IGNORED

Am I The Only Gas Friendly City Fan?

tom from sunny side

You are just a bunch of w-nkers who only exist because of the Ashton Eight and now the funds of one man and loads of you are not even grateful to him . Your time will come and in the not too distance future when he pulls the plug..and more importantly the money then we will see who is laughing. At least we own our ground which is something you will not do if you get your new Stadium. Lansdown Holdings FC 2014.

Sorry to spoil your party south Glos Rovers, you don't own the Rugby ground. Dunfords property wing owns it, you lot pay rent and he's very grateful for it. Just as he was when he had shares in the old Eastville stadium when it burnt down, then using the insurance money to buy the Hambrook training ground, then the ground at Broomhill while charging rent to Rovers for both. Stealing the rugby club with the same money, only to sell half of it for double the money and still keeping his money. Got quite rich as a Rovers stalwart didn't he? And who do you think will own the new stadium if you ever need it? How is it being paid for by the way?

You are just a bunch of w-nkers who only exist because of the Ashton Eight and now the funds of one man and loads of you are not even grateful to him . Your time will come and in the not too distance future when he pulls the plug..and more importantly the money then we will see who is laughing. At least we own our ground which is something you will not do if you get your new Stadium. Lansdown Holdings FC 2014.

Ho Ho Ho,just think, if WSM have a decent second half of the season in the BSS, you will probably have to play them next year :-)

enjoy being a semi proffesional club next year, you can tell nuneaten fans how much of a big club you are ;)

Growing up in Downend when we were in the same league and needing to go to a Gas dominated school the day after that 3-0 at Twerton (ranks as the worst school day of my life), and now having cousins who are dating Gasheads gives me a realism about them.

They positively hate us, they hate us winning, they pay as much attention to our result as theirs and I think fk it, why should I like them or feel sorry for them?

You go in the Sandringham pub on a saturday night, if the Gas have lost they'll be pretty happy in there just because we have lost.

I liken them to Scotland and we are England.

The English think "Oooh they aren't that bad, be nice for the Scots to get a go in the world cup etc" - then you go up there and they are selling and buying fking Sweden shirts because we are playing them.

So fk 'em, I hope they go down and I hope they end up losing to Mangotsfield. They don't like us, I care little for them but I see no reason to feel bad for 'em.

Growing up in Downend when we were in the same league and needing to go to a Gas dominated school the day after that 3-0 at Twerton (ranks as the worst school day of my life), and now having cousins who are dating Gasheads gives me a realism about them.

They positively hate us, they hate us winning, they pay as much attention to our result as theirs and I think fk it, why should I like them or feel sorry for them?

You go in the Sandringham pub on a saturday night, if the Gas have lost they'll be pretty happy in there just because we have lost.

I liken them to Scotland and we are England.

The English think "Oooh they aren't that bad, be nice for the Scots to get a go in the world cup etc" - then you go up there and they are selling and buying fking Sweden shirts because we are playing them.

So fk 'em, I hope they go down and I hope they end up losing to Mangotsfield. They don't like us, I care little for them but I see no reason to feel bad for 'em.

I remember one gashead famously said " I don't care if we're 91st in the league, as long as Bristol City are 92nd" Sums everything up.

Used to have to go to school in an era when we could not buy a win against them!! It was not good and they are still the 2nd result I look for every week hoping they have lost!!

Someone said the derby is not as bad as the Manchester or Newcastle one!! Don't you believe it, ask Rovers fans what it's like around AG on a proper Derby match day, there are a good number who refuse to come here for no other reason than being scared. (Weather you think that's right or wrong is for another thread)

Used to have to go to school in an era when we could not buy a win against them!! It was not good and they are still the 2nd result I look for every week hoping they have lost!!

Someone said the derby is not as bad as the Manchester or Newcastle one!! Don't you believe it, ask Rovers fans what it's like around AG on a proper Derby match day, there are a good number who refuse to come here for no other reason than being scared. (Weather you think that's right or wrong is for another thread)

That's the thing I always think when people on here say Cardiff are more of a rival than them. You go in a pub after the game and everyone wants to know "How did the gas get on?" you never hear people asking after Cardiff.

Some of my closest mates are Gas , and their good blokes , but if they go down this season , I won't have any sympathy for them.

I've still got the memories of the texts I got from some of them after we lost in the play off finals v Brighton and Hull.

I've yet to text them anything derogatory about Rovers , and even sent a text congratulating them after they beat us in the LDV , but I'm biding my time for the big one. He who laughs last and all that.

