IGNORED

Accepting Relegation

Lew-T

Seems like many posters have accepted relegation this year and are already planning for life in league one. Where has the fight gone? The passion on match days before kick off? We have a new manager now, who I believe is the right man for the job. We need everybody down there on Saturday to give it a real go and a great boost for the lads. I understand you are all peed off at the minute and rightly so! But I ask you my fellow reds to give it a one last good go of it.

The players, the staff and the club need us more than ever! Accepting relegation will do us no favours for the rest of the campaign if we want to stay in this league. We need that passion and belief back from the stands ( I know it's hard ) but can we at least give it a go eh?

Up the City! It's not over yet...

Not accepting anything. 1.5 points per game is perfectly achievable. People will be amazed what confidence and a consistent selection will do.

Dead right. All it needs is one win and we could be away! Just trying to restore that into some supporters..

Don't think people have accepted it - we just need to get the same amount of points as the teams around us and .3 points on average a game more than a couple of teams above us - Birmingham and Sheffield both look like they could continue in a downward spiral.

Seems like many posters have accepted relegation this year and are already planning for life in league one. Where has the fight gone? The passion on match days before kick off? We have a new manager now, who I believe is the right man for the job. We need everybody down there on Saturday to give it a real go and a great boost for the lads. I understand you are all peed off at the minute and rightly so! But I ask you my fellow reds to give it a one last good go of it.

The players, the staff and the club need us more than ever! Accepting relegation will do us no favours for the rest of the campaign if we want to stay in this league. We need that passion and belief back from the stands ( I know it's hard ) but can we at least give it a go eh?

Up the City! It's not over yet...

Let me see fight and passion ON the pitch and perhaps my hope for survival will be rekindled !

I'm not accepting it and will continue to support the lads as I always do. However, I do not see relegation as the end of the world if it did happen.

I'm (kind of) confident that players will have either release clauses or wage reductions in their contracts for this scenario, so in one way or another give more opportunity for Sean to rebuild. We can get in younger players with the right attitude on less money. For all those on otib that think we need to offload everyone (I'm not one of those) then this would be the only real option to do that. With changes off the field at the club and with Sean in charge I'd be much more confident in getting promoted. A set back but maybe a necessary one in order to move forward.

I still think we have some decent players that just need organising and their confidence improved - consistent team selections and round pegs are a good start. If we do stay up this we may not need too many new players to make a significant improvement. So happy with that outcome obviously.

What I don't get are posters who want to get rid of all the player and still want to stay up. That won't be an option when we have players on long contracts on high wages that no one wants to buy and/or unwilling to match their salaries. We cannot continue to buy out these contracts so they will still be around unless we do go down.

COYR.

Up the City! It's not over yet...great post-nothing wrong with having awareness of the likely outcome,but this shouldent diminish from the spirit.get to grips with the home form and a good outcome is certainly possible..

Safety can only be achieved if:

8 wins - 24 points = 46 points
+
4-6 Draws = 50-52 points.

50 points in usually safety. Out of 19 games left, I can see a lot of those draws as losses and wins as draws.

Realist not a pesimist, just looking at the facts in front of me. Confidence is a game changer, but also is a solid central defence. Yet to be seen too.

It's not about 'accepting' relegation at all - I'm in the realist camp and if you compare our performance this season with the clubs that have been relegated over the last couple of campaigns we fit the profile of a team that's going down.

The main factors are essentially (i) averaging less than one point per game (ii) being a poor team in the previous season and getting worse in the following one. Negative home goal difference is also important and in that respect no-one's as bad as either us or Sheffield Wednesday.

Basically we're going the same way as Sheffield United in 2010/11 and Coventry last season and looking at their current league positions that's what I think we can expect from next season.The long losing run under Delboy in October/November meant relegation went from being 'possible' to 'highly likely' and as other posters have commented elsewhere, if you look back at Championship tables for various dates between Christmas and Easter (statto.com is a good place to start) it's apparent that we've probably had it. It's also interesting to note that we're performing at a worse level in 2012/13 than the last time we were relegated in 1998/99.

There's one thing in our favour though - tomorrow's game is the only the second home game we've played against the other clubs in the current bottom five. One of the reasons we stayed up last season was because we did well in those types of games, so three points are vital against Ipswich.

I know, I've been saying this all along! Why people think we are doomed is beyond me!

If we have two great games at home then we are right back in the thick of it. Even if we only have one then we are still in the fight, nothing is over till its over.

Really disappoints me when I see fans that are giving up when there are still almost 20 games to play!

I'm resigned to it, not once in the last two seasons did I think we would go down, this season I'm certain.

Having said that, I'm not as depressed at the thought as some people are. A lot are predicting such gloom and doom if we go down, then we get another thread on favourite games and so many are from the lower two divisions.

I've got so many great memories of good attacking football, dominating teams, in the lower leagues, compared with the utter dire boring matches I've seen in the lsst 3 seasons.

Having said all that, I really hope I'm wrong and SO'D can take us forward in the 2nd tier.

I’ve not given up completely, but you have to admit things are looking rather bleak.

I’m not sure what compo we had too pay to Del and Doc, plus the money to Walsall for O’Kelly, plus Jim M has also let today, but in hindsight maybe we should have paid the money for Keogh, Bikey and Ward then we wouldn’t find ourselves in this mess!

