IGNORED

Gerken

Super

Seem to remember gerkin replacing James last season and being one of the reason we stayed up

2 seasons when we were looking like relegation fodder he stepped up and helped save the season - only to be dropped both times for other players in the new season. Would not be surprised if he is a little bitter - certainly not surprised he would want out of the club. I don't think he will be to disappointed today - when you treat people badly (or too well) they stop really caring and just go onto autopilot.

As shite as Gerkin is, you could put Petr Cech in goal and we'd still get dicked most weeks. The amount of chances we give teams to score/shoot is unforgivable. It's a collective thing. Defensively were pants. We looked reasonable at the start of the season as we looked to our score opponents. Offensively we looked decent. That edge has since disappeared with McInnes obsession to keep a clean sheet.

I get sick and tired of people saying how brilliant Gerken is.

A good shot stopper and nice bloke but not good enough really.

Flaps at crosses & won't command his area.

He IS a liability.

Beaten at the near post for the first.

Decided not to come for a cross for the second.

Beaten by a shot through the middle of the goal from the edge of the area for the third.

Poor positioning for the fourth.

Not good enough.

He had an awful game and conceded a goal from an absolute howler. As did Heaton in his last game I believe.

Very disappointed as he had an opportunity to stake a claim and he clearly forked it up on a grand scale.

Still add his abject performance to that of Fontaine; Foster; Pearson and Stead and pretty bloody poor ones from Cunningham and James Wilson.

Just another name in the litany of failure.

I doubt we'll see him again in a red shirt.

Archived