IGNORED

Jody Morris

NickJ

Unfortunately it's another example of the club not being honest and transparent. Like so many players before the fans are completely unaware of the players status at the club, why they were bought and why they're not playing. Other than saying they're fit but not in the team and they need to do a little more to get in contention.

Screams of the last 'experienced' player we bought, one Nicky Hunt.

Twitter is more harm than good with these so called fans and the cringe worthy named bristolcitytwitterfamily. I wont name names but there seems to be a few main advocates who seem to take great delight in abusing Morris on a daily basis, complete morons all of them.

The whole bristolcitytwitterfamily thing is embrassing

Some of the bullying going on within that group is nothing short of shameful, not sure if any of them post of here but its childish and pathetic.

As for Morris, his general attitude is disgusting on there, I had a brief read a while back and strikes me as someone far more interested in the social side of Bristol than bring fit and playing football and the less said about his past the better. McInnes himself has said he's not done enough to get in the team which screams of either lack of ability or unprofessionalism.

As a footballer, he was a terrible signing when he joined, lack of ability for this level, which is why he's been playing in Scotland for so long and league 1 before that.

Another Del waste of money.

The whole bristolcitytwitterfamily thing is embrassing

Some of the bullying going on within that group is nothing short of shameful, not sure if any of them post of here but its childish and pathetic.

As for Morris, his general attitude is disgusting on there, I had a brief read a while back and strikes me as someone far more interested in the social side of Bristol than bring fit and playing football and the less said about his past the better. McInnes himself has said he's not done enough to get in the team which screams of either lack of ability or unprofessionalism.

As a footballer, he was a terrible signing when he joined, lack of ability for this level, which is why he's been playing in Scotland for so long and league 1 before that.

Another Del waste of money.

...and lets not forget, more proof that Del has a complete lack of control within the club, and they have no respect for him

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Andy082005" data-cid="1683364" data-time="1355822311"><p>

<br />

...and lets not forget, more proof that Del has a complete lack of control within the club, and they have no respect for him</p></blockquote>

It certainly looks like that.

Consider what Del said about Morris when he signed him, how he was a great professional, his attitude was a distant memory of his former juvenile self and that he had ability and aptitude to perform & make an impact in the championship, now look at the reality of the scenario.

He has looked out of his depth, his attitude is awful & his impact as far as we can make out has only been negative, this is the one player that Del brought with him, if he's become such a zero after being his main man, then something has happened?

Its either that or the manager greatly overestimated his ability which would explain a few of our recent signings & our lowly league position.

I agree that their little party (in London so they're not "disturbed" in Bristol I assume) should have been cancelled as it sends out all the wrong messages. But it wasn't just Morris that went to London - those that attended all had a choice so have a go at them as well.

I find it hard to believe that a professional footballer would be pissed on a friday regardless of whether he's in the squad for the next day or not. Murray may have been ratarsed, you sure Morris was ? He is a wind up merchant, as is Murray..

As for "social" networking, its a misnomer - it should be anti-social networking and Morris should steer clear if he's serious about his career, or at least be more cicumspect in what he puts up. So yes, its disrespectful of him to dismiss what supporters say re his tweets and he should grow up a bit.

I agree with others that it was an odd signing and one that looks as if its backfired, but if he's fit, he should be in the team in my opinion - we could do with some guts in midfield and he couldn't possibly be any worse than any of the other gutless little darlings.

The real problem is, you would assume that we signed Morris as a footballer to actually play football and he appears actually to be nothing more than highly paid party planner, morale officer (which he has failed at) or court jester and we as fans have never once had any sort of explanation as to what is going on with regard to him and to make matters worse he seems to get a kick out of reveling in fact that he is taking us for a ride.

in short he has reverted back to the cock he once was when he thought he was a billy big bollox at Chelsea. So I don't know exactly what you expect, the fans are hurting and parties in London sort of display that the players are not hurting that much and Morris also seems to revel in the target that he has made for himself, he is taking the piss out of us.

The one thing I can't understand from fans, especially now we have Twitter, how can you think giving players abuse is a good thing?

Over the last few seasons we've had Lee Johnson, Cole Skuse, Liam Fontaine, Jody Morris, to name a few who have copped a load of stick.

Have you ever put yourselves in their shoes? What do you expect them to do, say to the manager "do you know what boss, I don't think I will play today if it's ok with you, I've not been playing well and I'm getting some stick, so I'll just watch from the stands.??

Or- " no don't go signing me on mr. McInnes, I don't think I'm good enough for the championship and I'm not worth the money you're offering"

There's only one person to blame and that's the boss, who quite rightly refuses to do Twitter.

I'm not disagreeing with that point of view at all and said much the same thing myself.

What I do disagree with is that people seem to think he's the only one taking the piss.

