IGNORED

Will This Be The Straw?

Esmond Million's Bung

Well Valencia and Yaya Toure have both attempted terrible dives (that they got nothing for I might add) in the 1st half of the Manchester derby, so I'm going to say that as far as they're concerned the camel is still standing...

indeed modern day players have shedloads of money but absolutely no pride whatsoever.

PS:- Balotelli is an ignorant waste of space earning money on the false pretences of trying imitate a footballer, even the manc fans are getting pissed off with him.

indeed modern day players have shedloads of money but absolutely no pride whatsoever.

PS:- Balotelli is an ignorant waste of space earning money on the false pretences of trying imitate a footballer, even the manc fans are getting pissed off with him.

I'm not sure there's a lack of pride as such, it's more that there is a 'win at all costs' attitude in the game which completely obscures any sense of right and wrong. I think it was the 'generation' before this made that jump

I agree on Balotelli; he has no where near the ability that we're told he has or that the size of his ego would require

I'm not sure there's a lack of pride as such, it's more that there is a 'win at all costs' attitude in the game which completely obscures any sense of right and wrong. I think it was the 'generation' before this made that jump

I agree on Balotelli; he has no where near the ability that we're told he has or that the size of his ego would require

The referee who had great 1st half is having a mare in the 2nd.

The referee who had great 1st half is having a mare in the 2nd.

Agreed, he's made some poor calls 2nd half. Credit to Tevez a minute ago too; if he'd gone down he might have got a penalty there under pressure from Evra

Horrible 'Citeh' fans throwing things at Rooney too while he takes a corner. Noticed after his 1st goal too

Justice done in the end, the ref was dreadful in the 2nd half, Tevez should have gone that was a straight red.

Manc fans are a disgrace. Ferdinand was probably the MOM today.

I've always disliked Man City to be honest; a horrible little club with horrible little fans, as born out today. Credit for dragging themselves back into the match despite not really clicking, they just ruined it by going over the top trying to physically bully a Utd team who to be honest are perhaps there to be bullied

Ferdinand played well, as did Smalling when he came on. Thought Rooney was MoM though and Young and Cleverly played well too

That broke the camels back. Will the authorities have the balls to do something now?.

The best bit the cheating bastard even rolls around in agony.

NO!! This is because Arsenal are one of the so called "elite" clubs. If however a Bradford City player should use the same tactic against Arsenal in this coming week's League Cup game, then he and his clubll get jumped on by the authorities and be slated in the press.

That broke the camels back. Will the authorities have the balls to do something now?.

Why start with him?

I've seen a lot worse than this throughout the season. Biggest culprit....Ashley Young!

If you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

Do you honestly believe there will be any consistency?

I don't.

Why start with him?

I've seen a lot worse than this throughout the season. Biggest culprit....Ashley Young!

If you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

Do you honestly believe there will be any consistency?

I don't.

of course you have to do it for all, where have I suggested otherwise and yes Young has been bad, but please don't allow your obvious hatred of manu cloud the fact that Carzola's dive is by far the worst in a already bad season for diving and made far worse by the pathetic girly theatrics that followed.

There will be no need for consistency because the first 3 or 4 cheats who get heavily fined and banned for 6 to 10 games, will should stop it over night.

What completely baffles me is that an organisation like UEFA will retrospectively ban Shakhtar's Luiz Adriano for one match when he scored a few weeks ago after Nordsjælland kicked the ball out for a throw I think yet our FA will do FA to stop this sort of thing. Adriano could justifiably claim he did nothing wrong according to the laws of the game yet was suspended.

One thing I would say is that there can be an extremely large grey area in this area. I think it was MOTD where they were talking about Bale and said that with the speed he travels then the smallest touch can easily bring him down (His theatrics certainly don't help). If a panel was set up so that if you could say beyond any reasonable doubt this player has dived, as in the case of Cazorla, then a 2 game ban is handed out. Aban is definitely necessary but I think we are getting carried away when we talk about 6/8 game bans. If a player can be sent off for a challenge that could potentially end a career and only get 3 games then you can't really give someone who has dived twice as long.

Time to hand out points deductions to teams I think.

If on replay it was shown there was no contact what so ever, then it is a clear casse of cheating. Give the club a 3 point deduction. I guarantee, within a few weeks there will be no diving what so ever.

Player bans and fines will not stop it. Points deductions will.

It part of the game and has been for years

You here players from the 70s saying it happened then

but there wasnt the tv coverage there is now to high light it.

Cheating - diving; was not endemic in the 70's.

TV coverage would have highlighted it because it was not part of the culture of football. Players acted in a very diffrent way. Diving was seen as effeminate.

Cheating - diving; was not endemic in the 70's.

TV coverage would have highlighted it because it was not part of the culture of football. Players acted in a very diffrent way. Diving was seen as effeminate.

Totally correct dear old Jimmy Hill was a constant campaigner for playing the game the correct way and it was his campaigning that helped bring the red card for professional fouls for stopping a goal scoring opportunity.

How come Reid has completely escaped criticism for swinging a wild late challenge that got nowhere near the ball? Nothing in the rules of football says that isn't a penalty (because you don't have to make contact) but would the ref still have correctly awarded it if Carzola hadn't gone down? Just asking ...

They were discussing diving on Goals on Sunday yesterday and Paul Jewell made an interesting observation.

He asked if diving was being scrutinised so closely , with people calling for video evidence and retrospective action , should the same not be done for defenders pulling shirts ?

As he put it , Forwards are branded cheats for diving , are defenders not cheating by pulling shirts ?

Personally , I think he's right.

How come Reid has completely escaped criticism for swinging a wild late challenge that got nowhere near the ball? Nothing in the rules of football says that isn't a penalty (because you don't have to make contact) but would the ref still have correctly awarded it if Carzola hadn't gone down? Just asking ...

You might have had a good point apart from the theatrics that followed, a scream, 3 rolls and the clutching of the knee if that does not constitute over exaggeration to non existent contact I don't know what does.

The bloke is an embarrassing cheat who plays in a league containing many other cheats.

They were discussing diving on Goals on Sunday yesterday and Paul Jewell made an interesting observation.

He asked if diving was being scrutinised so closely , with people calling for video evidence and retrospective action , should the same not be done for defenders pulling shirts ?

As he put it , Forwards are branded cheats for diving , are defenders not cheating by pulling shirts ?

Personally , I think he's right.

Couldn't agree more the scenes at free kicks and corners are a joke, but as with the diving it will only stop when the authorities decide to do something about it. The worst offenders I have seen all season are David Luiz and Ashley Williams.

This. There's absolutely no reason that we can't have rugby-style citings in football. If the game's governing body were really serious about eradicating this kind of cheating then it's what they'd do. Retrospective three-match bans would soon have all managers telling their players not to dive and clubs seriously fining the ones that continue to do so.

+1 with this.

How pathetic that the FA is obsessed with players 'bringing the game into disrepute' by tweeting swear words or smoking a doobie in private, but not with blatant cheating in front of thousands of fans.

Nothing brings the game into more disrepute than diving, shirt-pulling and theatrics.

Archived