IGNORED

Cardiff City Debt!

Dolman Block B

Thing is a fan wouldn't dream of giving one penny to any other club unless we are playing them,where as a football follower would,I and everyone I go with would never watch any other team just to watch a game.Would you watch the gas if they were playing a big team in the FA cup just to watch a game.

Total rowlocks. When I lived in Southampton I watched them, and did the same in Reading* and in Streatham (God help me, Crystal Palace). Doesn't stop me being City Til I Die :city:

You may find it hard to believe, but in the old Black and White days, a lot of people watched all the Bristol home games, City and Rovers. Of course, it didn't cost an arm and a leg in those days :)

* I always said I've never cross the street to see Reading play and I never did. I lived just round the corner from Elm Park.

Thing is a fan wouldn't dream of giving one penny to any other club unless we are playing them,where as a football follower would,I and everyone I go with would never watch any other team just to watch a game.Would you watch the gas if they were playing a big team in the FA cup just to watch a game.

A football follower wouldn't spend hundreds on train travel and tickets ie. Ipswich.

As for the highlighted bit, actually I would as I want to visit all 92 grounds. I'd sit with the away support though.

Total rowlocks. When I lived in Southampton I watched them, and did the same in Reading* and in Streatham (God help me, Crystal Palace). Doesn't stop me being City Til I Die :city: You may find it hard to believe, but in the old Black and White days, a lot of people watched all the Bristol home games, City and Rovers. Of course, it didn't cost an arm and a leg in those days :) * I always said I've never cross the street to see Reading play and I never did. I lived just round the corner from Elm Park.
Well on a personal level I couldn't bring myself to watch anyone else as it's got to mean something,watching a game of football for the sake of it leaves me cold.

Well on a personal level I couldn't bring myself to watch anyone else as it's got to mean something,watching a game of football for the sake of it leaves me cold.

That's quite depressing really.

Sometimes watching a game as a neutral is better as there are no emotions behind it and you can appreciate good football for what it is.

I find that really odd. Do you not enjoy a good game regardless of who's playing? I've even been known to watch games on the Downs when we've been out walking.

So you have never watched a game on tv, a FA cup final? not even the world cup? or England?

That's quite depressing really. Sometimes watching a game as a neutral is better as there are no emotions behind it and you can appreciate good football for what it is.
Hardly depressing is it,of course I watch games on TV,and really good games at that ,but at the end of the day the result means nothing to me.

That's my point,whilst watching City the result means everything,whilst watching anyone else it doesn't,good game or not.

But if it is a good game then you have enjoyed watching some football that is not Bristol City, regardless of result - would you not agree ?

But if it is a good game then you have enjoyed watching some football that is not Bristol City, regardless of result - would you not agree ?
Yes,but I haven't given a penny to any other club have I,people on here actually pay to watch other teams.

Never been to an away match then

Best read my previous post,where I said I would not pay to watch any other team unless we were playing them.As for away matches ,went to every away game from about 75 until about 85 and many,many since and going to Cardiff,

Yes,but I haven't given a penny to any other club have I,people on here actually pay to watch other teams.

Of course. How else does one get to see them live?

Mind you, I think I see what you're thinking. For you, it's all about who you give the money to. Quite honestly, that never crossed my mind.

Maybe the game wasn't all about the money in my day.

Out of interest do you subscribe to Sky sports? That would surely be the same as putting money into other clubs?

It cost me £70 quid to travel to the Ipswich game on Saturday. Truth is I can't afford that every week (not taking into account ticket to the game etc)- I can however, if I choose, walk to the Etihad and pay £35 to watch the champions of England.

I love Bristol City- sure. But I also enjoy just simply watching football, seeing some of the best players in the world. I will be able to tell my grand kids that I saw the likes of Tevez, Silva and Aguero playing for Manchester City and the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes playing at Old Trafford. Not to mention the host of "stars" playing in the opposition.

If I lived in Bristol I would be a ST holder and would never watch a game without them playing in it, but I don't. I feel no affection to these teams, I just want to watch football.

(Also for those who complain about the atmosphere at the Gate- you have obviously never sat in the home end at Old Trafford or the second tier at the Etihad! :whistle: )

Yawn Yawn Yawn no wonder it seems we are obsessed with Cardiff City.I love the fact that we shake our heads and take the moral high ground regarding the Kit change But in all honesty what could supporters do.If an owner wants to change things they can(I remember when we had a Robin on our shirts) so are we no longer the Robins now its gone?.As for debt every club has it.Unfortunately its a sad fact of football today.And a reminder when we say they are "Not the biggest club in Wales".If we go down we may not be the biggest in the South West .Sorry to be so pro Cardiff but im sick of reading about them on a Bristol City forum !!

Yawn Yawn Yawn no wonder it seems we are obsessed with Cardiff City.I love the fact that we shake our heads and take the moral high ground regarding the Kit change But in all honesty what could supporters do.If an owner wants to change things they can(I remember when we had a Robin on our shirts) so are we no longer the Robins now its gone?.As for debt every club has it.Unfortunately its a sad fact of football today.And a reminder when we say they are "Not the biggest club in Wales".If we go down we may not be the biggest in the South West .Sorry to be so pro Cardiff but im sick of reading about them on a Bristol City forum !!

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn don't read it then, it's a football forum and this is a discussion about football.

The robin on the shirt came into use in the mid 70's, the badge on todays is the original, so false argument.

Probably because you support Cardiff isn't it ;)

Go on your own forum if you don't like ours.

You can chat to your fellow reds on there!

Just about sums up your modern day football follower,you are not city fan as a fan is a fanatic,you have no concept of history ,rivalry or putting your team above all others.Stick to sky and watch all the top English teams play from the comfort of your armchair,oh and buy yourself an assortment of shirts to wear whilst watching said teams.