There are players here that have been taking the piss for years and they get away with it.

Unfortunately he is taking his amount of piss on a public social networking site and that is rubbing our noses in it, in a Harry Enfield type 'I am more wealthy than YOW" type way, he is the only person responsible for the amount of abuse he is receiving.

I can't understand why clubs don't ban players from social media, it doesn't seem to many of them any favours.

Exactly. Well almost.

If I worked for, lets say, BP, I would not be happy if my employer told me I could not go near twitter (not that I'd want to). Now, if they asked me not to mention the company in my tweets I would see that as perfectly reasonable as I am a representative for the company and its reputation.

That should be a minimal contractual obligation.

I wonder whether it is the fact that he's working away from his family, staying in a hotel, that appears to have made him revert to his old ways.

Now, when I'm working away, I spend quiet nights in my hotel, reading a book or watching DVDs. I'm guessing Jody isn't really the 'book' sort and a sesh in the bar or a full-blown night out with BCFC mates is probably his favourite boredom killer.

In his interviews done up in Scotland, he credited his wife and family for getting him focused and back on the straight-and-narrow after he pissed his Chelsea career away.

He needs to sober up and realise he is currently pissing away his last chance of playing at any sort of level in England.

Although we've seen no evidence of it, if he got himself mentally and physically fit, I believe he could do an important job for us.

But there's just no excuse for an uninjured player being not-match ready during the season. :nono:

I wonder whether it is the fact that he's working away from his family, staying in a hotel, that appears to have made him revert to his old ways.

Now, when I'm working away, I spend quiet nights in my hotel, reading a book or watching DVDs. I'm guessing Jody isn't really the 'book' sort and a sesh in the bar or a full-blown night out with BCFC mates is probably his favourite boredom killer.

In his interviews done up in Scotland, he credited his wife and family for getting him focused and back on the straight-and-narrow after he pissed his Chelsea career away.

He needs to sober up and realise he is currently pissing away his last chance of playing at any sort of level in England.

Although we've seen no evidence of it, if he got himself mentally and physically fit, I believe he could do an important job for us.

But there's just no excuse for an uninjured player being not-match ready during the season. :nono:

DM mentioned that he was injured when he was interviewed on Radio Bristol after the Derby game. I have a feeling he may well play Saturday by DM's comments.

I remember the manager saying he didn't give a monkeys about Jackie's drinking rep when he came to us "as long as he preformed on the pitch" lets hope Jody does a Jackie. :pray:

I'm not sure I'm getting it?

Can someone please explain what Morris has done wrong.

As far as I can tell, he went on a night out with the rest of his team-mates and posted a couple of pictures?

Not being a twatterer meself, I don't get to see all of his updates, so it doesn't tend to bother me.

Maybe some of you should not bother following him if his behaviour upsets you.

For me, a night out and a few photo's doesn't entitle you to dog's abuse.

Do you all want your footballers to be hermits and never go out and enjoy themselves. What a happy bunch they'd be then, eh?

Lose a game - you're not allowed out on Saturday night and must turn off your mobile device.

Win a game - you can go out, enjoy a few drinks with your team buddies, and maybe you can post a couple of pics on social media.

Draw a game - you can have a beer in the club lounge and maybe allow yourself a takeaway on the way home. 1 Tweet allowed, but not after 9pm.

Did you know that there are only 3 teams that can achieve success in this league each year. Come the end of the season, are all the players of the other 21 teams not allowed to go on holiday or leave the house until they sort themselves out and get back to pre-season training.

Seriously, get the **** over yourselves some of you.

<hunkers down> <prepped for onslaught>

Maybe if he had actually done something for his wage in the time he has been here there may be a chance fans would not be on his back, currently he must be our most expensive seat in the Williams. We know more about the xmas party than what he can do on a football pitch for us, the bloke needs to realise the club is in a shit state and the last thing the fans who care want to see is an update of him on the piss in London after another shit performance on the pitch, where he never played again.

At least he'll get stuck in if selected, which is something the rest of our so-called midfielders are shit scared of doing.

What do you base that on? A testimonial against a pitiful Rovers side?

He did nothing to suggest it in the few league games he's featured in.

While at Leeds, Brian Clough brought in John McGovern from Derby not only because of his footballing skill. But also for his eyes and ears in the dressing room. Eventually McGovern told Clough that he could not be the enforcer between management and players as he felt uncomfortable discussing personal opinions with Clough.

I believe the same thing has happened with McInnes and Dorris... sorry Morris.

At least he'll get stuck in if selected, which is something the rest of our so-called midfielders are shit scared of doing.

Ha ha! Funnily enough my first impression of him was at the Gillingham cup game, when he came across as another LJ/ Kilkenny - a bottler.

Ironic considering his hard man attitude and behaviour off the field.

