IGNORED

Omg

Esmond Million's Bung

Ha!

Perhaps the meaning of life isn't the number 42?

The good news is I still make the odd gallon or 10, it's as rough as a badgers arse but after the first one, nobody gives a shit, I call it 'old spunker'.

But my local cider makers rush to clear my orchard and always leave me plenty of samples of juice, cider (the real thing) and the wonderful eau de vie.

The good news is I still make the odd gallon or 10, it's as rough as a badgers arse but after the first one, nobody gives a shit, I call it 'old spunker'.

But my local cider makers rush to clear my orchard and always leave me plenty of samples of juice, cider (the real thing) and the wonderful eau de vie.

A wonderful name!

Didn't even know the French made cider, Es. It's all Stella whenever I pop over!

Sloppy journalism from The Sun shock!

Adge Cutler did not pen I Am A Cider Drinker. That written was during the Wurzels comedy cover version era which began after he died.

indeed, but then I did attach the appropriate warning to the op, if you exercised your right to ignore that disclaimer, I cannot be blamed.

PS:- did they get his choice of preferred tipple correct?

Adge spoke fluent Spanish having lived over there for over a year so him preferring Rioja to cider is very possible. That said Mrs Robbo is Nailsea born and bred and served Adge in the Royal Oak in Nailsea many times with pints of cider when she worked behind the bar there as a teenager. They must have sold out of Rioja.

Adge spoke fluent Spanish having lived over there for over a year so him preferring Rioja to cider is very possible. That said Mrs Robbo is Nailsea born and bred and served Adge in the Royal Oak in Nailsea many times with pints of cider when she worked behind the bar there as a teenager. They must have sold out of Rioja.

The mystery deepens then, Adge was really a Rioja drinker but a cider drinker in public, makes sense, keep up the public image.

It might be true that he ..... LIKED BOTH!

Rioja at home, as pub wine is generally foul, and a pint of scrump when out down the Royal Oak with the boys.

Incidentally, I much prefer the sly country humour in the Adge era songs like Twice Daily and Don't Blame I, Blame 'Ee to the chartbusting 'chuck in any West Country cliche' stuff of the later Wurzels. Top blokes though they are....

Rioja at home, as pub wine is generally foul, and a pint of scrump when out down the Royal Oak with the boys.

Incidentally, I much prefer the sly country humour in the Adge era songs like Twice Daily and Don't Blame I, Blame 'Ee to the chartbusting 'chuck in any West Country cliche' stuff of the later Wurzels. Top blokes though they are....

of that there is no doubt Adge was a genius at what he did and a very funny man as well.

Not to mention the pick of the bunch, "Virtute et Industrial", which takes the p1ss out of Bristol something rotten, and is as true now as the day it was written. See http://brisray.com/bristol/bvirtute.htm

Well I've got the book and Adge certainly liked cider...and red wine (though not at the same time mine!). They should be selling the book in the club shop...you can get it www.bristolbooks.org

My favourite Adge song is Pill Pill I Love Thee Still....I don't even come from Pill but it brings a tear to my eye...oh and Drink Up Thy Cider when played as the boys leave the field after a home victory...let's hope we hear it again Saturday.

Archived