IGNORED

Liam Kelly

westonred

Interesting that Del has gone up to Scotland to watch him twice in recent weeks which would give good reason for his alleged absence from training on occasions which has been commented upon adversely on here.

Sounds like Kelly would be a good addition judging by the other interested clubs.

If you read the article you'll see he's from Milton Keynes and wants to return to be closer to his family/mum.

This was the player who's dad had a heart attack and died mins after Killie won the cup last year.

He's out of contract in the summer.

Looks like we've offered 150k which sounds a good deal to me.

No idea how good he is, but the reason for moving, although highly commendable, purely from a selfish supporters point of view, is it the mentality you want to bring to the club? surely from a footballing perspective, you want someone chomping at the bit to progress their career, not someone moving because of family reasons.

No idea how good he is, but the reason for moving, although highly commendable, purely from a selfish supporters point of view, is it the mentality you want to bring to the club? surely from a footballing perspective, you want someone chomping at the bit to progress their career, not someone moving because of family reasons.

I take your point, but I think it's a bit harsh. Given he appears to be one of the better players in Jockland, it's likely his next thought would be a move south of the border anyway. Plus, if I had to change jobs to be closer to one of my parents if such a thing happened (touch wood that'll not be for a long while yet), I would like to think that I would put in just as much effort and have just as much ambition within my new organisation. Let's face it; it's rare that anyone in any walk of life moves jobs for purely altruistic reasons

Anyone ever caught him playing on telly or live? I'm actually going to watch Hearts v Kilmarnock (I think) in February, though obviously that'll be too late by then!

I take your point, but I think it's a bit harsh. Given he appears to be one of the better players in Jockland, it's likely his next thought would be a move south of the border anyway. Plus, if I had to change jobs to be closer to one of my parents if such a thing happened (touch wood that'll not be for a long while yet), I would like to think that I would put in just as much effort and have just as much ambition within my new organisation. Let's face it; it's rare that anyone in any walk of life moves jobs for purely altruistic reasons

Anyone ever caught him playing on telly or live? I'm actually going to watch Hearts v Kilmarnock (I think) in February, though obviously that'll be too late by then!

I know it was a little harsh, like I said, commendable on a personal level. I just wanted to strip it back a little to look at the motivation for leaving

Yes, no more scots. No rubbish like Steven Fletcher, Ross McCormack, Christophe Berra or Kenny Miller please........

I agree, Rich. There is definitely talent in Scotland, it's just getting the right ones (as is the case anywhere!) Our problem is that the Scots we've bought so far (Foster, Pearson and Wilson) have not been good enough and therefore we assume that because a few aren't very good, that all of them aren't very good and can't cut it.

I bet no one would complain if we bought in another Scot that could emulate Murray and Carey...

Incidentally, we actually only have five Scots in our team; one is a loan; one's contract will be over very soon; Foster and Pearson and then Carey.

I agree, Rich. There is definitely talent in Scotland, it's just getting the right ones (as is the case anywhere!) Our problem is that the Scots we've bought so far (Foster, Pearson and Wilson) have not been good enough and therefore we assume that because a few aren't very good, that all of them aren't very good and can't cut it.

I bet no one would complain if we bought in another Scot that could emulate Murray and Carey...

Incidentally, we actually only have five Scots in our team; one is a loan; one's contract will be over very soon; Foster and Pearson and then Carey.

I very much doubt Carey considers himself to be Scottish.............

Well he was born in MiltonK so maybe only a Scot via a grandparent...

More worrying is that the board are letting the clown sign more players

He's only 22 and obviously a good prospect as evidenced by the other interested clubs.

You can't go too far wrong signing up talented young players, even if there is a change of manager.

It's the overpaid journeymen who clog up the squad and cause problems for the next man.

Archived