IGNORED

Clear Out

westonred

Perhaps it is time for Skuse to move on.

Where did this supposed interest from Palace and Forest come from?

They sound like the sort of rumours that only surface when a player is in contract negotiations.

I'd love to see a concrete bid for Skuse to see if he really is rated elsewhere.

Skuse will get interest either in January or the summer from other Championship clubs, no problem.

He'd of left at the end of last season if we'd gone down. He's Championship standard IMO, does the simple things right and has a good engine and great pace.

I haven't heard Robbored's rumour but it would come as no surprise to me if he moves on. His form here has been patchy but he still has all the assets to be an accomplished player at this level.

In Dels interview he hints at clearing a lot of players out to bring in new faces

Well here you are Del, heres the list of players we can let go asap

Foster

J wilson

M wilson

Louis Carey

Nyatanga

Killkenny

Pitman

Fontaine

Woolford

Morris

Elliott

Yes it might be brutal but it needs to be done none of these players bring anything to BCFC anymore

Spot on... and add Skuse to the list if he holds out for more than the reputed 10k a week he is on now.

Add Skuse to that list.

Skuse is one of the few players we could sell for real money and not have to pay off/loan out until his contract expires.

Picking up players on a free is becoming a trend in League 1 and that is where alot of players belong playing the way they are at the moment.

I'm not a critic of Skuse's but it wouldn't harm his career to move on and no one would see him as 'jumping ship' in reality we need to sell who we can in order for McInnes and/or successor to build a team capable of stepping forward

Skuse will get interest either in January or the summer from other Championship clubs, no problem.

He'd of left at the end of last season if we'd gone down. He's Championship standard IMO, does the simple things right and has a good engine and great pace.

I haven't heard Robbored's rumour but it would come as no surprise to me if he moves on. His form here has been patchy but he still has all the assets to be an accomplished player at this level.

Well that's good then - for my part although I think he is a good player, and occasionally is very good, he has not fulfilled his potential and does not perform to the level you'd expect of such an experienced player at this level often enough.

He plays well when the team plays well but he will rarely positively affect the game if we're struggling.

You say his form is patchy and that perhaps says it all - it's been that way for years.

Good luck to him if these clubs really are interested, no doubt a change of club would do him good.

By the way, where was he heading if we'd gone down last season? I've never heard of any serious interest in him.

Well that's good then - for my part although I think he is a good player, and occasionally is very good, he has not fulfilled his potential and does not perform to the level you'd expect of such an experienced player at this level often enough.

He plays well when the team plays well but he will rarely positively affect the game if we're struggling.

You say his form is patchy and that perhaps says it all - it's been that way for years.

Good luck to him if these clubs really are interested, no doubt a change of club would do him good.

By the way, where was he heading if we'd gone down last season? I've never heard of any serious interest in him.

I agree his contribution at times is not good enough, but I do think it's a mitigating circumstance that he has been playing in a completely shit team for two years or more. His confidence must be as low as anyones in the squad being a local lad desperate to succeed here, watching the club spunk big money on players that just don't care. That said he really raised his game at the end of last season in helping us to survive and even scoring a couple of goals in the process.

It is my strong belief that he would of moved on at the end of last season had we gone down. I believe that because I think he is better than League One and because of something I heard at the end of last season, also, from an 'impeccable source' :tomato:

Time will tell I guess but like I say, no surprise to me if he leaves for another C'ship club - even ones near the top of the table. Heck, if Robbo is right he could be in a Premier League squad next season.

I appreciate it was years ago but Cole was watched by Man U, Everton and Spurs amongst others not long before he broke into the City team under Tinnion.

Great pace?! He's fast-ish when he gets going but it very one paced.