Ha ha! Funnily enough my first impression of him was at the Gillingham cup game, when he came across as another LJ/ Kilkenny - a bottler.

Ironic considering his hard man attitude and behaviour off the field.

Couldn't agree more. When he has played he has been unimpressive and for the most part anonymous. Just why he is here is beyond me. And that can be said of a few others who for whatever reason "don't show enough in training" so don't get selected

But that must ok then, as we just keep paying their obscene wages for doing sweet FA.

I don't know what has happened to this club since GJ went. And even though it was time for him to move on, those who have followed have been a damn sight worse.

I really don't think the present manager has a clue and Morris typifies his poor signings. DM is completely out of his depth IMO and will take us down.

Bloody hell, always got to have a hate figure ain't we...

Does JM deserve this kind of flak when 'Captain Marvel' is almost single handidly taking us to league 1 with commitment-less & talentless performances week after week that could be construed as gross misconduct?

Of all the problems we have, there's a vitriolic thread about JM? Jeeez.

Does JM deserve this kind of flak when 'Captain Marvel' is almost single handidly taking us to league 1 with commitment-less & talentless performances week after week that could be construed as gross misconduct?

maybe JM should take fonts's advice and delete his twitter.. Yeah don't think that will happen

At least he is on the field to put in a commitment-less & talentless performance...unlike some

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jordan Tansley" data-cid="1683813" data-time="1355879419"><p>

Bloody hell, always got to have a hate figure ain't we...<br />

Does JM deserve this kind of flak when 'Captain Marvel' is almost single handidly taking us to league 1 with commitment-less & talentless performances week after week that could be construed as gross misconduct? <br />

<br />

Of all the problems we have, there's a vitriolic thread about JM? Jeeez.</p></blockquote>

Although out of form I'll put money that fonts would work a lot harder to get back into our team then what morris is doing.

Morris is a total waste of space, money and resources and the only thing he has brought back is this drinking culture that GJ did well to get rid of. He isn't no professional he's a waster

As far as I can tell, no-one on here actually knows what the position is with JM - why he isn't playing, what terms he is on, what DM wants from him etc etc. Maybe JM picked up an unfortunate knock when over-training, is performing some sort of backroom role, is on a pay-as-you-play basis - who knows? Not us.

Alternatively, it might be that DM brought JM to the club expecting that we would be in a more comfortable position in the league, but now that we are in a dog-fight he has had to reconsider throwing him into the team.

I haven't seen him play for city yet - so have no idea if he could do a job for us. Whether he uses twitter or not doesn't bother me.

As far as I can tell, no-one on here actually knows what the position is with JM - why he isn't playing, what terms he is on, what DM wants from him etc etc. Maybe JM picked up an unfortunate knock when over-training, is performing some sort of backroom role, is on a pay-as-you-play basis - who knows? Not us.

Alternatively, it might be that DM brought JM to the club expecting that we would be in a more comfortable position in the league, but now that we are in a dog-fight he has had to reconsider throwing him into the team.

I haven't seen him play for city yet - so have no idea if he could do a job for us. Whether he uses twitter or not doesn't bother me.

That may all be valid.

However, he's in the public gaze and an ounce of PR advice from the lay person would suggest his public image is taking a battering due to his own choices on social media. If he wants to share his life, why not use email, text or facebook and send his messages to his own friends, not the troll-happy wider public. My guess is his own ego WANTS others to read about him.

I'm not commenting now on JM (as I've not read any of his twitter stuff) but when you combine a public platform like twitter with a lack of intelligence, judgement or worldly-wisdom you have a box of fireworks about to go off. I give you Joey Barton.

Its maybe unfair, but that's the way it is it seems.

That may all be valid.

However, he's in the public gaze and an ounce of PR advice from the lay person would suggest his public image is taking a battering due to his own choices on social media. If he wants to share his life, why not use email, text or facebook and send his messages to his own friends, not the troll-happy wider public. My guess is his own ego WANTS others to read about him.

I'm not commenting now on JM (as I've not read any of his twitter stuff) but when you combine a public platform like twitter with a lack of intelligence, judgement or worldly-wisdom you have a box of fireworks about to go off. I give you Joey Barton.

Its maybe unfair, but that's the way it is it seems.

Accept what you're saying - but, one storming performance from JM and all would be forgiven I suspect!

Come on JT, Fontaines is DMC's problem and not Fontaines after all DMC does pick the team and not Fontaine. As far as Morris is concerned the guy is taking the piss publicly out of the fans.

and even you have to admit that there is a pretty long queue for the daily dishings of vitriol in our squad on any given day.

The problem lies fair and square with the club, they have brought this upon themselves, why aren't we being kept appraised of the situation surrounding Morris and perhaps even telling him to lay off of twitter, until he's got something positive/interesting to actually say.

Archived