Just been discussing with a mate how away days were a joy not so long ago

One season me and him saw us win away from home:-

0-1 - at Fulham and Crewe

0-2 - at Walsall and Brentford

0-3 - at Cardiff

0-4 - at Birmingham

0-5 - at Swansea

We also beat Chelsea 3-1 in the FA Cup!

But this delirium was tempered by a 6-0 defeat at Tranmere, a 5-1 loss at Cambridge and the infamous 3-0 reverse at the non-league ground in Bath.

I saw just about every game that season - heady times!

(A fluffy wine gum found behind my sofa is your prize if you correctly identified the season as 89-90!)

We WILL get those days back!

Always Red - loud 'n' proud!!

0-3 - at Cardiff

0-4 - at Birmingham

0-5 - at Swansea

But this delirium was tempered by a 6-0 defeat at Tranmere, a 5-1 loss at Cambridge and the infamous 3-0 reverse at the non-league ground in Bath.

(A fluffy wine gum found behind my sofa is your prize if you correctly identified the season as 89-90!)

Good times! This was my first season watching City. Although to claim they were "not so long ago" is not quite accurate! 23/24 years ago!!! Blimey, time certainly does fly!

0-3 - at Cardiff

0-4 - at Birmingham

0-5 - at Swansea

All those clean sheets as well !

Remember many of those away days so well.

Great TEAM, Great days.

Steady on only 22-23 years ago

I was born the night we beat Swansea 5-0 away :dancer2:

That's a coincidence coz I nearly died that night!........

Great night out ........Outplayed us first 45 but still went in HT in the lead thanks to Bobby T.....

2nd half was just too easy

"Yorath is back... Yorath is back".............:laugh:

Wan't actualy there though was it.........

Are Swansea another example of what a new stadium can help achieve?

True. I meant Swansea as in 'the city of....'.

I think they are an example, FOD. Certainly, this guy I knew from the next village (he's moved now) was a big supporter and he said it provided a massive morale boost for the supporters - and players. And that's not counting the financial benefits.

True. I meant Swansea as in 'the city of....'.

I think they are an example, FOD. Certainly, this guy I knew from the next village (he's moved now) was a big supporter and he said it provided a massive morale boost for the supporters - and players. And that's not counting the financial benefits.

Yes, no doubt Swansea are an example of how everything can go so amazingly to plan with the facility of a new stadium. I think you might get a very different story though from Darlington & Coventry fans!

I could be wrong, but off the top of my head, only Swansea, Stoke, Reading, probably Sounthampton (debatable) are better off than their historical position, for having a new ground. Others have plataued and some have declined.

It certainly doesn't guarantee improvement, without the whole club structure being right. Which (fingers crossed) we seem to have got wise to recently. It's a process!

Yes, no doubt Swansea are an example of how everything can go so amazingly to plan with the facility of a new stadium. I think you might get a very different story though from Darlington & Coventry fans!

I could be wrong, but off the top of my head, only Swansea, Stoke, Reading, probably Sounthampton (debatable) are better off than their historical position, for having a new ground. Others have plataued and some have declined.

It certainly doesn't guarantee improvement, without the whole club structure being right. Which (fingers crossed) we seem to have got wise to recently. It's a process!

You'll get no argument on that score, BB. To a degree, the new stadium is the culmination of the process, not the kick-start of it.

Re: Darlo. Unsurprising it all went wrong there under a chairman who allowed the club to go into administration but was later found with half a million pounds in used notes in his car boot!!!!

Those results still stick in my mind to this day.

Tranmere were one of our bogey sides around that time and they also beat us 3-1 at AG with a goal in the first minute iirc. The Cambridge game was in the QF of the cup and it was the 2nd(?) replay after two 1-1 draws, again iirc. I have nothing to say about the game in Bath apart from WORST.RESULT.EVER.

Here are a few other defeats that still irk me: Millwall 4-0, (Sheringham HT), Wolves 4-0, (Kelly HT), Swansea 6-0, Cardiff 5-1, Hull 1-0.