Sorry Tom but, I have never known a city fan start a sentence mentioning both teams, while not putting city first, unless they were mentioning a fixture where Rovers were at home.

I even go spare when the local media refer to a derby at AG, as Rovers vs City.

In relation to the demise of that other club, not worried in the slightest. Although some might enjoy the rivalry, I hate it,

I hated the build up to those matches and was sick of always being seen as Bristol City vs THE ROVERS.

There was always a tendency to big up their meagre achievements by the local media, while at the same time knocking our meagre success. I guess they were always considered as the underdogs. Let's go and see how "THE ROVERS" are doing, "let's go over to the MEM". I'm sorry but the family club (ha ha, family from hell) can go to the wall for all I care, though I will feel sorry for some of their more decent supporters.

Remember, this is the club that tried to buy AG on the quiet and really put us out of business.

The club that refuse to sell their players to BCFC

The only sporting club in the whole of the region that did not support Bristols world cup bid.

The club that demanded our city council found them a site for a ground.

The club that blamed the council for not helping them in any planning applications, even though they never made any.

The club that leaft Bristol for ten years, paid their rates to Bath and then set up a political party to oppose the city council at the local elections.

The club that stole the memorial ground from the Rugby club.

And the club that plans to move out of Bristol again, while still using Bristol in their title.

No I wouldn't miss them.

Amen

Remember, this is the club that tried to buy AG on the quiet and really put us out of business.

The club that refuse to sell their players to BCFC

The only sporting club in the whole of the region that did not support Bristols world cup bid.

The club that demanded our city council found them a site for a ground.

The club that blamed the council for not helping them in any planning applications, even though they never made any.

The club that leaft Bristol for ten years, paid their rates to Bath and then set up a political party to oppose the city council at the local elections.

The club that stole the memorial ground from the Rugby club.

And the club that plans to move out of Bristol again, while still using Bristol in their title.

No I wouldn't miss them.

Well said.

OOoooooooooooo tuck your blouse in love.............................. we will always be better than you....... hurts don't it eh?

As a diehard City fan who was raised and still lives deep in scum territory, I have mates who I respect that are staunch gas. For them, I would be genuinely gutted!

As a City fan who stood on the away end at Eastville whil they taunted us about '82 and as a supporter who stood on the away terrace at Trumpton when they hammered us in 1990 and remembering skeletor's 'let's play spot the s***head' on Kingswood high St, **** them!

I hope they go down, down again and again but not out of business. Let the bastards suffer every possible humiliation on their way down while we continue to gloat!

Can't stand the gas scum, never have liked them, never, ever will.

If that is politically incorrect, I don't care. Any City fan that has any sympathy for the pikey theiving low life trash from BS7 must be younger than me or seriously need enlightening of just how bad they were.

As a diehard City fan who was raised and still lives deep in scum territory, I have mates who I respect that are staunch gas. For them, I would be genuinely gutted!

As a City fan who stood on the away end at Eastville whil they taunted us about '82 and as a supporter who stood on the away terrace at Trumpton when they hammered us in 1990 and remembering skeletor's 'let's play spot the s***head' on Kingswood high St, **** them!

I hope they go down, down again and again but not out of business. Let the bastards suffer every possible humiliation on their way down while we continue to gloat!

Can't stand the gas scum, never have liked them, never, ever will.

If that is politically incorrect, I don't care. Any City fan that has any sympathy for the pikey theiving low life trash from BS7 must be younger than me or seriously need enlightening of just how bad they were.

Which bit do you think is un-PC ?

Having utter disdain for another football club Eco. I, genuinely, despise that shower!

In the modern, fluffy world, some people seem to have sympathy for their plight. I would throw a party if they went down!

I don't think that will ever be classed as not politically correct !

I think it's more the fans I hate. Those who claim there a better side as the last time we met in the cup they beat us. Those who dished out stick at David James' howler against Watford last year, jealous of the fact that an ex England keeper was representing us. I could go on. It pisses me off as they've zero going for them. Sooner there extinct the better.

Sorry if this has been said recently by someone else but I would be sad if Rovers went down. I love Bristol and would much prefer the city to have two teams in the League than not. I do sometimes get the feeling on here that people want to hate the gas more than they actually do. What do you think?

I hates the gas and would take great delight in them going down and then again, then again etc.

Every gashead I know "supports" a first division team as well. Hardly any of them go to games but are happy to give it the big un when city lose or are struggling in general.

Archived