IGNORED

Accepting Relegation

Lew-T

I do find it mildly amusing that some of those who were particularly vocal in their insistence tha Del was removed , now seemed annoyed that we have limited scope in the transfer market.

For the record I didn’t want Del removed.

I really hoped that he would succeed, but in the end things didn’t work out for him.

My point was the money we had to shell out to sack Del, Doc, and Jim & get O’Kelly in should have been spent on the named players, which mean that Del and Doc would still be here, and we’d be sitting in mid table.

For the record I didn’t want Del removed.

I really hoped that he would succeed, but in the end things didn’t work out for him.

My point was the money we had to shell out to sack Del, Doc, and Jim & get O’Kelly in should have been spent on the named players, which mean that Del and Doc would still be here, and we’d be sitting in mid table.

Yeah , sorry , my comment wasn't aimed at you. I was hijacking your point about the compo and how that has hindered our potential for player signings.

I just can't see City avoiding the drop. I thought that when McInnes was in charge and despite the arrival of O'Driscoll I still think its too tall a order.

Some fans are right to be more optimistic than I and 1.5 points a game is indeed achievable in theory but its too late imo.

I'll be overjoyed if City do somehow escape but I won't be holding my breath.

I've written on another thread that we will get what we deserve. We are where we are because we put ourselves there,and if we carry on playing with no belief,passion and nouse we will stay there.

But the change in management and a couple of new faces along with a bit of instruction and confidence I think will improve things dramatically. I hope the players have more pride than to roll over so easily now.

I certainly feel a lot better than I did 2 weeks ago, a week is a long time in football don't they say!

Didnt someone once say " if you think you'll fail, or if you think you'll succeed, you'll probably be right."

Or something along those lines.

I wont be giving up anytime soon.

There was a guy named Vince Lombardi who coached the Green Bay Packers from no hopers to 5 x Championship titles back in the 1960's. He was famed for his motivational quotations, some of which I attach below because many of them are very appropriate in our situation:

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"

"If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."

"If you can accept losing you can't win."

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner."

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."

"Winners never quit and quitters never win."

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything."

There was a guy named Vince Lombardi who coached the Green Bay Packers from no hopers to 5 x Championship titles back in the 1960's. He was famed for his motivational quotations, some of which I attach below because many of them are very appropriate in our situation:

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"

"If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."

"If you can accept losing you can't win."

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner."

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."

"Winners never quit and quitters never win."

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything."

they should print that out and put it in the changing room

You would be as likely to win the Euromillions and National Lottery in the same weekend than Bristol City maintaining their championship status this season. We are down, not officially, but it requires us to win about 9 of the 19 games left, and we still have 8 points to make up on 4th bottom. If it was a matter of 3 maybe 4 points with a game in hand I would accept it was perfectly doable, realistically we are not going to become a team that will win 1 in 2 for the remainder of the season.

Heaton 'really cares about BCFC'?? Doubt it very much, he's only been here a matter of months and will almost certainly be off again at the end of the season.

Very unlikely Stead cares any more deeply about BCFC than he does his numerous previous clubs. He's another just passing through, and although he has put in commendable effort on occasions, it's unlikely he'll be too upset to be leaving City when his lucrative contract is not renewed.

He'll just move on to the next of his long list of clubs, probably on a similar wage despite limited overall contribution to BCFC's cause over 3 years.

Stead was player of the year last season and carried off the field in our last home game! I think his conribution could have been more under different circumstances and barring some injuries but credit where due when we needed it he came through with some vital goals and may do again!

Seems like many posters have accepted relegation this year and are already planning for life in league one. Where has the fight gone? The passion on match days before kick off? We have a new manager now, who I believe is the right man for the job. We need everybody down there on Saturday to give it a real go and a great boost for the lads. I understand you are all peed off at the minute and rightly so! But I ask you my fellow reds to give it a one last good go of it.

The players, the staff and the club need us more than ever! Accepting relegation will do us no favours for the rest of the campaign if we want to stay in this league. We need that passion and belief back from the stands ( I know it's hard ) but can we at least give it a go eh?

Up the City! It's not over yet...

Believe...... but it's down to the team now........ we don't play........ we support

I think that we (team) have made it very hard for us to stay up........ but I still hope we might.

Seriously not holding my breath but it ain't over till the end of the season.

UP THE CITY!

Think we were unbeaten the last 9 games last season. The odds are not good but I still think we can make it. Ipswich, SW. Barnsley, Hudds, Bolton, Birmingham home are games we can win and more homegames to. Think its to early to say L1. Its only to have a good run, and only its not so easy. But with a new manager and if the players will fight we can avoid relegation. Lets start tomorrow and surf on that when Watford is coming. As I see it we have to win tomorrow for the confidence and for the table. We have many top teams away but maybe we can take points even from them. Its not looking good but we still can make it. Lets all hope for a clean sheet tomorrow. Always believe.

Whilst I agree we are clearly up against it, I think its important to remember this team have got a lot more in the tank than they have been showing us lately. People seem to have forgotten the way we began this season when everything seemed to be dandy. It just goes to show that if SOD can miraculously shove a rocket up the arses of these players, then maybe, just maybe, we could actually have a chance of surviving this torrid season!

Up the reds!

Stead was player of the year last season and carried off the field in our last home game! I think his conribution could have been more under different circumstances and barring some injuries but credit where due when we needed it he came through with some vital goals and may do again!

Fair play to Stead, he was quick to voice his astonishment and embarrassment at receiving the award - not surprising after starting only about a third of the games and netting just 6 all season.

Yes, he, Bikey, Skuse and Gerken were collectively instrumental in City's survival during the run in, but the truth is it was the abject failure of so many players over the season as a whole that led to Stead being honoured for a short burst of committed performances and important goals at the end.

There were periods earlier in the season when his commitment and desire seemed far less and he was rightly dropped. I thought he'd be on his way this window but if not let's hope he can repay the fans with one last productive burst of form for Bristol City before he departs in the Summer.

Think we were unbeaten the last 9 games last season. The odds are not good but I still think we can make it. Ipswich, SW. Barnsley, Hudds, Bolton, Birmingham home are games we can win and more homegames to. Think its to early to say L1. Its only to have a good run, and only its not so easy. But with a new manager and if the players will fight we can avoid relegation. Lets start tomorrow and surf on that when Watford is coming. As I see it we have to win tomorrow for the confidence and for the table. We have many top teams away but maybe we can take points even from them. Its not looking good but we still can make it. Lets all hope for a clean sheet tomorrow. Always believe.

What a delightful phrase !

Archived