0-3 - at Cardiff

0-4 - at Birmingham

0-5 - at Swansea

Great times, i went to Fulham & Swansea that season, Fulham on a Boxing Day early kick off missed the open 10 minutes because the guy who took us didn't have enough petrol (didn't think ahead) Bob Taylor with the only goal and Fulham played a lot of the game with 10 men

Swansea away Tuesday night, again arrived late with my Dad leaving work late and the petrol curse struck again, the game held up 15 minutes because of the hugh away support, my dad pushing me through the turnstile almost getting crushed against a wall !! then walking back to the Car after the game all was very quiet until we got to the end of the street and a load of their lot appeared, turn round and there were loads of our fans behind us who gave Swansea fans hell !!! Time for a sharp exit we thought :-)

Tranmere did the double ober City yhayseason; 3-1 at the Gate whulsy in the away fame.....

In September a defeat at Northampton dropped the club to fifteenth position. Three wins and a draw then lifted City to fourth and leaders Tranmere were in sight. Disaster struck one Friday night on Birkenhead; City conceded an own goal, a penalty, had a player sent off and crashed six nil. A fortnight later, Swansea without a win all season, won 3-1 at Ashton Gate. After dipping to eighth, October ended with City fourth again. On November 4th., Walsall, who had survived just one season in division two, were beaten two nil away and City went to the top of the table. After two months anchored in the top three, a four nil win put them back on top where they would stay until the penultimate game of the season.

Oddly we also played Reading five times that season. H&A in the League, H&A in the League Cup and A in the Leyland/DAF cup. All three games at Reading were draws whilst those in Bristol were away wins. 89/90 was Bob Taylor's season as he was to be the main marksman that season; in 46 appearances he scored 34 times. This was the best performance by a City player in over fifty years, but the title of Bristol's most prolific marksman remained with Alfie Biggs. He scored 37 times in 56 appearances for Rovers during the 1963/64 season.

Thanks for that!! Some fantastic celebrations in that terrace behind the goal, looks like we took a large following too!!!

That terrace was quality for noise and is my 2nd favourite away end behind Brentford when we used to go in the terrace with the roof with the seats on top!! We always used to pack those away ends out.

Haha so funny to see this on here, have been watching clips of old games on youtube tonight, consdering i've only gone since 1994 I can't recall alot of games mentioned here.

My first game was a 0-1 loss at home to Notts County in the old Coca Cola cup, god knows how I was hooked after that, remember two good wins over Swindon that season but we went down.

Was at Mansfield for the amazing 5-4 win, also remember Reading on a Friday night 3-1 away win, Lee Matthews scoring a last minute pen V Millwall at the gate on a Friday night, the amazing comeback V Hartlepool in the playoff's probably the best night of my life, from utter despair to utter joy in the space of 5 minutes. Was at the Mem for Phillip's infamous penalty save and at Grimsby on a cold wet Tuesday night when Aaron Brown scored a last minute winner, also went to Southand in the LDV Vans about 50 city fans there won 2-0 :laughcont:

Of course many lows,rubbish away defeat at the Manor Ground Oxford, been away to Colchester and B'mouth in the same month to witness two 4-0 defeats, a 5-0 defeat at Luton under Tinnion and a long horrible train trip to Port Vale and we lost 3-0.

What are other peoples favourite games?

Sorry...that's the most ******g boring post in the World, ever.

Fungi exist primarily as filamentous dikaryotic organisms.

As part of their life cycle, fungi produce spores. In this electron micrograph of a mushroom gill, the four spores produced by meiosis (seen in the center of this picture) are carried on a clublike sporangium (visible to the left and right). From these spores, haploid hyphae grow and ramify, and may give rise to asexual sporangia, special hyphae which produce spores without meiosis.

This is the most *******g boring post in the world ever!

20 odd years ago maybe but I'm still having therapy for them moments after the game at Twerton.

A brilliant season and I went to all home and more than half away games and I still can't stop thinking, what if......Bob Taylor hadn't got injured.........the game at Trumpton had been played when it was originally planned..........

20 odd years ago maybe but I'm still having therapy for them moments after the game at Twerton.

A brilliant season and I went to all home and more than half away games and I still can't stop thinking, what if......Bob Taylor hadn't got injured.........the game at Trumpton had been played when it was originally planned..........

Devon "the knife" white had been penalised for the foul .....it could go on and on....but gone now....resigned to the "where would we be now" file

Archived