IGNORED

Now That Ward Is The Sags New Manager, Is It....

CiderSomerset

In my time watching City, IMHO, there have been three fantastic managers, Dicks, Jordan and Johnson. But even they ended up as fallen heroes whose time was up (with maybe the exception of Jordan). Ward was average, took up Jordan's team then struggled and has done ever since.

I've never met him, so have no idea if he is the jolly good egg that seems to be the consensus, but I'm afraid even if he is the nicest man ever to grace a managers bench, I hope he takes them down,

Good for you. Suggest you give the Zenit forums a miss though.

Having met John a few times I can confirm he is a very nice bloke, however he is very poorly dressed, looks like a coach driver and is a bit of throwback, all in all he will fit in well up there!........

.......oh & remember what they say; "nice guys finish last", well here's hoping!

so funny.....but very true

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ten minutes of rough" data-cid="1683361" data-time="1355821883"><p>

This is a typical dumb ass reply from a so called football fan JW is a gent and did a good job for us, what do you want to do with him now? Grow up and get out more from the confines of Bristol

would be a start...........</p></blockquote>

I agree with this - there seems to a contingent of City fans who are in arrested development and stuck in some kind of arrogant bullying Bristolian mindset.

Grow up indeed - it's a big world out there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ten minutes of rough" data-cid="1683698" data-time="1355863687"><p>

<br />

I know idiots are attached to every football club, the ones that are sheep and follow the example of the other idiots by using rhetoric such as this

just to try and seem as they 'real' City fans

when will they realise that the rest of us view

them as not yet evolved in some way?<br />

What on Earth can be gained from this, except

make us look like Footballs home for complete

and utter immature half wits?<br />

reading some of the comments on here makes

me feel ashamed I am Bristolian, and a true City

fan that would never, no matter what team.

chant that a son's mother is a Whore.<br />

Perhaps I am being harsh and in the main we

are dealing with silly teenagers, for it would be

hard to imagine an adult to post such immature

rubbish, I hope so. </p></blockquote>

I agree with this - we do seem to have a moronic contingent who believe football is all about hate. The truth is their immature aggressive posts highlight their insecurities and inadequacies...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ten minutes of rough" data-cid="1683698" data-time="1355863687"><p>

<br />

I know idiots are attached to every football club, the ones that are sheep and follow the example of the other idiots by using rhetoric such as this

just to try and seem as they 'real' City fans

when will they realise that the rest of us view

them as not yet evolved in some way?<br />

What on Earth can be gained from this, except

make us look like Footballs home for complete

and utter immature half wits?<br />

reading some of the comments on here makes

me feel ashamed I am Bristolian, and a true City

fan that would never, no matter what team.

chant that a son's mother is a Whore.<br />

Perhaps I am being harsh and in the main we

are dealing with silly teenagers, for it would be

hard to imagine an adult to post such immature

rubbish, I hope so. </p></blockquote>

I agree with this - we do seem to have a moronic contingent who believe football is all about hate. The truth is their immature aggressive posts highlight their insecurities and inadequacies...

What rubbish - it's quite simple, we don't like Rovers so hope Ward fails miserably and takes them ignominiously into the Conference.

Nothing moronic or reprehensible about that.

I have asolutely no problem with John Ward. I remember him coming in the away end at some god foresaken Northern hovel and spending a bit of time with our supporters, a genuinely nice guy.

While he's a nice chap, I would draw the line at wishing him well in BS7, it's the gas after all.

No political correctness from this City fan, I do NOT want him to keep them up. I do think people have forgotten who our rivals are to be honest, wishing success to the r***rs? What's that about?

Rivals? In what way,not in a footballing sense, but maybe in a notion that they are a club that support another Bristol team, but all this petty rivalry is something that I left in the playground, there is just no reason for it,

Sure I appreciate football is tribal to a certain extent, but Bristol football is currently struggling and I can't help but think that this sort of mentality is holding Bristol back as the rest of the Country view us as a load of pi££ed up Cider louts.

.Football is a business that can attract huge investment, and investors need to see some potential, not petty individuals that spout hate.... sooo 1980's move on...please.

The fact they have 'Bristol' in their name would suggest they are local rivals WTGR. I won't get in to a slanging match as I am too long in the tooth for that but I wish them a merry Xmas and nothing but bad luck thereafter.

The very name of this forum would suggest no lack of people with the same feeling as me, I want them to go down, simples.

My main worry is our boys and maybe it's a generation thing but there is a peverse enjoyment in winding friends up on a Saturday night when they lose.

I have asolutely no problem with John Ward. I remember him coming in the away end at some god foresaken Northern hovel and spending a bit of time with our supporters, a genuinely nice guy.

While he's a nice chap, I would draw the line at wishing him well in BS7, it's the gas after all.

