IGNORED

Louis Carey Quote

Kid in the Riot

One of many bad mistakes that McInnes made giving Carey a new contract.

I for one still hope that he doesn't beat Atyeo's record and if he doe's I certainly won't be showing my appreciation.

One of many leeches still sucking the life and soul out of this club.

Best Defender at the Club and when fit the first name on the team sheet for the back 4.

Ok, it's part of the problem that he's our best defender despite his failings and despite the fact he's past his best, but surely it's the fault of the manager for not signing defenders who are not of a better ability.

The comments from a number of senior players stating that they felt the team lack organistation summed up what many fans thought of McInnes, so it's ok for the fans to say it, but it's not ok when the players agree that the last manager couldn't organise the team.

One of many bad mistakes that McInnes made giving Carey a new contract.

I for one still hope that he doesn't beat Atyeo's record and if he doe's I certainly won't be showing my appreciation.

One of many leeches still sucking the life and soul out of this club.

What a ridiculous statement. If you think of the one player in our defence who has actually got stuck in and put himself about in our defence this season it's Carey. The only defender to come out with a shred of credibility in a number of games this season.

Can't understand why there are fans of this club who have a pop at Carey. He has always given his best for the club, he's given an honest assessment of his first full week working with O'Driscoll and is just explaining how refreshing his coaching methods are compared to what he has had in the past.

A lot of us I'm sure, would welcome a change in management at our own jobs once in a while to freshen things up.

Carey's quote is nothing more than a not very well concealed cover for the performances the entire squad. Bottom line is that they are all professional footballers who should at least understand the basics of how to play structured football.It is their job after all.

If Carey is saying he's learn new stuff then I'm really surprised given how long he's been a pro and the number of managers he's played under. You'd think he's seen and done it all in his career.

Exactly, most of our defenders this season have been making pretty basic error's. They've all been playing football since they were 10 or 11yrs, they should at least 'as you say' get the basics right.

McInnes for all his failings never made them poor players! No, this for me is nothing more than the ramblings of a decent pro (Carey) acknowledging that perhaps 'O'driscolls' new training technique is somewhat different than he has experienced in the past.

Our turn around in fortunes, will be as much dependent though on bringing in the right new players with the right attitude as Sod's training techniques!

Dont put so much what Carey said. A new gaffer and I think its naturally that he and the other players, most of them, are positive. The new manager maybe is the right one and can make progress with City. Still many games to play. Hope that OD can make the team as fighting unit, hard work and hard work then a little bit of luck.

Exactly, most of our defenders this season have been making pretty basic error's. They've all been playing football since they were 10 or 11yrs, they should at least 'as you say' get the basics right.

McInnes for all his failings never made them poor players! No, this for me is nothing more than the ramblings of a decent pro (Carey) acknowledging that perhaps 'O'driscolls' new training technique is somewhat different than he has experienced in the past.

Our turn around in fortunes, will be as much dependent though on bringing in the right new players with the right attitude as Sod's training techniques!

Decent players who were going into games with their managers instructions, a manager who constantly changed the team around regardless of performance, kept players in who were completely out of form.

No matter how good a player you are, if the manager sets the team to play to his instructions, you play to them.

It's up to him to get the best out of his players, which means coaching them into doing the right things, Mcinness lost his way big time, hence the manic team selections.

A view from a friend of mine,

Listen to Carey talking to Twentyman in JULY 2012 before the Rovers game.

GT "Best managers you've played under"

LC "John Ward easily the best, then Danny Wilson as he made me skipper & we had a great team spirit, then Joe Jordan cos he gave me my debut. Next is easy The Current gaffer is brilliant - I've never seen a better man manager"

He didn't even mention GJ (who we all know he had a love / hate relationship with)

City through & though but he's not trustworthy Carey - he's like what John Terry is at Chelsea, when it starts going wrong he's the first to put the boot in & twist the knife - starts spreading tales & influencing other players (esp youngsters) that the manager ain't up to it.

Look at the facts ....

Towards the end of their reigns GJ, KM & DMc all dropped Carey - & that ain't just a coincidence. He burns his bridges.

Carey's quote is nothing more than a not very well concealed cover for the performances the entire squad. Bottom line is that they are all professional footballers who should at least understand the basics of how to play structured football.It is their job after all.

If Carey is saying he's learn new stuff then I'm really surprised given how long he's been a pro and the number of managers he's played under. You'd think he's seen and done it all in his career.

Absolutely spot on.

Your top two lines....have you noticed there has been no responsibility taken by the players......again.

You, sir are a total rissole. Presumably, you prefer the younger players who have demonstrated that they know nothing about the club and care less. Louis has given more to this club than you will ever give to anything, except possibly to your beer gut.

Louis Carey has got more OUT of this club then any of us ever will....

....I bet Bemmyred Jeff wouldn't chip off to Coventry if the tickets were better priced either ;-)

Seriously though, I don't trust the bloke.....he should have gone a long time ago

Absolutely spot on.

Your top two lines....have you noticed there has been no responsibility taken by the players......again.

I've seen or read four City players interviews since McInnes was sacked. Skuse and Anderson on Player and Kilkenny and Carey in the press and not one of them held their hand up to say that they'd been a big part in McInnes's failure.

Dodging responsibility of the highest order.

A view from a friend of mine,

Listen to Carey talking to Twentyman in JULY 2012 before the Rovers game.