Maybe we need another ‘THE GREAT ESCAPE’ painting done. :trumpet:

Safety can only be achieved if:

8 wins - 24 points = 46 points

+

4-6 Draws = 50-52 points.

50 points in usually safety. Out of 19 games left, I can see a lot of those draws as losses and wins as draws.

Realist not a pesimist, just looking at the facts in front of me. Confidence is a game changer, but also is a solid central defence. Yet to be seen too.

I posted recently on this point. In the last eight seasons, 48 points would have seen a team survive in just as many seasons (six of the eight) Leicester went down with 52 points a couple of years back. Rules of thumb are not necessarily accurate!

I've not given up and nor will I unless/until we are formally relegated. Right now we have little concrete evidence (1 game) of the changes that SoD will bring to the attitude of the existing players*, nor of the impact of any signings/departures for us or the teams around us. So for people to be convinced that we are down with no hope of avoiding the fate is simply ignoring the many variables which are yet to play out.

Last year I bet a mate at work that we would avoid relegation - he was just as convinced that we were down then. Thanks to that bet £10 went to charity. This year the bet is £20, and I am still convinced it won't be me paying up

* right now, I DON'T CARE about the rights, wrongs or implications of a sudden upsurge in player form as to whether or not they were "playing for McInnes". I only care that we see an upsurge in form and they start to show the fight we know they are capable of. We can allow SoD to weed out bad apples in the close season

Difficult to believe in a set of players who themselves gave up before Xmas. Excepting Louis there's no characters who are up for a fight and really care about BCFC. Shameful.

For the first time in 45+ years, I have a great problem 'supporting' a bunch of excessively paid, journeyman wasters that are bleeding our club dry.

Rip it up and start again - which seems to be the Board's view as well. Maybe we'll see the return of our club next season.

Difficult to believe in a set of players who themselves gave up before Xmas. Excepting Louis there's no characters who are up for a fight and really care about BCFC. Shameful.

For the first time in 45+ years, I have a great problem 'supporting' a bunch of excessively paid, journeyman wasters that are bleeding our club dry.

Rip it up and start again - which seems to be the Board's view as well. Maybe we'll see the return of our club next season.

I'd add heaton and stead to that

I'd add heaton and stead to that

Heaton 'really cares about BCFC'?? Doubt it very much, he's only been here a matter of months and will almost certainly be off again at the end of the season.

Very unlikely Stead cares any more deeply about BCFC than he does his numerous previous clubs. He's another just passing through, and although he has put in commendable effort on occasions, it's unlikely he'll be too upset to be leaving City when his lucrative contract is not renewed.

He'll just move on to the next of his long list of clubs, probably on a similar wage despite limited overall contribution to BCFC's cause over 3 years.

Stead - yes, last season was a true warrior but this year he know's he's off in the summer so hasn't the same edge.

Heaton, I'm not a great fan I fear due to his cross-collection limitations.

Heaton 'really cares about BCFC'?? Doubt it very much, he's only been here a matter of months and will almost certainly be off again at the end of the season.

Very unlikely Stead cares any more deeply about BCFC than he does his numerous previous clubs. He's another just passing through, and although he has put in commendable effort on occasions, it's unlikely he'll be too upset to be leaving City when his lucrative contract is not renewed.

He'll just move on to the next of his long list of clubs, probably on a similar wage despite limited overall contribution to BCFC's cause over 3 years.

yes he isn't great on crosses but he is one of the few players who shows passion for me thats where I'm coming from,

Having been shot down before the start of the season saying we were going down with this current bunch of money grabbers, i'd seen nothing to change my mind under Del boy and couldn't give a rat's arse who leaves....

Last season i always thought we could get out of it we were bad at times but still had the desire to play and win, the Coventry City game was solid fantastic support from the fans and a gut-busting effort from the whole team .

The Skuse goal against West Ham the whole ground was rocking,the match at Forest even though being there was like a scene from Zulu endless Forest attacks we defended like team with a real cause to fight for walking out after the win was fantastic.

This season it can't be a coincidence that so many opposition fan's say City are the worse team they have seen if you look at their message boards.

I think Gerkin cares more about City than Heaton its just a shame that neither look like they have any confidence .Cisse and Bolasie couldn't wait to leave Bikey was a giant in defence Stead was a different player just hasn't produced the same impact this season..We have a forward line that can't find the net or are injured a lot.

Albert is the only real outlet with genuine skill to have 2 players trying to mark him out of the game as for the defence and mid-field its all been said before.

Start again with the new manager against Ipswich Town tomorrow i'm going with hopes of a win due to having a bloke in charge who know's what he is doing..

I’ve not given up completely, but you have to admit things are looking rather bleak.

I’m not sure what compo we had too pay to Del and Doc, plus the money to Walsall for O’Kelly, plus Jim M has also let today, but in hindsight maybe we should have paid the money for Keogh, Bikey and Ward then we wouldn’t find ourselves in this mess!

Maybe we need another ‘THE GREAT ESCAPE’ painting done. :trumpet:

I do find it mildly amusing that some of those who were particularly vocal in their insistence tha Del was removed , now seemed annoyed that we have limited scope in the transfer market.

I do find it mildly amusing that some of those who were particularly vocal in their insistence tha Del was removed , now seemed annoyed that we have limited scope in the transfer market.

its alright the owner has 800 million pound that they are willing to spend for him :)

Archived