IGNORED

Cardiff City Debt!

Dolman Block B

Twice ours

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2013/01/25/cardiff-city-record-13-5m-loss-as-debt-rises-to-83m-91466-32678004/

What if the Asian owners pull out if they do not get promotion?

Lets do our bit on the 16th Feb to make sure they dont

Think they will go up finally this season but have a feeling we'll do the the double over them infront of 1500 travelling fans ala Southampton last season. Now would'nt that be sweet !

Twice ours

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2013/01/25/cardiff-city-record-13-5m-loss-as-debt-rises-to-83m-91466-32678004/

What if the Asian owners pull out if they do not get promotion?

Lets do our bit on the 16th Feb to make sure they dont

Arn

If ever there was a case to give a manager decent funds to win promotion Cardiff are that case.

We've taken the mick many times but them and their near neighbours are gonna be in the prem next season, where are we gonna be?

They will be promoted though so that debt will be taken care of.

Not likely. Even if they are promoted, even though the Prem gives you £60m of extra income, it will also give you a whole lot of extra costs. Cardiff are utterly moronic with money so they'll spend huge, probably do £20-30m on transfers and add the same amount to their wage bill. Because they're so stupid, there's every chance they will come back down with bigger debt AND losing money at a faster rate.

Not likely. Even if they are promoted, even though the Prem gives you £60m of extra income, it will also give you a whole lot of extra costs. Cardiff are utterly moronic with money so they'll spend huge, probably do £20-30m on transfers and add the same amount to their wage bill. Because they're so stupid, there's every chance they will come back down with bigger debt AND losing money at a faster rate.

All depends on how well they can tap into the Malaysian market if they get to the prem and stay there. That is one huge money making market for them, if marketed correctly. Do it right they could become very big, do it poorly, and they could implode

^

This

It is pretty essential that we go up this year.

Debt, while never a good thing isn't a problem though unless it cannot be managed. I would hope a decent chunk of the financial benefits of the premiership (if we get there) will go to reducing the debt, but I don't expect it to be wiped out at all.

God knows what is happening at Cardiff CIty anyway. This really is one of the most mental football clubs in Britain, and I have no idea what the next year has in store for us. No one really knows how rich or how ambitious VIncent Tan (the chairman) is. No one knows what he wants to do next. No one knows how much he'll invest. No one knows if the badge or name or nickname will change again. No one knows if some games will be shifted to the Millennium stadium should we go up.

It's a roller coaster. I'm enjoying it. I'm keen for us to get to the premiership for prestige and economic reasons but I must say, a decent chunk of my club died for me when we became red.

Debt, while never a good thing isn't a problem though unless it cannot be managed. I would hope a decent chunk of the financial benefits of the premiership (if we get there) will go to reducing the debt, but I don't expect it to be wiped out at all.

God knows what is happening at Cardiff CIty anyway. This really is one of the most mental football clubs in Britain, and I have no idea what the next year has in store for us. No one really knows how rich or how ambitious VIncent Tan (the chairman) is. No one knows what he wants to do next. No one knows how much he'll invest. No one knows if the badge or name or nickname will change again. No one knows if some games will be shifted to the Millennium stadium should we go up.

It's a roller coaster. I'm enjoying it. I'm keen for us to get to the premiership for prestige and economic reasons but I must say, a decent chunk of my club died for me when we became red.

Looks like youv'e all been had.

Fair play fella. Honest and decent post that

All depends on how well they can tap into the Malaysian market if they get to the prem and stay there. That is one huge money making market for them, if marketed correctly. Do it right they could become very big, do it poorly, and they could implode

The Malaysians I work with are barely interested in Man Utd, they won't give a toss about Cardiff City. Nobody pays for anything branded anyway, you can buy good knock offs for 1/20th the price and that's what everyone does. They will make next to nothing out of the far east, it's only the top few clubs that do anything significant there.

The Malaysians I work with are barely interested in Man Utd, they won't give a toss about Cardiff City. Nobody pays for anything branded anyway, you can buy good knock offs for 1/20th the price and that's what everyone does. They will make next to nothing out of the far east, it's only the top few clubs that do anything significant there.