In Dels interview he hints at clearing a lot of players out to bring in new faces

Well here you are Del, heres the list of players we can let go asap

Foster

J wilson

M wilson

Louis Carey

Nyatanga

Killkenny

Pitman

Fontaine

Woolford

Morris

Elliott

Yes it might be brutal but it needs to be done none of these players bring anything to BCFC anymore

Can't really argue with this list, my only exception would be Woolford, who I think can go on to be a great player for us, plus I think his game will improve now Cunningham is back

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Alex_BCFC" data-cid="1683196" data-time="1355776167"><p>

I would clear out for definate: Foster, M. Wilson, Fontaine, Nytanga, Stead, Pearson, Morris and Elliott.<br />

<br />

Players we must keep: Davies, Danns Cunningham, Albert and Baldock.<br />

<br />

Not that bothered about the rest but you can't clear them all out.</p></blockquote>

I have a bad feeling that we will just end up selling one of our better players such as Adomah etc instead of the shite that we need to get rid of.

the players that will attract the most interest will be our better players. we vastly overpay the poorer ones and thus will struggle to find buyers.

see contract terminations of lee johnson, nicky hunt, damien stewart etc, as no buyer could be found so we had to literally pay them to leave

Pitman's gone in all but details, but other than that I don't think we'd receive an acceptable (to the club or the player) offer for any of our squad other than Albert and Baldock - and maybe Davies.

Even with a new manager, I wouldn't imagine many of the side departing in January apart from various loan players. The very expensive "tear up his contract" option, I can imagine might only be exercised on Morris. (By this hypothetical new manager, not by Del, they are mates)

I'd like to see how some of the flops mentioned in other posts perform under the new manager, who I'm confident the club will bring in early 2013.

Then we can start a more informed list of deadwood to go in the close season.

Pitman's gone in all but details, but other than that I don't think we'd receive an acceptable (to the club or the player) offer for any of our squad other than Albert and Baldock - and maybe Davies.

Even with a new manager, I wouldn't imagine many of the side departing in January apart from various loan players. The very expensive "tear up his contract" option, I can imagine might only be exercised on Morris. (By this hypothetical new manager, not by Del, they are mates)

I'd like to see how some of the flops mentioned in other posts perform under the new manager, who I'm confident the club will bring in early 2013.

Then we can start a more informed list of deadwood to go in the close season.

Any player who suspiciously suddenly found their best form under a new manager is definitely one who needs to go at the end of the season.

Players who perform when they want to, and equally stop performing when they feel like it, have been the bane of this club for years.

They are the one's you can be quite sure will do exactly the same again in the future, and a number are serial offenders already.

Their form should have nothing to do with who is manager - they should be putting maximum effort in for the shirt and the fans at all times.

Why don't we just put pitman up front,Carey at the back with Gerken and the useless 8 stood on the goal line launching any balls that come near them(similar to now really) over the half way line!seriously thou,is this the worse footy we have had in a long time?i have watched city for 44 years,never scored many but never let in many.But today's team,Jesus,never seen defending game to game as bad.Manager,tactics or poor players out of their depth?I think all 3.if we drop a league you can wave goodbye to the championship forc10 years-at least!

Really, we only need a decent centre back, decent midfielder and a decent right back.

Sell Killkenny - buy a decent CM

Sell Tangs or J.Wilson - buy a decent CB

M.Wilson's contract will be up - buy a decent RB.

Getting rid of any other player will just be a bonus.

Sell? Sell? HA. None of our players are worth anything on the open market. Unless you're thinking of liberating some internal organs they might not need and selling them on the internet. Then you have a point.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Prestbury c of c" data-cid="1683668" data-time="1355858285"><p>

Why don't we just put pitman up front,Carey at the back with Gerken and the useless 8 stood on the goal line launching any balls that come near them(similar to now really) over the half way line!seriously thou,is this the worse footy we have had in a long time?i have watched city for 44 years,never scored many but never let in many.But today's team,Jesus,never seen defending game to game as bad.Manager,tactics or poor players out of their depth?I think all 3.if we drop a league you can wave goodbye to the championship forc10 years-at least!</p></blockquote>

I have to agree. I haven't been watching city quite as long as you, but this has to rank up there with some of the worst football I have seen us play.

I really like Del and want him to succeed but we just can't keep going on like we are right now. I can't see a better manager wanting to come in though!

Think the op is near enough spot on. I agree that stead could be going too. Of that list I just can't see many saleable assets. Out of all of them, I do think killa would be the only one who may leave and be better somewhere else, leaving us wondering how he could 've so poor for us. The rest I can't see pulling up any trees anywhere else. That's the sorry state of our squad - too many players who just aren't good enough championship players.

Archived