IGNORED

Skuse Apology

Kid in the Riot

Of course he knows what the problems are - I would imagine that his opening line of the conversation was a way of inviting KITR to air his views, thus difusing any feeling of confrontation.

My initial thoughts to, fair play to Skuse for taking the time to speak with the fans and not treating them like mugs who should just clap and not form an opinion like Del and the rest of the sorry bunch of 'people' we call professional footballers.

So many say there is no connection between the fans and players, me included, well kudos to skuse, straight over there, luckily sensible non volatile fans, skuse could have walked into anything, could have taken the easy route and clapped and walked off.

Looks like he has taken captain status seriously.

Hats off to the chap.

• SC&T Board Members

So many say there is no connection between the fans and players, me included, well kudos to skuse, straight over there, luckily sensible non volatile fans, skuse could have walked into anything, could have taken the easy route and clapped and walked off.

Looks like he has taken captain status seriously.

Hats off to the chap.

Here. here - it's a start. A captain who wants to connect with the fans and appreciates the value in doing so. What he actually said is less important than the fact that he realised it was important to have the dialogue. Well done, Cole.

If I had been there he would have got a proper mouthfull, he's as much as the problem as anyone else. It gets on my tits he gets minimum flack because he's say so city through and through, is he ****. Some of his performances have been a disgrace. How many times he been booked or sent off for City for Being a nasty **** in the centre of the park? How many goals or assists?

It's attitude like this that players don't want to make a connection with us fans. Who would?

Fair play to Skuse and Carey, the last think they want is the frustration of poor performances then to address supporters.

Confidence must be very low, perhaps us fans can help by being supportive and try motivating the team rather than moaning and groaning, plus the blue few who booo

As ever a credit to the club Skuse.

If more players at the club had the attitude and put the effort into their performances that Cole and Louis do week in, week out we wouldn't be in this position.

For the record, personally I can think of any 4 players at this club that actually give a shit, Cole, Louis, Albert and Stead, the rest of the can **** right off

The reaction from the City fans at full time was VERY telling, and completley understandable. It was a bit surprising though, because during the game itself, there wasn't much criticism at all, in fact during the 2nd half at 2-0 down there were long periods of singing, and good-natured pisstaking "How shit must you be, you've only scored 2?" and "do do do do, shot on target" when we finally managed one.

However at full time there were very loud boos, along with "what a load of rubbish", and the odd "you're not fit to wear the shirt". A few of the players started shuffling over to acknowledge us, but then made a quick exit as soon as they picked up on the reaction from the crowd. McInnes went straight down the tunnel, probably for the best tbh. Carey came over and got a good reception, and then Skuse came over and was in conversation with a couple of fans at the front (who we now know to be the lads who started this thread), and he too was warmly applauded as he left.

Good if Skuse apologised to the travelling fans because the Captain must take some responsibility for an apparently passionless performance from the team.

I didn't though hear mention of an apology during Skuse's long interview on the radio when he was specifically asked about the incident with the fans, just that he'd told them they were an honest bunch of lads and would never not try etc., or words to that effect.

He seemed to be put out and confused by the fans' criticisms rather than apologetic but it would have been apt if he'd taken the opportunity to broadcast this apology to the fan base at large who are very much due one from the players for the season overall.

As ever a credit to the club Skuse.

If more players at the club had the attitude and put the effort into their performances that Cole and Louis do week in, week out we wouldn't be in this position.

For the record, personally I can think of any 4 players at this club that actually give a shit, Cole, Louis, Albert and Stead, the rest of the can **** right off

Couldn't agree more with the 4 players you said there! Just wish the rest of the team/squad would show the same attitude as them!

As Derek and many others slipped down the tunnel I give Skuse a lot of credit for coming over and having a word with those at the front. You can see he cared and you could tell by the look on his face that he was embarrassed.

Exactly.

I am not a Skuse fan, but as a City fan of thirty plus years I can't honestly say that I would have done the same in his position today, so all respect to the guy.

It shouldn't have been him though... we all know who it should have been.

DMC... RUN!!!

(now).

Cannot believe Cole has taken abuse from some on this thread re the incident. Absolute proper bloke, and obviously cares a lot. As someone else pointed out, if you were a pro, would you want to talk to fans, given that so many want to just give out abuse? Some of you need to have a bit of a look at yourselves.

Me and my mate were gesturing as the players came over to clap us at full time. Not swearing just more 'what the ****' and Skuse beckoned me over from the pitch.

Went down to front of stand and he said to me 'whats the problem?' to which i replied i want the manager out and that there was a lack of effort out on the pitch today.

He said today was not good enough but that it wasnt through lack of trying. He then apologised for the performance and went on his way.

Fair play to him for calling me over and listening and apologising. Can't say fairer than that.

another meaningless statement from a player so overrated and is part of our problem

Cannot believe Cole has taken abuse from some on this thread re the incident. Absolute proper bloke, and obviously cares a lot. As someone else pointed out, if you were a pro, would you want to talk to fans, given that so many want to just give out abuse? Some of you need to have a bit of a look at yourselves.

Can't knock the bloke for putting in the effort to talk to the fans , just a shame he didn't put that sort of effort into chasing Murphy back for the first goal.

It isn't just skuse, it's the whole team. Constantly today Blackburn players walked 30 40 yards with the ball without challenge. 1st half there lb went in a 75 yard run with shot and from our own corner there player ran 45 yards 1 pass and a Carey tackle saved a 1 on 1. There cb also went 50 yard through the middle of our team without challenge. Now is this our players fault or our manager trying to keep our shape and not let people come out of position.

Every player applauded the fans yesterday, 3 or 4 actually walked up to the fans and applauded rest did it from a distance and a couple looked very shocked at the reaction of fans at the final whistle so got off pitch sharpish, maybe the reaction of all fans today sent a message to the team.

Not what I saw every player acknowledged the away fans only skuse and Carey got cheers. Those were the 2 best players for us today.

Agree with this. The others did clap, but it was from the half way line, Only Carey (who carried the entire team yesterday) & Skuse got closer.

Fair play to Skuse, with "what a load of rubbish" coming from a good 30% of the away contingent (& when you've lost those who travel that far, that means time has run out for the team), to come over risked a lot of abuse, which he was one of the few that didn't earn that abuse.

Poor performance all round by the team, & the defending / keeping for the 2 goals was shocking.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-skipper-Cole-Skuse-calls-angry-fans/story-17774914-detail/story.html

He explained: "I've been in their position myself many times. I'm a Bristol City fan and I've been to plenty of away games myself with my Dad, my family and my friends.

"Of course, the fans are entitled to have their say. Football is no longer a cheap day out and they spend strong money and travel a long way to follow us.

"They can say what they like, but they have to know that, from the point of view of our dressing room, we are trying our utmost."

I think it's fair to say the utmost just isn't enough, that was not a Championship performance yesterday. There was no passion or desire and Blackburn didn't even put in 100%, they didn't need to.

Just goes to prove how deluded our current bunch of wasters (and footballers in general) actually are.

As I have said before, I can take mistakes (everyone in life makes them) as long as they are not repeated time & time again (which they are), I can take misplaced passes & missed open goals but what I can't put up with is players strolling around, not putting in the effort to close opponents down, not tracking your man or not tackling.

Skuse has gone down in my estimation with that interview, at least Fontaine admitted that they weren;t good enough.

BCAGFC

Archived