IGNORED

Jody Morris

NickJ

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pete1975Legend" data-cid="1683824" data-time="1355895968"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jordan Tansley" data-cid="1683813" data-time="1355879419"><p><br />

Bloody hell, always got to have a hate figure ain't we...<br /><br />

Does JM deserve this kind of flak when 'Captain Marvel' is almost single handidly taking us to league 1 with commitment-less & talentless performances week after week that could be construed as gross misconduct? <br /><br />

<br /><br />

Of all the problems we have, there's a vitriolic thread about JM? Jeeez.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Although out of form I'll put money that fonts would work a lot harder to get back into our team then what morris is doing.<br />

<br />

Morris is a total waste of space, money and resources and the only thing he has brought back is this drinking culture that GJ did well to get rid of. He isn't no professional he's a waster</p></blockquote>

And you know this how? Earlier in the thread you were shocked that a training session was only 2 and a half hours....... Loool.

You been to many training sessions and seem Jody have you? He's posted a few pictures... What a massive**** that makes him, string him up.

The fact people think he's on anything like good money(for this level) is also laughable, as is the refusal to accept the manager telling us explicitly that he is currently injured.

Accept what you're saying - but, one storming performance from JM and all would be forgiven I suspect!

Could be.

The lack of knowledge surrounding his absence is also fuelling the fire.

Why the club don't just give a politician's message on it surprises me. "Oh he's got a niggling problem which means he can't train properly" would shut a few people up. Probably. For a bit.

Could be.

The lack of knowledge surrounding his absence is also fuelling the fire.

Why the club don't just give a politician's message on it surprises me. "Oh he's got a niggling problem which means he can't train properly" would shut a few people up. Probably. For a bit.

It seems they have. Missed that.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Esmond Million's Bung" data-cid="1683871" data-time="1355911223"><p>

<br />

Come on JT, Fontaines is DMC's problem and not Fontaines after all DMC does pick the team and not Fontaine. As far as Morris is concerned the guy is taking the piss publicly out of the fans.<br />

<br />

and even you have to admit that there is a pretty long queue for the daily dishings of vitriol in our squad on any given day.<br />

<br />

The problem lies fair and square with the club, they have brought this upon themselves, why aren't we being kept appraised of the situation surrounding Morris and perhaps even telling him to lay off of twitter, until he's got something positive/interesting to actually say.</p></blockquote>

Can't agree with the first bit Es, it might well be a huge error from DMc to play him, but that does not absolve Liam of responsibility for the disgraceful way he has played.

Its harsh how much abuse Morris is getting here! he is on a one year contract, offering experience to some of the younger lads. What's the harm in that? Have some of you not been watching some our players on the pitch recently? you know the ones... the guys who are complete shit, not interested and passionless.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Esmond Million's Bung" data-cid="1683871" data-time="1355911223"><p>

<br />

Come on JT, Fontaines is DMC's problem and not Fontaines after all DMC does pick the team and not Fontaine. As far as Morris is concerned the guy is taking the piss publicly out of the fans.<br />

<br />

and even you have to admit that there is a pretty long queue for the daily dishings of vitriol in our squad on any given day.<br />

<br />

The problem lies fair and square with the club, they have brought this upon themselves, why aren't we being kept appraised of the situation surrounding Morris and perhaps even telling him to lay off of twitter, until he's got something positive/interesting to actually say.</p></blockquote>

Can't agree with the first bit Es, it might well be a huge error from DMc to play him, but that does not absolve Liam of responsibility for the disgraceful way he has played.

OK, I can only assume DMC dosen't watch the games or the videos then, because surely he should be dropped for his own good?

I can tell you now that Morris is on roughly 15% of what Cisse was on. He certainly was a cheap option but despite that he hasn't exactly been value for money.

Look at you with your secret sauces!!

You are right though, don't know where this crap about 'he's on mega bucks' comes from...Anderson is on considerably less than any of Millen/Coppell's big signings as well...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Esmond Million's Bung" data-cid="1683917" data-time="1355918132"><p>

<br />

OK, I can only assume DMC dosen't watch the games or the videos then, because surely he should be dropped for his own good?</p></blockquote>

Like I said, it's an error on DMc's part to persist with him, but that cannot ever excuse what Faultaine has delivered on the pitch. We can question whether or not he should be on the pitch, for sure, but only one man is responsible for the performances dished out each time. That's Liam.

Accept what you're saying - but, one storming performance from JM and all would be forgiven I suspect!

I'd love to see that. I really would. He has the ability in himself - if he worked hard and showed even 50% of his early career promise - to be an excellent prospect for us.

But he's languishing and has let himself go. The fact that he's 'injured' despite not playing a game for months says it all.

Add to that his habit of posting pictures of himself on the piss [maybe his injury is a fractured wrist from over rapid lifting up of pints?!] and you get a player who fans very understandably feel short-changed by.

I'm not sure I'm getting it?

Can someone please explain what Morris has done wrong.

As far as I can tell, he went on a night out with the rest of his team-mates and posted a couple of pictures?

Not being a twatterer meself, I don't get to see all of his updates, so it doesn't tend to bother me.

Maybe some of you should not bother following him if his behaviour upsets you.

For me, a night out and a few photo's doesn't entitle you to dog's abuse.

Do you all want your footballers to be hermits and never go out and enjoy themselves. What a happy bunch they'd be then, eh?