GT "Best managers you've played under"

LC "John Ward easily the best, then Danny Wilson as he made me skipper & we had a great team spirit, then Joe Jordan cos he gave me my debut. Next is easy The Current gaffer is brilliant - I've never seen a better man manager"

He didn't even mention GJ (who we all know he had a love / hate relationship with)

City through & though but he's not trustworthy Carey - he's like what John Terry is at Chelsea, when it starts going wrong he's the first to put the boot in & twist the knife - starts spreading tales & influencing other players (esp youngsters) that the manager ain't up to it.

Look at the facts ....

Towards the end of their reigns GJ, KM & DMc all dropped Carey - & that ain't just a coincidence. He burns his bridges.

First of all, he was asked who he thought were the best managers he has played under and he answered the question. If he doesn't feel that Johnson was one of the best, admitedly his record and my personal opinion is that he was, then why should he have to say him? It's no wonder that players rarely have anything interesting to say in interviews when little things like this get pounced upon.

Secondly the bit I have put in bold, not even true. Carey started in Johnson's last 18 matches (memorably poor in the Cardiff and Doncaster games to be fair), he had recently got back into the team after starting the season out of it when Millen got the sack and his last start under McInnes came in his penultimate game at Ewood Park. Notably Louis' last start in the league came in a win away at Boro and since then I am lead to believe he has been injured?

And as for comparing Louis to John Terry. Dear oh dear.

I've seen or read four City players interviews since McInnes was sacked. Skuse and Anderson on Player and Kilkenny and Carey in the press and not one of them held their hand up to say that they'd been a big part in McInnes's failure.

Dodging responsibility of the highest order.

...yep, I find is disgraceful. I truly believe that they are so deluded, they don't feel like they have done, or are doing nothing, wrong?

Skuse to City fans at Blackburn ...."what's the problem?"

Scott Murray last week, Louis Carey this... It would appear nobody is safe from the wrath of Andy082005.

Not sure that Andy is just singling out Carey here. As I read it , it's the whole group of players.May be wrong though.

Scott Murray last week, Louis Carey this... It would appear nobody is safe from the wrath of Andy082005.

Haha not quite.

My beef is with a lot of people at that club....not just one or two.

To many players have completely let down the last three managers....and to many have come out of it smelling of roses with slates "wiped clean" like they have done nothing wrong

I for one am fed up with these players getting away with it

Haha not quite. My beef is with a lot of people at that club....not just one or two. To many players have completely let down the last three managers....and to many have come out of it smelling of roses with slates "wiped clean" like they have done nothing wrong I for one am fed up with these players getting away with it
100% spot on, some of these players have got away with far to much, they would have been hounded out the club in years gone by.

As with everything in life truth iscso hard to determine. Posturing is smoething i dislike ver much and if this is what Carey is doing I would be really sad. That said if his quotevis true it will shatter much of my opinion of Del. Interesting to see Carey's comments re Del when he was manager. Its possible that Sod is indeed special

100% spot on, some of these players have got away with far to much, they would have been hounded out the club in years gone by.

Certain players are lauded as heroes....I personally feel some of them are snides, and if things don't go their way, like John Terry at Chelsea, they can have a negative influence against the manager that is invisible to us fans.

I can't believe some of the performances these players have been allowed to get away with over the last few years....and it isn't just a few

How many players were publicly defending mciness whilst he was at the club? Zero!

How many players are publicly defending mciness now he has gone? Zero!

In 2012 we had 40+ players in the squad yet not one has stepped up to support mciness. That speaks volumes.

Yet this is the manager who publically defended these players to the hilt.

Yes the manager had to go.....but these players are just as responsible, if not more so, then Del

Same players that were so keen to say that del was key to them signing. Del had to go in the end. Sod is king long live the king and all that and he will get my full support, but think Del had something to offer let down by players who were gutless. Any way its onwards and upwards hopefully

Yet this is the manager who publically defended these players to the hilt.

Yes the manager had to go.....but these players are just as responsible, if not more so, then Del

If you're a manager, you 'manage' people. Not just yes men, but discontented men, truculent men, rebellious men, unconfident men, over-confident men, top-of-their-game men and out-of-form men. You coach, reward, punish, cajole, rotate, and above all motivate and build loyalty. A football manager has to be a personnel manager, not just a tactician.

If you are saying the last three managers couldn't do those things then they weren't 'managing' were they?

If you're a manager, you 'manage' people. Not just yes men, but discontented men, truculent men, rebellious men, unconfident men, over-confident men, top-of-their-game men and out-of-form men. You coach, reward, punish, cajole, rotate, and above all motivate and build loyalty. A football manager has to be a personnel manager, not just a tactician.

If you are saying the last three managers couldn't do those things then they weren't 'managing' were they?

I'm aware what it takes to be a manager.....but I'm also aware, and have experienced first hand, how one two faced, influential individual can cause all sorts of problems.

Del started digging his own grave e minute he kept faith in players who he should have frozen out and bombed out a long time ago....Louis Carey being one

I'm aware what it takes to be a manager.....but I'm also aware, and have experienced first hand, how one two faced, influential individual can cause all sorts of problems.

Del started digging his own grave e minute he kept faith in players who he should have frozen out and bombed out a long time ago....Louis Carey being one

And your evidence for this assertion re Carey is......?

Archived