IGNORED

Stuart Hall / Max Clifford

Maesknoll Red

Report today on the Post site of a 19 year old jailed for having sex with his 14 year old girfriend. Obviously a dirty old man abusing a child :grr:

Still think it's wrong. 14 is far too young. And why can't this 19 year old get a girl his own age... All the kids who went with younger girls at school were the proper losers who played on their desire to be popular.

Don't like it one bit.

Let's emphasise again that these are allegations at this stage. Allegations that at this stage we have no idea of the substance.

When you are famous name, it's a sad fact that you can often attract baseless accusations by people who are either after money or publicity or just are plain mad.

It's also worth noting that the man in his 80s from Berkshire has not been arrested, yet alone charged.

• Admin

Let's emphasise again that these are allegations at this stage. Allegations that at this stage we have no idea of the substance.

When you are famous name, it's a sad fact that you can often attract baseless accusations by people who are either after money or publicity or just are plain mad.

It's also worth noting that the man in his 80s from Berkshire has not been arrested, yet alone charged.

I'm of the opinion that those accused of crimes that, even if found innocent of, can wreck reputations and careers (even lives) should remain annonimous until they are proven guilty. Sadly, so many people seem to think that because the red tops print a story, its true, once it is shown not to be, in many cases its too late, the mud has well and truly stuck.

I'm of the opinion that those accused of crimes that, even if found innocent of, can wreck reputations and careers (even lives) should remain annonimous until they are proven guilty. Sadly, so many people seem to think that because the red tops print a story, its true, once it is shown not to be, in many cases its too late, the mud has well and truly stuck.

I'd agree there MR. There should be some sort of legislation giving statutory protection to those arrested or questioned for sexual offences. Once they are charged, it might be different, you might need to find witnesses etc but at the early stages the need to protect reputations from sometimes baseless accusations should overide other considerations.

I'd agree there MR. There should be some sort of legislation giving statutory protection to those arrested or questioned for sexual offences. Once they are charged, it might be different, you might need to find witnesses etc but at the early stages the need to protect reputations from sometimes baseless accusations should overide other considerations.

No chance. In the feminist view, ALL men are guilty.

Still think it's wrong. 14 is far too young. And why can't this 19 year old get a girl his own age... All the kids who went with younger girls at school were the proper losers who played on their desire to be popular.

Don't like it one bit.

Can't say I'm mad keen on it myself, but it doesn't warrant a jail sentence.

No chance. In the feminist view, ALL men are guilty.

Well it has to be said, when the coalition put this forward in a green paper (discussion document) it was strongly opposed by some female MPs.

Of course, the fact the accuser enjoys lifetime anonymity could also be argued against - surely if the name was known, witnesses might come forward to help the defence in certain cases. So you might have a bit of a point there, Mr A. What's sauce for the goose is not considered sauce for the gander, it seems.

Well it has to be said, when the coalition put this forward in a green paper (discussion document) it was strongly opposed by some female MPs.

Of course, the fact the accuser enjoys lifetime anonymity could also be argued against - surely if the name was known, witnesses might come forward to help the defence in certain cases. So you might have a bit of a point there, Mr A. What's sauce for the goose is not considered sauce for the gander, it seems.

A friend of mine had to leave Bristol because of false allegations, which were withdrawn just before the case came to trial. It turned out that this was the third time she'd gone through the procedure. I wonder how many more times she did it, and how many more lives she wrecked? And, for that matter, how many rapists were acquitted because jurors knew about this and other such cases?

I have said this many, many times.

What do you think? No, I'm asking the question as to whether the police are going to pursue all the alleged cases of people having sexual contact with under-16-year-olds. The knowledge of the behaviour of, for instance, certain notable rock bands, has been out there for many years, but I don't recall any arrests being made. It strikes me that they're picking off easy targets at the moment, particularly people who are dead. I just wonder if they'd have the guts to address one or two cases that might be a little more challenging...

Call me a pervert, but actually yes I do see a difference between, for instance, an 18-year-old having a relationship with a 15-year-old, and a dirty old man assaulting a child, although I don't think the law makes much distinction...

+1

Archived