IGNORED

Liam Kelly

westonred

James morrison, Charlie Adam, Barry Bannan, Graham Dorrans, Darren Fletcher, Brown, Robert Snodgrass, Craig Bryson, Barry Ferguson...

plus the oldies like Kenny Dalglish etc

Scottland and the SPL may not be great, but they've always managed to produce a good midfielder, thats for sure....

this is what a killie fan thinks of us! :laughcont::facepalm:

As for Liam, I definitely think he's good enough for the Championship, but Bristol City are not the team for him. They are never going to go any higher, and Championship survival is the limit of their ambition/realistic expectation. A better option would be the likes of Leeds, Boro or (daft as it sounds) Forest, where the club's ambitions for advancement would match his own.

Can't really argue with that

5ft 9in see little man,

Scottish one cap man,

playing for Killy,

zero exepieremce at this level

So, it will no doubt take him 3/4months to adjust, by which point we'll be dead and buried and he'll want out in league one.

As others said, sick of signing shit from scotland

As The Who once nearly said "Meet the new Lee Johnson, same as the Old Lee Johnson".

Any chance of a copy of your new album Dave? Oh and happy b'day.

this is what a killie fan thinks of us! :laughcont::facepalm:

As for Liam, I definitely think he's good enough for the Championship, but Bristol City are not the team for him. They are never going to go any higher, and Championship survival is the limit of their ambition/realistic expectation. A better option would be the likes of Leeds, Boro or (daft as it sounds) Forest, where the club's ambitions for advancement would match his own.

Ouch! Is that a fair assessment?

@TheExiledRobin: #BristolCityTwitterFamily @ScottBurns75: #Kilmarnock agree deals to let striker and midfielder leave in the window See tomorrow's Express"

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/football/view/369560/Killie-allow-Harkins-to-go-and-Kelly-could-follow

Make of that what you will....................

Sounds like we have a good chance with him then, just hope if it is going to happen, it happens before Sat.

All the scots who have been brought in north of the border (except Paul Hartley) have been unconvincing in form so far. Clarkson was poor, and Wilson. Foster's form has only got a bit better more recently. No more scots please Del.

I'm sure Gerry Gow, Gerry Sweeney, Joe Jordan, David Moyes, etc might disagree about the quality of Bristol City's past Scottish signings

I have been reading your responses here. Don't judge him on what you have had from up here in the past. He will be better the Hartley and is a million miles better than Jody Morris. Liam Kelly would be a great addition to most Championship teams and many of us believe that he will be better tha Craig Bryson who has been brilliant for Derby.

Kelly can play in defensive midfield and also can play off the striker where he WILL score yous goals.

Started taking the penalties for us this season and is firing them in.

@TheExiledRobin: #BristolCityTwitterFamily @ScottBurns75: #Kilmarnock agree deals to let striker and midfielder leave in the window See tomorrow's Express"

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/football/view/369560/Killie-allow-Harkins-to-go-and-Kelly-could-follow

Make of that what you will....................

They have just let midfielder, Gary Harkin, go to Dundee so I assume they are talking about him.

I'm sure Gerry Gow, Gerry Sweeney, Joe Jordan, David Moyes, etc might disagree about the quality of Bristol City's past Scottish signings

The trajectory of Scottish football though has been downward since the 70s, when they took their place as a very good European team. Now getting a Scotland cap is no more impressive than getting a Welsh one - or a Venezualan one!

That said, Kelly sounds interesting.

Derby is nearer and in all probability this is probably us out of the running:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/130109/bristol-city-and-derby-go-head-head-kilmarnock-star-liam-kelly-

But never say never

a) not sure it's nearer to Milton Keynes is it?

b) we're the only team who've been reported as making a bid

c) it's in TalkSport so is almost certainly horse-shit!

I have been reading your responses here. Don't judge him on what you have had from up here in the past. He will be better the Hartley and is a million miles better than Jody Morris. Liam Kelly would be a great addition to most Championship teams and many of us believe that he will be better tha Craig Bryson who has been brilliant for Derby.

Kelly can play in defensive midfield and also can play off the striker where he WILL score yous goals.

St Johnstone fans told us McInnes would be the next best thing, and that hasn't really worked out...

Quite - the club should have got in with a decent offer instead of fannying around trying to get a bargain.

Hopefully, its still alive but if Derby want him he'll probably go there.

Exactly! I shudder too think the amount of players we've lost out on by doing this.

Derby is nearer and in all probability this is probably us out of the running:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/130109/bristol-city-and-derby-go-head-head-kilmarnock-star-liam-kelly-

But never say never

Really? I used to regularly drive to Derby way from my home in Aylesbury, and also to Bristol (natch), and there's not much in it...

Fair dos - assume you're a Killie fan, guess you'll be sad if he goes??

Quite - the club should have got in with a decent offer instead of fannying around trying to get a bargain.

Hopefully, its still alive but if Derby want him he'll probably go there.

But not if he wants to play every week, in which case he should come here

Archived