IGNORED

Clear Out

westonred

How bad is that. He can only play well if Cunninghams behind him. Doesn't say much for Woolford does it.

No, but on the other hand there's nothing unreasonable about requiring a Championship standard left back behind him to show his best form - no doubt he had one at S****horpe where we know he was a much more effective player.

Just like for City at the start of this season Woolford was a regular scorer for S****horpe, and in our present position that's a potential boost to the team that Del would be foolish to simply dismiss without giving him another run alongside Cunningham.

Im sorry is bollix, if players arent motivated correctly by one management style or bemused by tactics or fitness training or whatever then that is a manager/coaching issue. If someone else comes in and does better in terms of geeing them up etc then that is not the fault of the player

It is certainly the fault of the players if they have let their standards slip but could raise their game for a new manager - they should have pride in their performance and put the maximum in for the shirt and the fans at all times.

Stop making excuses for them.

In Dels interview he hints at clearing a lot of players out to bring in new faces

Well here you are Del, heres the list of players we can let go asap

Foster

J wilson

M wilson

Louis Carey

Nyatanga

Killkenny

Pitman

Fontaine

Woolford

Morris

Elliott

Yes it might be brutal but it needs to be done none of these players bring anything to BCFC anymore

Almost a Yeovil Town Starting XI ??

What excuses?

If you arent motivated, arent sure of what you are supposed to be doing, things arent going your way or you are demotivated or demoralised by atmosphere, results c.20k fans getting irate that things arent going your way,and so on then standards wont be as high, and certainly not as high as demanded of them by fans who, demand everything be 110 percent all of the time, irrespective

Basically there are a myriad of factors relating to poor performance, some of it IS coaching and management and there are certainly loads of other reasons as to why performances dont match people's expectations realistic or otherwise.

Ergo what you said orginally was bull

No, you absolving the players of any personal responsibility to play to their utmost for the shirt and the fans is the bull Ralph.

It is certainly the fault of the players if they have let their standards slip but could raise their game for a new manager - they should have pride in their performance and put the maximum in for the shirt and the fans at all times.

Stop making excuses for them.

Exactly this. They dug in and put in some decent performances to keep us up last season. We have a few new faces, but those that were featuring in the team last season have not performed this season.

I think DM has made some good signings and some average ones, how much of the underperformance you can put on the manager i don't know, but im guessing not much. The stick he gets for tinkering with formation probably comes the constant failings of the selected 11. Im sure he is not instructing them beyond their abilities, they fail so he tries another way to get the best out of a bad bunch.

To much emphasis on bad results and performances being put on the management team IMO. Players need to buck up their ideas if they still want careers at this level.

We need more than 3 players. I would say we need a whole new back four! 2 midfielders and another keeper. Seriously need a big clear out, and if that means relegation then so be it. I can't see this lot getting us out of this mess

Argh, half of my response has been eaten by forum/system gremlins, basically though, Im not absolving the players of blame, Im saying that there are a myriad of factors as to why they are not performing at levels people expect

In other news, the manager must be at fault at some of it for it is he who gives the team tactical guidance and trains and prepares them along with his coaches.

For example do we have a Sports psychologist at the moment, or are we just leaving the players to get motivated by the management. People have made the suggestion that the players MUST. MUST motivate themselves by themselves. You try it when you have 15-20k fans criticising your every move once or twice a week, Id gather it's hard work, and requires more than just a bit of fortitude in order to maintain on a consistent basis. Is it any wonder that their are higher than proportionate instances of alcoholism in the game and also depression. Yeah if things are going wrong, blame the players for everything, as it is always and will always be their fault and not the guys or gals who set them up on the pitch and train them as well

That's not a problem any of players will have.

Argh, half of my response has been eaten by forum/system gremlins, basically though, Im not absolving the players of blame, Im saying that there are a myriad of factors as to why they are not performing at levels people expect

In other news, the manager must be at fault at some of it for it is he who gives the team tactical guidance and trains and prepares them along with his coaches.

For example do we have a Sports psychologist at the moment, or are we just leaving the players to get motivated by the management. People have made the suggestion that the players MUST. MUST motivate themselves by themselves. You try it when you have 15-20k fans criticising your every move once or twice a week, Id gather it's hard work, and requires more than just a bit of fortitude in order to maintain on a consistent basis. Is it any wonder that their are higher than proportionate instances of alcoholism in the game and also depression. Yeah if things are going wrong, blame the players for everything, as it is always and will always be their fault and not the guys or gals who set them up on the pitch and train them as well

I have to say, I totally agree with Ralphy here. Players aren't deliberately playing badly to spite the crowd or the manager. Most of them have played well elsewhere - and will play well for other sides in the future. Many have been good for us, but just lost form.

With one notable exception, I think as professional sportsman, imbued with a will to win from an early age, they are probably as disappointed with this season as anyone sat in the stands. After all, even if they want to leave the club ASAP, they still want to put in good performances to attract scouts and to up their money worth.

If you have a club that is mismanaged; players put in wrong positions; failure rewarded, success penalised; lack of coherent coaching; the worst player of the season as your utterly uninspiring captain - then confidence drops and performances become confused, inconsistent, error strewn.

If, as Nogbad seems to suggest, we need to offload everyone who hasn't been playing as well as he could do, then we'd have a squad consisting of Davies; Reid; Bryan; Carey; Gerken and no-one else!

I have to say, I totally agree with Ralphy here. Players aren't deliberately playing badly to spite the crowd or the manager. Most of them have played well elsewhere - and will play well for other sides in the future. Many have been good for us, but just lost form.

With one notable exception, I think as professional sportsman, imbued with a will to win from an early age, they are probably as disappointed with this season as anyone sat in the stands. After all, even if they want to leave the club ASAP, they still want to put in good performances to attract scouts and to up their money worth.

If you have a club that is mismanaged; players put in wrong positions; failure rewarded, success penalised; lack of coherent coaching; the worst player of the season as your utterly uninspiring captain - then confidence drops and performances become confused, inconsistent, error strewn.

If, as Nogbad seems to suggest, we need to offload everyone who hasn't been playing as well as he could do, then we'd have a squad consisting of Davies; Reid; Bryan; Carey; Gerken and no-one else!

Not sure I said exactly that Robbo, but anyway....

You seem to be saying it's all the manager's fault and no blame for abject performances should lie with the players?

If they can play better under a new manager then they could do it now if they were determined enough - there is a level of performance that professional footballers should never fall below. Personal and professional pride - as well as an obligation to the supporters and the club - should ensure that, yet we see players who have reached a personal and collective nadir not just once, but under a series of managers.

Yet they can suddenly find renewed vigour and form for yet another a new manager - how can you support this? You must be the sort of fan these slackers dream about - exactly the sort of attitude that maintains them ever more snug in their comfort zone.

They will never carry the can apparently, not even when the same thing happens yet again in the future.

Oh, and Albert should not only be on your list of exceptions, but very much at the forefront of it.

In Dels interview he hints at clearing a lot of players out to bring in new faces

Well here you are Del, heres the list of players we can let go asap

Foster

J wilson

M wilson

Louis Carey

Nyatanga

Killkenny

Pitman

Fontaine

Woolford

Morris

Elliott

Yes it might be brutal but it needs to be done none of these players bring anything to BCFC anymore

I would add Skuse to that list as well. King Marv has to go as well :( gutted tbh since he has been at the club he has been one of my favourite City players, injury has done him. (Thanks Johnno you clown)

Archived