Oh shut the **** up and get over yourself! Not a City fan? So when I wear my City shirt around Cardiff I'm not a City fan? So when I go watch games despite having to travel twice as far as the average fan and pay twice as much as the average fan I'm not a fan?

I suppose when I took a kicking and lost sight in one of my eyes for 48 hours because I refused to take off my City shirt in Canton when I was just 15... again that means nothing...

I'm sorry but you do not have to be fanatical to be a fan. I have more than enough understanding of rivalry, more so than you being as I live in the City of our "current rivals" and as I said before I still wear my City shirt regardless of what they think. The difference between me and you judging by your stance is that my brain is still working, maybe because I haven't drowned it in cider to prove I "belong".

The only shirts I own that are not City are Napoli and a Chelsea shirt I bought for £15 to wear to football training because our club didn't cater for my size at the time.

I'm fed up of some of the City fans like yourself who get on some kind of high horse and claim "I'm more of a fan than you are", what a crock of shit! I think a true fan sticks by his club regardless and I have done that, I could support Cardiff City, I've lived here longer than I have in Bristol and although my daughters shirts are red they don't feature a dragon but the Bristol City crest. My girls will be City fans just as I am due to my father and I'll be a city fan for as long as I live regardless of what you think. Try getting out of the 70's, my club comes first but it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy watching another team play when I cannot travel to see my own.

An excellent well thought through argument.So if i disagree with you i obviously support Cardiff ! ....Brilliant ,and they say debate is dead !

You have sort "dug a hole" though. 18 posts would indicate that you might be from the wrong side of the bridge and taking the piss.

Think you need to take a photo of your hands and post on here.

Anymore than four fingers on both then you could have a problem!!!

Oh shut the **** up and get over yourself! Not a City fan? So when I wear my City shirt around Cardiff I'm not a City fan? So when I go watch games despite having to travel twice as far as the average fan and pay twice as much as the average fan I'm not a fan?I suppose when I took a kicking and lost sight in one of my eyes for 48 hours because I refused to take off my City shirt in Canton when I was just 15... again that means nothing...I'm sorry but you do not have to be fanatical to be a fan. I have more than enough understanding of rivalry, more so than you being as I live in the City of our "current rivals" and as I said before I still wear my City shirt regardless of what they think. The difference between me and you judging by your stance is that my brain is still working, maybe because I haven't drowned it in cider to prove I "belong".The only shirts I own that are not City are Napoli and a Chelsea shirt I bought for £15 to wear to football training because our club didn't cater for my size at the time.I'm fed up of some of the City fans like yourself who get on some kind of high horse and claim "I'm more of a fan than you are", what a crock of shit! I think a true fan sticks by his club regardless and I have done that, I could support Cardiff City, I've lived here longer than I have in Bristol and although my daughters shirts are red they don't feature a dragon but the Bristol City crest. My girls will be City fans just as I am due to my father and I'll be a city fan for as long as I live regardless of what you think. Try getting out of the 70's, my club comes first but it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy watching another team play when I cannot travel to see my own.

Oh shut the **** up and get over yourself! Not a City fan? So when I wear my City shirt around Cardiff I'm not a City fan? So when I go watch games despite having to travel twice as far as the average fan and pay twice as much as the average fan I'm not a fan?I suppose when I took a kicking and lost sight in one of my eyes for 48 hours because I refused to take off my City shirt in Canton when I was just 15... again that means nothing...I'm sorry but you do not have to be fanatical to be a fan. I have more than enough understanding of rivalry, more so than you being as I live in the City of our "current rivals" and as I said before I still wear my City shirt regardless of what they think. The difference between me and you judging by your stance is that my brain is still working, maybe because I haven't drowned it in cider to prove I "belong".The only shirts I own that are not City are Napoli and a Chelsea shirt I bought for £15 to wear to football training because our club didn't cater for my size at the time.I'm fed up of some of the City fans like yourself who get on some kind of high horse and claim "I'm more of a fan than you are", what a crock of shit! I think a true fan sticks by his club regardless and I have done that, I could support Cardiff City, I've lived here longer than I have in Bristol and although my daughters shirts are red they don't feature a dragon but the Bristol City crest. My girls will be City fans just as I am due to my father and I'll be a city fan for as long as I live regardless of what you think. Try getting out of the 70's, my club comes first but it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy watching another team play when I cannot travel to see my own.

Wow personal abuse,I mean shut the **** up oooooh get you,did I claim to be a better supporter than you no,and my brain works perfectly well thanks,as for drinking lots of cider,I have never been a big drinker as I like to be in control of my actions.as for being stuck in the 70's I was very young back then,but as a City fan felt a lot closer to my fellow fans than I do now,not so many factions,but I stick to what I said about modern supporters,I don't get the need to watch other teams and that's my opinion ,if you don't like it ,so be it.

I've got friends who support Bristol City and I've seen the odd Bristol City game with them. Thoroughly enjoyed it, had a few pints before and after, no problem whatsoever.

Same goes for friends who support other clubs. I've been to watch Swansea and Newport County too.

I may support Cardiff, but that doesn't mean that I'll look a gift horse in the mouth and refuse to partake in an enjoyable day out watching a game elsewhere.

All these people saying you should only ever watch your own club. Do you have friends in other cities? If they invited you over for a weekend, watch a game, have a beer a nice meal out etc, would you really refuse to go?

You may think that makes you Bristol City's ultimate fan, but it also makes you a bit of a knob.

Life is too short for stuff like that, and ultimately football is too unimportant. People should save moral purchases or boycotts for more important things in my opinion

Archived