IGNORED

Sean O Driscoll..

CiderArmyy

He has plenty to prove in this league, keeping someone in this division is a weird yardstick to call 'success'. Surely that would be pushing on, rather than just fighting to survive, which he hasnt managed yet. Ergo he has plenty to prove. As already mentioned 1 win in 19 with Donny and then one win from 7 iirc the following season

I think people's memories are tarnished by the 5-2 spanking we got 3 months shy of 3 years ago, and are basing it on that rather than on the field success.

Getting the best out of teams or at least better of teams in league one is his forte, this league, has done de nada in the grand scheme of things

Depends on the team you're keeping up. I'm not particularly focussed on the 5-2 at all. More the ability to get a poor team to survive far longer than should have been possible. Success is obviously relative to the club you're managing.

I see there is some clamour for O Driscoll to be boss in the wake of his sacking at Forest. I will go with a no.

Even with his career best of around a 38% win percentage this season, it is after spending a fortune, plenty of players, 11 iirc etc etc

SOD has never 'impressed' results wise in this league on a long term basis , clearly everyone has forgotten the 1 win in 19 with Donny, amongst other highlights in this league. He was Crawley Town Boss in League One before Forest 'poached' him, and League One is probably his level.

That's just the way I see it however

I see there is some clamour for O Driscoll to be boss in the wake of his sacking at Forest. I will go with a no.

Even with his career best of around a 38% win percentage this season, it is after spending a fortune, plenty of players, 11 iirc etc etc

SOD has never 'impressed' results wise in this league on a long term basis , clearly everyone has forgotten the 1 win in 19 with Donny, amongst other highlights in this league. He was Crawley Town Boss in League One before Forest 'poached' him, and League One is probably his level.

That's just the way I see it however

Compared to McInnes 27% win rate?

O'driscoll is well proven at this level, Especially compared to the McInnes, even Millen has a better record than this idiot

Big fan of SOD, have been since he was at B'muff. He plays a brand of football I'd want to watch at AG... He might not be the man to lead us to the Prem, or to challenge at the top, but he'd have us safe, playing good stuff and I'd be content with that.

Currently we have a manager who doesn't know his own philosophies, has no footballing principles. Pragmatism is sometimes a good trait, but god does this club need a common consistent footballing direction.

No manager will keep us up, with this shower, a piss poor defence led by one of our worst ever defenders, a lightweight midfield...Alex Ferguson couldnt get this team working.

Dropping into League 1 wont help, the shit players will stay, the good ones will bail out, so no benefit there.

Shaun O Driscoll wont save us, and he would have been my 2nd choice behind Dave Jones, who has had a mare this season..you can never predict whats gonna happen in ths game..

O'Driscoll was my first choice when McInnes was appointed.

I was happy with McInnes, although that was at least in part due to my lack of enthusiasm toward Robbins, but if O'Driscoll were interested I think it is, unfortunately, something the board would have to consider.

I'm torn on this. I don't necessarily want McInnes out but I do think now is the time for the club to make a decision to back him or sack him. I'd be gutted if, two months down the road, we fire McInnes and SOD has already joined another club.

same here. I'm definitely in the Del camp, but...

great shame the game was off yesterday as I think that would have gone some way to clarifying peoples thoughts on the del situation. if we were to get shot of del, and i don't believe we should, then I would be quite happy with SOD. still think d. needs more time however.

Archived