IGNORED

Points Needed For Survival

Alex_BCFC

At the current rate we will need 47 to finish above Sheffield Wednesday but in reality we may need 50...

That would mean 1.27 points per game.

Over the last 8 games, we sit 12th in the form table and if we replicated that until the end of the season, we will finish on 52 points.

I'm hoping a few others can be dragged in like Charlton and Huddersfield who have collapsed of late. Can't see Birmingham being down there for too much longer but you never know.

I'm still positive that Del is slowly turning it around and with Cunningham/Skuse/Anderson all involved, and a centre back brought in soon, we can get out if it.

At the current rate we will need 47 to finish above Sheffield Wednesday but in reality we may need 50...

Over the last 8 games, we sit 12th in the form table and if we replicated that until the end of the season, we will finish on 52 points.

I'm hoping a few others can be dragged in like Charlton and Huddersfield who have collapsed of late. Can't see Birmingham being down there for too much longer but you never know.

I'm still positive that Del is slowly turning it around and with Cunningham/Skuse/Anderson all involved, and a centre back brought in soon, we can get out if it.

We have had some easier fixtures this month. Next month is a much tougher looking month.

I though Bates and McManus looked strong yesterday and if they can both stay fit and with having Cunningham and Skuse also fit there's a chance the defense could be tighter. Plus Anderson is now looking like he's a decent addition to the squad things could look up.

I hope McInnes sticks with the same formation as yesterday at Millwall on Tuesday. Chopping and changing formations home and away doesn't help consistency. He puts too much emphasis on worrying about the opposition imo. Let them worry about us............

Interesting to know! Last 8 reads: W3:D2:L3 = 11/24 points which is just under 1.5 points per game which isn't SO bad.

Looking at the 'mini league' Del talks about, we've beaten S Wed and P'Boro and drew with Ipswich, only losing to Derby (who aren't in it) in our last four.

Doesn't make for such bad reading, I guess (just don't look at the table!)

Next 8 looks tough though:

Millwall (A)

Leicester (H)

Leeds (A)

Ipswich (H)

Blackburn (A)

Forest (H)

Cardiff (A)

Palace (A)

Ouch! I'm struggling to find more than 7 points from that lot!

Have to win those home games. 5 of the toughest away games .

The points recorded by relegated teams since City returned to the Champs.

07-08 Colchester 38, Scunny 46, Leics 52.

08-09; Charlton 39, Soton 45, Norwich 46.

09-10; P'boro' 34, Plymouth 41, Weds 47.

10-11; Scunny, Sheff U & PNE all on 42

11-12; Donny 36, Cov + Pompey 40. If Pompey had not had 10 deducted, then it would have been Barnsley down with 48.

Being positive;

Ipswich fans reckon they wwere glad of the draw with City as "Bristol could have been out of sight after half an hour". So they won't be too keen coming here.

Palace & Cardiff will both have in their minds that City hit four past them earlier this season.

Leeds - they're going well and City are struggling. Just like the build up to that cup game in 73/74.

Millwalll are so inconsistent - who knows?

If the Sheff W player who was booked twice yesterday receives a retrospective red and suspension; that's a rival's team weakened.

Being positive;

Ipswich fans reckon they wwere glad of the draw with City as "Bristol could have been out of sight after half an hour". So they won't be too keen coming here.

Palace & Cardiff will both have in their minds that City hit four past them earlier this season.

Leeds - they're going well and City are struggling. Just like the build up to that cup game in 73/74.

Millwalll are so inconsistent - who knows?

If the Sheff W player who was booked twice yesterday receives a retrospective red and suspension; that's a rival's team weakened.

Along with posh who are without Tomlin for 3 games...

Millwall (A) D

Leicester (H) W

Leeds (A) D

Ipswich (H) W

Blackburn (A) D

Forest (H) L

Cardiff (A) L

Palace (A) L

We are good against millwall sneak a victory against Leicester and Leeds are terrible ATM I just hope we can beat Ipswich and drag them back in 10 points from those 8 I reckon is do able and what we should be aiming at

Going by yesterdays performance we can get out of it, especially if we can get a good centre half in and we can keep Danns. If we cannot keep Danns then a centre midfielder is needed.

Millwall (A)

Leicester (H)

Leeds (A)

Ipswich (H)

Blackburn (A)

Forest (H)

Cardiff (A)

Palace (A)

Bear in mind Watford will likely be slotted in that run somewhere. Out of that run I would actually feel most confident about the Millwall and Blackburn games

Archived