Back? Tough Call For Lansdown.

Robbored

I genuinely think relegation would not be a disaster IF we took the correct steps. Take a few seasons to set up a young, confident, passing team.

Relegation would be a disaster. An immediate loss of £4 in revenue, and exodus of all our decent players, serious drop in ST sales. no gaurentee that we'd be able to get out of Div 1 Again. It took us long enough last ffs.

Relegation would be a disaster. An immediate loss of £4 in revenue, and exodus of all our decent players, serious drop in ST sales. no gaurentee that we'd be able to get out of Div 1 Again. It took us long enough last ffs.

Totally and utterly agree.

Southampton. Norwich. Charlton. Wednesday.

No reason we can't come back stronger?

Because every season we are just papering over the cracks thinking we have the chance. We have the same core of players we've had for a while now and it's not working.

I am confident we wouldn't drop into League Two as Steve L will back us enough to ensure that doesn't happen.

It should be noted that the League 1 FFP cap on player's wages = 60% of turnover for 2012/13

Even if gate and sponsorship revenue holds up to 2010/11 levels (last published accounts - FAT CHANCE??) turnover will fall to around £9M through loss of Championship TV money (£2M I believe). This will mean maximum player salary costs of £5.4M compared with more than £15M in 2010/11 - i.e. wages will need to be cut by two thirds

We had better hope that most of our current players can find employment elsewhere and are prepared to take a pay cut to get it. If they are then this must be the best available route to a sustainable future (post-Lansdown) but if they are not we will be well-stuffed. Again this should be borne in mind when we are demanding quality signings next month in hope that we can secure Championship survival.

Because every season we are just papering over the cracks thinking we have the chance. We have the same core of players we've had for a while now and it's not working.

I am confident we wouldn't drop into League Two as Steve L will back us enough to ensure that doesn't happen.

Like he's backing us now?..............Same situation, lower league, lower gates, lower revenue.

SL dosen't identify signings, coach, pick the team, decide on tactics or decide on substitutes, he just pays for it, a good chairman would never interfere in any of that.

I agree.

The point I'm making is even with the financial clout of one of the wealthiest blokes in the land, we'd still possibly be up sh1t creek. Just because he backs us, as he is now, why assume it would all be lovely in league one? Somebody will still have to identify and appoint the correct manager, which we only seem to be able to do once in a blue moon.

spot on RR, for once we agree..I wouldnt count on an early return either, because our club is sadly, truly, utterly in the shit right now...

I really can't see much wrong with the squad available. Not a promotion squad maybe but certainly a squad that can mix it mid table. Im worried that it is purely a management/coaching issue. Do we stick with him a let him use us to learn his trade and maybe get the benefits down the line OR get an experienced manager in that can get a lot more out the squad available ??? I think the board will sack him !

I agree with you when you say it's a coaching/training or possibly discipline issue. I don't think the board will sack him simply because the club can't afford it

We have to turn this around before the new year or the outlook wont be great.

However,we`ve been there before and been here before we are also not going to drop off the face of the earth, we will go on whatever happens.

(and back by the way, no miricle cure or super manager coming, what will be will be)

Win percentages (all over approx 50-60 games):

Tinnion 36%

Millen 34.78%

Steve Kean 28.38%

McInnes 26.79%

Don't know what else to say really, other than, why the #### is he still here??

we have no great track record re managers, what reason would you have that we may find the "right" one next time.

He's going to be here for a while. All these signings for our development squad says to me that they are preparing for life in league One.

Buying players in January is a major risk especially if we go down. We need a clean sweep through the club, the spine of it is not good enough with too many players to replace in one go.

Even though McInnes has made some mistakes he has still got the spine of the side of the last few years, Fontaine, Carey, Nyatanga Elliot, Skuse.........all league one players. But to move on we have to get rid!

I think DM has tried to support the players and that hasn't worked, I'd prefer him to start slating players and tell them to find new clubs now!

Let them go for free because they ain't worth nowt right now!

we have no great track record re managers, what reason would you have that we may find the "right" one next time.

Pretty lame reason for keeping a manager who doesn't even have a 'poor' win record at City, he has a simply awful one.

It was a new board that selected McInnes. We have to hope that they have learnt lessons for when they next have to appoint.

Back him (please).

I don't understand why his tactics are being criticised. In hindsight 442 might have been a better choice yesterday but it would have been a gamble. The performance against boro must have been worth keeping the same team/formation for two games esp in light of our situation - some on here were calling for continuity in squad selection.

My only criticism is that the players weren't up for the Charlton game enough as they should have been. (thats the last one I went to) is that management's fault? - debatable, Johnson was good at getting players up for a game but the fickle ****s got what they wanted with Johnson out.

Assess the situation on Jan 1st but maybe start making covert investigations into availability of managers.

Please save your energy for backing the players/management when they do something good. Sit there and shut up if its terrible, and maybe boo at the end if you feel it is absolutely necessary, but ideally have a rant on here or 20man or summat.

CTID

He's going to be here for a while. All these signings for our development squad says to me that they are preparing for life in league One.

Buying players in January is a major risk especially if we go down. We need a clean sweep through the club, the spine of it is not good enough with too many players to replace in one go.

Even though McInnes has made some mistakes he has still got the spine of the side of the last few years, Fontaine, Carey, Nyatanga Elliot, Skuse.........all league one players. But to move on we have to get rid!

I think DM has tried to support the players and that hasn't worked, I'd prefer him to start slating players and tell them to find new clubs now!

Let them go for free because they ain't worth nowt right now!

good shout that, if he was sacked he wouldn't have had time to change his methods in that respect, arguably

• Admin

Back him (please).

I don't understand why his tactics are being criticised. In hindsight 442 might have been a better choice yesterday

My only criticism is that the players weren't up for the Charlton game enough as they should have been. (thats the last one I went to)

CTID

I think you answered your own question. If you weren't there yesterday, you can't fully appreciate just how bad we were in the first half and whilst the players should be shouldering a fair chunk of the criticisim, it was Del who set them up sooo negatively against a team that has been struggling.

You could have taken 11 strangers off the street, who knew nothing about football, coached them for 15 minutes, sent them onto the pitch in red shirts and seen a better display. Thankfully I didn't drive down, so had the luxury of watching the game with a couple of pints of Butcombe blurring the harsh reality and then had to have a couple more after to try and eradicate the memory of the sheer inadequacy and cluelessness of the performance, which would be enough to give even the most apathetic fan nightmares.

I don't understand why his tactics are being criticised. In hindsight 442 might have been a better choice yesterday but it would have been a gamble. The performance against boro must have been worth keeping the same team/formation for two games esp in light of our situation - some on here were calling for continuity in squad selection.

Its not just yesterday's performance is it.

Not a single clean sheet this season, no consistency ( unless you call 7 consequetive defeats consistant ) with perfomances or team formation. Players that McInnes signed barely featuring, Anderson, Morris, Mark Wilson. Same under performing players starting, Pearson, Fontaine and Kilkenny. Longest undefeated run this season of just two games.

Its been crap for a long time under McInnes, yesterday was about the worst display since City lost 0-6 to Cardiff under Johnson but such a defeat was always likely to happen.

Archived