Lose a game - you're not allowed out on Saturday night and must turn off your mobile device.

Win a game - you can go out, enjoy a few drinks with your team buddies, and maybe you can post a couple of pics on social media.

Draw a game - you can have a beer in the club lounge and maybe allow yourself a takeaway on the way home. 1 Tweet allowed, but not after 9pm.

Did you know that there are only 3 teams that can achieve success in this league each year. Come the end of the season, are all the players of the other 21 teams not allowed to go on holiday or leave the house until they sort themselves out and get back to pre-season training.

Seriously, get the **** over yourselves some of you.

<hunkers down> <prepped for onslaught>

You are, of course, right.

That may all be valid.

However, he's in the public gaze and an ounce of PR advice from the lay person would suggest his public image is taking a battering due to his own choices on social media. If he wants to share his life, why not use email, text or facebook and send his messages to his own friends, not the troll-happy wider public. My guess is his own ego WANTS others to read about him.

I'm not commenting now on JM (as I've not read any of his twitter stuff) but when you combine a public platform like twitter with a lack of intelligence, judgement or worldly-wisdom you have a box of fireworks about to go off. I give you Joey Barton.

Its maybe unfair, but that's the way it is it seems.

Barton's probably a bad example, can hardly call him unintelligent. Learnt how to speak French in a matter of weeks...

McInnes said that nobody that's not playing at the moment is haemorrhaging money from the club like in previous times. I don't buy that to be honest, I'm sure he's on more a week than some of the people that have been made redundant at the club recently.

I don't follow Morris on twitter or Instagram but have seen some of his pics and tweets and think the bloke comes across as a clown, blokes got form for being an end anyway. I thought we'd done away with jobs for the boys and the drinking culture at the club, he's proof that neither has disappeared. I agree the players deserve to let their hair down, maybe at the end of the season when they've kept is in the Championship might be a better time because at the moment I don't feel they're deserving.

I'm not sure I'm getting it?

Can someone please explain what Morris has done wrong.

As far as I can tell, he went on a night out with the rest of his team-mates and posted a couple of pictures?

Not being a twatterer meself, I don't get to see all of his updates, so it doesn't tend to bother me.

Maybe some of you should not bother following him if his behaviour upsets you.

For me, a night out and a few photo's doesn't entitle you to dog's abuse.

Do you all want your footballers to be hermits and never go out and enjoy themselves. What a happy bunch they'd be then, eh?

Lose a game - you're not allowed out on Saturday night and must turn off your mobile device.

Win a game - you can go out, enjoy a few drinks with your team buddies, and maybe you can post a couple of pics on social media.

Draw a game - you can have a beer in the club lounge and maybe allow yourself a takeaway on the way home. 1 Tweet allowed, but not after 9pm.

Did you know that there are only 3 teams that can achieve success in this league each year. Come the end of the season, are all the players of the other 21 teams not allowed to go on holiday or leave the house until they sort themselves out and get back to pre-season training.

Seriously, get the **** over yourselves some of you.

<hunkers down> <prepped for onslaught>

+1. Thought as well he was brought in as a bit part player who was learning the ropes to become part of the coaching setup?

+1. Thought as well he was brought in as a bit part player who was learning the ropes to become part of the coaching setup?

So why not sign as a coach. And why not be at the training ground planning schedules way before the players get into training.. nah. Too much like hard work.

Maybe he has that ailment called 'sticky mattress' ;) Anyway to the rest, welcome to the information age where we all take a bow to the Social Media outlets.

:)

In all fairness, I know he isn't getting in early and doing what any expectant coach would do. He is in doing what the players do. So if he is here to become a coach, he isn't that dedicated, or a self starter... Does make you question his commitment to coaching.

:)

In all fairness, I know he isn't getting in early and doing what any expectant coach would do. He is in doing what the players do. So if he is here to become a coach, he isn't that dedicated, or a self starter... Does make you question his commitment to coaching.

It does tbh but then I suppose he's another City player (?) who is on good wages living on easy street, it's a long list. Since when does training start at 2 on the afternoon btw? Thats what he said on twitter, always thought they started in the morning.

It does tbh but then I suppose he's another City player (?) who is on good wages living on easy street, it's a long list. Since when does training start at 2 on the afternoon btw? Thats what he said on twitter, always thought they started in the morning.
Training starts at various times, dependant on what the session is. One thing is for certain, they don't work many hours a week for the money. I don't count visiting businesses schools hospitals as work.

Training starts at various times, dependant on what the session is. One thing is for certain, they don't work many hours a week for the money. I don't count visiting businesses schools hospitals as work.

Probably to the modern day footballer could be deemed as the equivalent of 'Community Service'. Although watching Sky Sports News and seeing that segment where a young kid who had previously suffered a serious illness got the chance to meet their heroes like Gareth Bale or Joe Hart, get to be part of that club for a day was a nice touch and shows that footballers do have some humanity about them.

Probably to the modern day footballer could be deemed as the equivalent of 'Community Service'. Although watching Sky Sports News and seeing that segment where a young kid who had previously suffered a serious illness got the chance to meet their heroes like Gareth Bale or Joe Hart, get to be part of that club for a day was a nice touch and shows that footballers do have some humanity about them.

Aye, just wonder if they would do it if they were not contracted to do it. Some , not all would.

Either way, its not work, its turning up somewhere on company time.

Archived