IGNORED

New Boys, Moloney And Kelly

Tom

Personally I thought Moloney was promising, when he beds in fully I expect him to to be an integral part of the team. Much better option than Wilson (who hopefully didn't blag a contract) or Foster (eugh).

Kelly came to life in the second life (along with the rest of the lads) and was pinging some good forward aerial passes towards the box.

Happy with these two lads and hope there's more to come.

I thought moloney looked decent.

I still think what little ive seen of kelly is that delboy has cost SL a few quid once again n left us with a substandard player. Hes not box to box as he stated. He hasnt put in a tackle worthy of the name, his pathetic 40 yard 'attempt' in 2nd half was a joke too.

However, only 3 games in so he clearly needs to find his feet. But i dont currently see any of the attributes derek said he was bringing to the team.

Moloney was excellent after a slow start. Loved his run in first half got a decent cross at the end too, sadly no one in the vicinity of it. Looked capable defending.

Kelly not sure about yet, he looks the part and played nicely in patches but shooting was woeful and passes often overhit. Pretty sure there's a lot more to come from him though.

Moloney was excellent after a slow start. Loved his run in first half got a decent cross at the end too, sadly no one in the vicinity of it. Looked capable defending.

Absolutely. That run got the crowd going, too.

If we see that sort of effort from players they'll get our backing, it was a decent debut all round from him, I thought.

Both did well I thought and Kelly in particular was more influential in the second half. He got far more involved with Kilkenny, Skuse and Moloney and some his play was neat if not exactly spectacular.

Moloney has Championship experience and that showed throughout. His pacy surge up the wing was the highlight.

Kelly not sure about yet, he looks the part and played nicely in patches but shooting was woeful and passes often overhit. Pretty sure there's a lot more to come from him though.

I thought Kelly has been a bit average, to say the least, in his first 3 matches. That said he looked better in the second half today, so hopefully he will be the “box to box” player as described by Del.

Think Kelly at 22 is a player who will start steady but get better and better as he adapts to the tempo of championship, especially as a midfielder, being chucked into a bottom placed team I wont judge him till next season but from what I've seen he looks like he has a bit more too him then Skuse and Kilkenny in midfield

I thought moloney looked decent.

I still think what little ive seen of kelly is that delboy has cost SL a few quid once again n left us with a substandard player. Hes not box to box as he stated. He hasnt put in a tackle worthy of the name, his pathetic 40 yard 'attempt' in 2nd half was a joke too.

However, only 3 games in so he clearly needs to find his feet. But i dont currently see any of the attributes derek said he was bringing to the team.

i thought they both looked decent,Kelly changed the game moved more central 2nd half,i think he will prove a bargin buy from del

To be fair to Kelly, he was being played on the right which isn't his preferred position. I'd be tempted to move Anderson out right, use Kelly centrally with Skuse and have Bryan back down the left.

As for Moloney. 50% bigger than Foster and 100% better is my verdict. An assured debut.

To be fair to Kelly, he was being played on the right which isn't his preferred position. I'd be tempted to move Anderson out right, use Kelly centrally with Skuse and have Bryan back down the left.

As for Moloney. 50% bigger than Foster and 100% better is my verdict. An assured debut.

Agreed. They both did well, Kelly played much of the game out of position and did fine.

I thought that our new full back was a breath of fresh air, but to be fair I reckon I'm better than Foster and my left leg doesn't work properly from the knee down.

Thought Maloney looked much more solid than Foster ever did whilst only sacrificing a little going forward. I haven't really been too impressed with Kelly though if I'm honest, he just seems like another Skuse, who I don't particularly rate. But I'll give him time, it can't have been an easy couple of weeks for him!

If you were told Kelly was a box to box midfielder you were conned sadly. Decent player but will sit deeper. I watched him and reported on him four times last season.... He ain't box to box. Neither however is he sub standard.

4 times makes you an expert??looks ok in the 3 ive seen him and will only get better

Give it a rest pal! Kelly has already proven to me that he will put in a shift, make plenty of tackles and play a lot of forward, probing passes. Certainly more than a certain Bristolian hero has done!

If you were told Kelly was a box to box midfielder you were conned sadly. Decent player but will sit deeper. I watched him and reported on him four times last season.... He ain't box to box. Neither however is he sub standard.

4 times makes you an expert??looks ok in the 3 ive seen him and will only get better

I think you misunderstood the fella's point. He said he thinks Kelly is decent, but is not what was said on the tin.

For me, he's a player who can play in front of the back four or pushing on, not necessarily box-to-box, but will put himself about and cover as much grass as he needs to.

I didn't want to bring this back to our great friend Skuse, but Kelly has shown more for me in 3 games than Skuse has all season, in terms of tracking men, putting in challenges, playing forward thoughtful passes, covering ground, having a pop at goal, helping the back four and generally DOING THE JOB he's out there to do.

A much more all round and dynamic midfielder than Skuse will ever be.

Archived