Aye, as far as I know Liverpool have that market sewn up. But.... Surely they can claw into some of that, they should be able to given their owners know how of the country. Anyway, the millions and millions of Malaysians, who love their football, they should be able to get something out of that market.

It will be interesting to see what these Malaysians can pull off. From what I understand, the cost of football shirts in Malaysia are priced accordingly,

But you are right, I can't see there being that much interest from Fans, it is the Malaysian companies where the big bucks are to be had. Great advertising opportunities to be had in the Prem. Add to that maybe the odd Malaysian player thrown in to get a bit more of the spotlight thrown on the club.

The Malaysian people don't really care about supporting Premiership clubs. They certainly love the whole betting side of things but don't really do the whole "fan" thing like a lot of the world does

I'm not sure what this Malaysian market is that Tan is trying to tap into tbh

Aye, as far as I know Liverpool have that market sewn up. But.... Surely they can claw into some of that, they should be able to given their owners know how of the country. Anyway, the millions and millions of Malaysians, who love their football, they should be able to get something out of that market.

It will be interesting to see what these Malaysians can pull off. From what I understand, the cost of football shirts in Malaysia are priced accordingly,

But you are right, I can't see there being that much interest from Fans, it is the Malaysian companies where the big bucks are to be had. Great advertising opportunities to be had in the Prem. Add to that maybe the odd Malaysian player thrown in to get a bit more of the spotlight thrown on the club.

I don't understand where the money is supposed to come from. Any Prem club has already covered every surface they can with sponsorship and ads, Malay firms will not pay more than Western ones - quite the reverse! Whatever they get out of Malaysia will be a pittance compared to the expenses they are going to incur with their crazy spending whether they go up or not - it certainly won't make a difference on an £80m+ debt or a £60m+ expenditure.

I don't understand where the money is supposed to come from. Any Prem club has already covered every surface they can with sponsorship and ads, Malay firms will not pay more than Western ones - quite the reverse! Whatever they get out of Malaysia will be a pittance compared to the expenses they are going to incur with their crazy spending whether they go up or not - it certainly won't make a difference on an £80m+ debt or a £60m+ expenditure.

Well that is for the Malaysian owners to work out. They should know how to best promote their product in their country. Time will tell, but Malaysia and Malaysians are not a particularly poor country. Much will depend on Cardiff staying in the Prem. There are some very rich individuals in Malaysia, who may use the Cardiff as some sort of foot hold into the UK. Some large investments from these types could make a big difference. Of course they will have to play by premier league rules.

Well that is for the Malaysian owners to work out. They should know how to best promote their product in their country. Time will tell, but Malaysia and Malaysians are not a particularly poor country. Much will depend on Cardiff staying in the Prem. There are some very rich individuals in Malaysia, who may use the Cardiff as some sort of foot hold into the UK. Some large investments from these types could make a big difference. Of course they will have to play by premier league rules.

Sounds like a fantasy to me, there's no credible reason having Malaysian owners is going to land Cardiff loads of free money from abroad, certainly not enough to make even the smallest of dents in that debt.

Debt is normal throughout the divisions, like a lot of clubs including yourselves we have someone keeping us afloat, servicing the debt. A chunk of the stated debt is owed to Tan himself, which he could convert to equity should he so wish. Whether he does or not matters not much at the moment as at present he is bankrolling the club.

Another sizeable amount is owed to Hammam which I'm optimistic will be settled in the summer, especially were we to gain promotion.

I doubt many clubs are ready for the new financial rules, it's a nasty cycle, to be competitive in the league it seems most clubs will inevitably make losses, try and run a tight ship and you may well get relegated to league 1 and that isn't going to help anything. I'm sure I read somewhere that relegated clubs from the Premier League will not be subject to the finance rules for a season or two, that combined with parachute payments I think may well start to make the unpredictable Championship a whole more predictable.

Everyone is talking about Malaysians and so on but missing the fact that the metropolitan area of Cardiff holds 850k people and that's before we include the valleys and surrounding areas. Cardiff is also the capital of Wales and whilst Swansea may be a better team and have a better financial situation Cardiff will always be the easier of the two to market to the larger majority of Welsh fans.