No political correctness from this City fan, I do NOT want him to keep them up. I do think people have forgotten who our rivals are to be honest, wishing success to the r***rs? What's that about?

I remember that game it was Bury away I think we won 1-0.

Rivals? In what way,not in a footballing sense, but maybe in a notion that they are a club that support another Bristol team, but all this petty rivalry is something that I left in the playground, there is just no reason for it,

Sure I appreciate football is tribal to a certain extent, but Bristol football is currently struggling and I can't help but think that this sort of mentality is holding Bristol back as the rest of the Country view us as a load of pi££ed up Cider louts.

.Football is a business that can attract huge investment, and investors need to see some potential, not petty individuals that spout hate.... sooo 1980's move on...please.

I have now read it all, completely lost for words.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cider red" data-cid="1683883" data-time="1355913557"><p>

The chant is only banter...im sure ward wont lose any sleep over it.</p></blockquote>

Chanting that someone's mother is a whore is banter?

It's more than likely that the hateful posters on this forum would not construe this as banter if it was directed at them. Bullies and thugs are hypocrites who can only dish it out but never take it.

No wonder there are players and investors who give us a wide berth - when we have a contingent of unintelligent alcoholics as fans (?) who have nothing but hate in their souls...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cider red" data-cid="1683883" data-time="1355913557"><p>

The chant is only banter...im sure ward wont lose any sleep over it.</p></blockquote>

Chanting that someone's mother is a whore is banter?

It's more than likely that the hateful posters on this forum would not construe this as banter if it was directed at them. Bullies and thugs are hypocrites who can only dish it out but never take it.

No wonder there are players and investors who give us a wide berth - when we have a contingent of unintelligent alcoholics as fans (?) who have nothing but hate in their souls...

Of course, I suppose Cardiff have the best behaved supporters in Britain eh? That is why that have received massive investment over the last few years?

It sounds like going to Ashton Gate must be a really nasty experience for you?

Of course, I suppose Cardiff have the best

behaved supporters in Britain eh? That is why

that have received massive investment over the

last few years?

It sounds like going to Ashton Gate must be a

really nasty experience for you?

I enjoy AG - have done for years... The only bad experiences are via the minority of morons who think they own the ground (the same people who think only their opinions count)

Can people stop biting to this mug now?

The sooner people ignore 'it' the sooner it'll get bored and log off, pour itself a lentil soup and watch a chick flick that makes it all gooey inside.

Oh dear - it appears we have a sexist throwback in our midst. A regressive soul who thinks their dictat is all. You expose your bullying behaviour in every sentence.

I suggest the football club you should be following is Zenit St Petersburg - as they appear to fulfil your brief...

How could that possibly be construed as sexist, I've specifically avoided labelling you either sex.

Bollocks, now I'm biting too.

Just get sky sports and watch from the comfort of your own home, you can feed your superiority complex by refusing to feed your array of cats until they dance or something...

I will say this for redeye, I, too, don't think that chanting that someone's mother is a whore is 'banter'.

It crosses the threshold as far as I'm concerned and I'd not want it directed at even the game's biggest villain.

Attack the man himself, by all means, but leave family out of it.

In terms of the Gas, no point directing abuse at them. Their own supporters seem to be doing that fine for themselves.

I will say this for redeye, I, too, don't think that chanting that someone's mother is a whore is 'banter'.

It crosses the threshold as far as I'm concerned and I'd not want it directed at even the game's biggest villain.

Attack the man himself, by all means, but leave family out of it.

In terms of the Gas, no point directing abuse at them. Their own supporters seem to be doing that fine for themselves.

This.

It crosses the threshold as far as I'm concerned

and I'd not want it directed at even the game's

biggest villain.

Attack the man himself, by all means, but leave

family out of it.

In terms of the Gas, no point directing abuse at

them. Their own supporters seem to be doing

that fine for themselves.

Thanks RR - I'm all for banter - but there is that line. The same goes for the attacks on Del and players. By all means critique performances - but some of what I read on here is pure hatred.

This makes me question the emotional stability of those posters that post such hate...

Thanks RR - I'm all for banter - but there is that line. The same goes for the attacks on Del and players. By all means critique performances - but some of what I read on here is pure hatred.

This makes me question the emotional stability of those posters that post such hate...

Lets ban singing altogther, and alcohol, and everyone must only clap if theres a goal, and both sets of fans should clap when either teams score in show of appreciation.

After the game the two sets of fans should mingle and share a mug or two of coco before wishing eachother a safe trip home.

What type of banter to you condone? I can drink more fanta than you?

Lets ban singing altogther, and alcohol, and everyone must only clap if theres a goal, and both sets of fans should clap when either teams score in show of appreciation.

After the game the two sets of fans should

mingle and share a mug or two of coco before

wishing eachother a safe trip home.

What type of banter to you condone? I can drink

more fanta than you?

How refreshing that would be... ...and civilised.

Archived