IGNORED

Stuart Hall / Max Clifford

Maesknoll Red

Ummmm Innocent until proven guilty I believe is the term.

**** having you three sat on a jury.

Imagine the scenario, Piers Morgan is in the dock (doesn't matter what for), you are on the jury.

Now is he guilty or not?

There's an interesting story about Max as well that he hasn't publicised much:

How else to explain the 'sex parties'? He held them throughout the Sixties, the Seventies and right the way into the Eighties, always in the distinctly unglamorous locale of the outer London suburbs.

'It was absolutely ridiculous. I'll give an example. A mate of mine had a little flat in Colliers Wood. He was a printer and on a Friday evening, I used to use the flat. Mac would come back from the late shift at three or four in the morning, and there would be this one at it in that bedroom, and this one there, and that one there, and these ones standing in the corridor... he'd say, Max, I'm ever so tired, do you think you could ask such-and-such to leave, because I'm knackered. And these people, they would be household names.'

It sounds not so much like an anecdote as an account of a scene from a Sixties British sex comedy. Which isn't such a bad comparison actually, since Diana Dors was a 'friend' of Max's and in the book he drops fairly heavy hints about an affair.

'So what? People would be slipping away during the party?' I ask him. 'Or it would be happening in front of you?'

'It wasn't you do her, and you do him... it was natural combustion. Like-minded people. Coming together. And I was the ringmaster.'

'So, you were a participator? Or just the organiser?'

'Well, I would say it, but I was extremely selective. With me it was quality rather than quantity, which was why I was probably extremely lucky in terms of sexual diseases. Of course we'd never heard of Aids and things like that, I mean Jesus Christ! When I think back... so it was natural spontaneity. But, hmm, there was an awful lot of it.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2006/jul/23/pressandpublishing.observermagazine

So are they going to arrest the remaining members of Led Zeppelin, whose exploits with 14/15 year old groupies in the USA in the 1970s have been well-documented (not least by themselves)?

Blimey, when I was 16 my girlfriend was not quite 15 . Perhaps they'll come for me too.

Are you defending paedophillia?

So are they going to arrest the remaining members of Led Zeppelin, whose exploits with 14/15 year old groupies in the USA in the 1970s have been well-documented (not least by themselves)?

Because of the statute of limitations over there, I believe that this sort of offence would not go to court as it happened so long ago.

Are you defending paedophillia?

What do you think? No, I'm asking the question as to whether the police are going to pursue all the alleged cases of people having sexual contact with under-16-year-olds. The knowledge of the behaviour of, for instance, certain notable rock bands, has been out there for many years, but I don't recall any arrests being made. It strikes me that they're picking off easy targets at the moment, particularly people who are dead. I just wonder if they'd have the guts to address one or two cases that might be a little more challenging...

Call me a pervert, but actually yes I do see a difference between, for instance, an 18-year-old having a relationship with a 15-year-old, and a dirty old man assaulting a child, although I don't think the law makes much distinction...

It's a funny ol'world. How many countries around the world have marriages and legal relationships below 16?

I bet there are more population in the world that do than don't.

Not that i agree with it... however... How many times have you been in a club and a bird comes up to you and you pull and she say's she's 19 only to find out later that she's a lot younger? It's happened to many.

I reckon a lot of people are going to come forward now, even though they were consenting and misleading back then.

Bet it goes on everyday with Pop and Rock bands still now and anyone with fame and money.

You gotta feel sorry for some... but not others.

forgive me for not grasping this but i dont understand how all these under 16s got in contact with them anyway? was it friends of family and such saying things like 'pop round and see uncle stewy if you like later??'

were these youngsters parents aware of where they were going? if so,they are as much to blame for letting them go in the first place

Hall was 80+ . The mind boggles really that none of this came out before, and i emphasise the word none. Now it is like a torrent of people coming forward. Almost like the entire horrible affair was some form of eyes wide shut affair. I think this is going to run for several months and there will be a clamour, come the end, for our privacy laws to be overhauled at the end of it... some, as we know who are not guilty, have already had their reputations destroyed by this.

We all know what is wrong...... but everyone is guilty as soon as, as far as the public is concerned..... fan the flames and nobody stands a fair chance?

I'd expect there are a fair few on here that might question their own actions over the years?

And I mean that either way............ something else....... all of this ain't going to make it all go away or make it right until the human race ends.

Thing is the grey areas if there is such a thing?

Archived