So whilst people argue about the Malaysians and how much they'll draw from that market they seem to forget that's an additional market to the already huge market they have, the Welsh. Swanseas support has exploded since making it to the Premier League and if Cardiff make it there is honestly not be surprised to see a lot of uninterested "fans" taking an extra interest, hell I'd probably go watch a match or two being as the ground is 20 mins from my house. Cardiff will ultimately draw a lot more fans and see attendances maxed out as fans of opposition teams will turn up to watch Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and so on.

Shirt sales will also go up a lot, because the Welsh are overly proud of their nationality as well as the club. They'll buy shirts just to say "My Welsh club are a Premier League club and I'm proud to wear their shirt"... that may sound stupid but living here for 20 years I've seen it, anything they can wear to show their Welsh pride, they will and with the dragon now being the main feature if the badge it's more of a push to the Welsh than the blue birds.

All in all promotion to the Premier league untaps a lot more income than the Malaysians, if opens glory supporters, it opens the Welsh, it opens better prospects to the Malaysians (Having Malaysia on the front of the shirt is an added inventor ice for them to buy it) and it untaps people like myself who don't have to travel far to watch Premier League football.

I think we can discuss Cardiff on these forums all day long but the bottom line is the vast majority want to see Cardiff fail because of the rivalry (which will be long gone next year when they are two promotions ahead of us. So how about we leave them to their doings and stop saying how we can do the double over them as it could be very humiliating if they thump us like they did in the not so distant pass and go on to Premier League football with that being our last game against them.

No one knows if some games will be shifted to the Millennium stadium should we go up.

Is that actually allowed??

Can't see how that would constitute a level playing field... I mean, using a different stadium whilst a stadium is being rebuilt/renovated etc is one thing, but you can't just chop and change like that to sit yourself when playing the biiig un's to cram more in surely?

Is that actually allowed??

Can't see how that would constitute a level playing field... I mean, using a different stadium whilst a stadium is being rebuilt/renovated etc is one thing, but you can't just chop and change like that to sit yourself when playing the biiig un's to cram more in surely?

Can't see that being the case otherwise we would have seen spurs for instance, using wembley for london derbies or the visit of man utd.

Everyone is talking about Malaysians and so on but missing the fact that the metropolitan area of Cardiff holds 850k people and that's before we include the valleys and surrounding areas. Cardiff is also the capital of Wales and whilst Swansea may be a better team and have a better financial situation Cardiff will always be the easier of the two to market to the larger majority of Welsh fans.

So whilst people argue about the Malaysians and how much they'll draw from that market they seem to forget that's an additional market to the already huge market they have, the Welsh. Swanseas support has exploded since making it to the Premier League and if Cardiff make it there is honestly not be surprised to see a lot of uninterested "fans" taking an extra interest, hell I'd probably go watch a match or two being as the ground is 20 mins from my house. Cardiff will ultimately draw a lot more fans and see attendances maxed out as fans of opposition teams will turn up to watch Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and so on.

Shirt sales will also go up a lot, because the Welsh are overly proud of their nationality as well as the club. They'll buy shirts just to say "My Welsh club are a Premier League club and I'm proud to wear their shirt"... that may sound stupid but living here for 20 years I've seen it, anything they can wear to show their Welsh pride, they will and with the dragon now being the main feature if the badge it's more of a push to the Welsh than the blue birds.

All in all promotion to the Premier league untaps a lot more income than the Malaysians, if opens glory supporters, it opens the Welsh, it opens better prospects to the Malaysians (Having Malaysia on the front of the shirt is an added inventor ice for them to buy it) and it untaps people like myself who don't have to travel far to watch Premier League football.

I think we can discuss Cardiff on these forums all day long but the bottom line is the vast majority want to see Cardiff fail because of the rivalry (which will be long gone next year when they are two promotions ahead of us. So how about we leave them to their doings and stop saying how we can do the double over them as it could be very humiliating if they thump us like they did in the not so distant pass and go on to Premier League football with that being our last game against them.

Seems to me,that your getting ready to jump ship.

As a BCFC fan, why the xxxx would you pay money to watch Cardiff playing another team.

Staggering.

Archived