IGNORED

E.e Today

XJAP

Nice for City fans to be behind the goal today, and for Ipswich to be bunched up!

They brought 897 according to their website.

Decent atmosphere and everything, but I have two questions..

1) How come when buying tickets online for this game, only blocks G & H were available? Many of my mates wanted to pay the intial £20 price, but couldn't get a ticket online so gave the game a miss..

2) As block B & C for away fans holds over 1700, and the majority of teams don't bring that many fans, will we be behind the goal in future games?

Thanks.

Went behind the goal for a change but forgot how bad the view is when the crossbar is in your line of vision ! Moved a block for 2nd half.

I think a few may have followed you, the fans in the lower section behind the goal seemed to dissapear at the start of the 2nd half!

I think a few may have followed you, the fans in the lower section behind the goal seemed to dissapear at the start of the 2nd half!

The ones in front of me vanished after the Ipswich goal ! Hopefully they only moved elsewhere otherwise that may be a record for leaving early.

Emailed Dave L about this in the past. Club safety officer makes decision on size of segregation after liasing with the police and local safety authorities. I originally asked DL about it as I thought it was soley down to the police and cited double standards because Southampton used two seats to separate us from home fans at St Mary's last season not two blocks. I know St Marys is a newer stadium but it still doesn't make sense to me.

There were seats available to buy online for the EE this morning so I would have thought your mates should have been able to buy some for £20 whenever that was, sometimes its better to ring the club if you don't succeed online they might have let you have some for the early price

The ee was to spread out which killed the atmosphere it was non existent in the first half and only came to life after we scored

I think that was due to what was happening on the pitch, there was a general lack of belief around the ground until Davies' goal which woke everyone up. Steads winner will surely give everyone a lift.

Bit of critique. Thought the veterans side use of old skool classics dictated the tempo first half. City mixed it up second forty five and the young un's delivery was sometimes rushed like an Elliot pass. Once the development squad gain experience and realise the verses need a few more touches before launching goalwards the chorus they will do alright.

It seems that when we are more spread out in the EE there is always a conflict with two songs going on at a time.When we are bunched up everyone sings the same song.

Correct alot of people want to be behind the goal in the ee which is fair enough as its our end but with this it does lose the atmosphere unless its near sell out. When we play teams with a big away following we do create a better atmosphere whether it's because we step the game up because the away fans are loud or because we are bunched together either way we are generally alot louder.

Nice for City fans to be behind the goal today, and for Ipswich to be bunched up!

They brought 897 according to their website.

Decent atmosphere and everything, but I have two questions..

1) How come when buying tickets online for this game, only blocks G & H were available? Many of my mates wanted to pay the intial £20 price, but couldn't get a ticket online so gave the game a miss..

2) As block B & C for away fans holds over 1700, and the majority of teams don't bring that many fans, will we be behind the goal in future games?

Thanks.

I was thinking about going down and looked online for the EE late friday evening and there were about 15 tickets left so I'm not sure why your mates couldn't get a ticket?? Did they try on matchday??

Didn't hear the EE once from the Dolman. Not like it used to be.

I didn't go down yesterday and the EE hasn't been a patch on what it used to be like for years but still make a decent atmosphere at times.

What block were you in? You must have been in block G as the side of the stand blocks the noise apparently. I went in Dolman Block B this season against Blackpool and heard EE loud and clear all game...

From my perspective, the atmoshpere behind the goal and by the Town fans was great,

although I do agree, at numerous times there were 2 completely different chants/songs happening at the same time. =/

Perhaps if City reduced prices and succeeded in attracting a sell out crowd in E.E, the fans and the singing would be more in flow?

From my perspective, the atmoshpere behind the goal and by the Town fans was great, although I do agree, at numerous times there were 2 completely different chants/songs happening at the same time. =/ Perhaps if City reduced prices and succeeded in attracting a sell out crowd in E.E, the fans and the singing would be more in flow?
Reduce prices is all well and good saying this but. 1) Season ticket holders need a fair deal. They always need about a 20-30% saving. You can't just start seeking every game at a fiver. 2) £5 a game isn't going to pay £15 million pound wages a year

Reduce prices is all well and good saying this but. 1) Season ticket holders need a fair deal. They always need about a 20-30% saving. You can't just start seeking every game at a fiver. 2) £5 a game isn't going to pay £15 million pound wages a year

Was thinking a tenner adults, fiver juniors?

Perhaps bring a new pricing structure in E.E for next season, and make it fair for E.E season ticket holders aswell?

Was thinking a tenner adults, fiver juniors? Perhaps bring a new pricing structure in E.E for next season, and make it fair for E.E season ticket holders aswell?
Again it can't happen this season or next. Why well.. This season needs to be fair to season ticket holders £10 a game wouldn't be fair for 2nd half of season AND Next season belts need tightening. As much as people think Lansdown will put in more money is wrong. At £41 mill being written off he refuses to do it any longer. Wages need to be financed by the ticket sales alone. Paying small fees and nothing for players says one thing. Doing things on cheap.

Again it can't happen this season or next. Why well.. This season needs to be fair to season ticket holders £10 a game wouldn't be fair for 2nd half of season AND Next season belts need tightening. As much as people think Lansdown will put in more money is wrong. At £41 mill being written off he refuses to do it any longer. Wages need to be financed by the ticket sales alone. Paying small fees and nothing for players says one thing. Doing things on cheap.

Well in that case, I'm saddened by the fact we will continue to only attract 12k crowds, even less if we get relegated...

Ive never understood why the club dont make the tickets 15 quid a pop and 20 quid pay on the day, slightly more than seaon tickets and would get the gate near enough full most games surely? Maths isnt my strong point but 16-19k at 15-20 quid has gotta be better than 12k at 20-28?

I have made this point numerous times, it's common sense to me.

But I still believe it should be a £10-12 advanced in E.E - Gurantee we would near enough sell out

and POTD tickets in E.E go up to £15

Ive never understood why the club dont make the tickets 15 quid a pop and 20 quid pay on the day, slightly more than seaon tickets and would get the gate near enough full most games surely? Maths isnt my strong point but 16-19k at 15-20 quid has gotta be better than 12k at 20-28?

Is that enough then. Is it more than 12k at full price. Have you got certainty that 19k will walk through week in week out?

12k time 28 = 336k

16k times 15 = 240k

Think the club would argue its not enough for the championship. We are fighting more and more clubs year after year with big foreign investment. And then there's those clubs that turn over 4 times the money and fans without the foreign investment. We are struggling as a club to compete in a rich league

I watched the game from the EE and thought the atmosphere was great, so as I'm not a regular user it's difficult for me to make comparisons with other games. Kevin Smith and I spent the day mingling with fans and here's a few observations on my day.

As a first time visitor, I thought the 3 Lions was the best football pub I have ever been to, bar none. Great City memorabilia and atmosphere. Had some good chats. We need a bar like that at the ground.

Enjoyed the walk along North St and was interested to see how late many people arrive at the ground.

Thought the stewarding in the EE was relaxed and friendly. Kevin and I stood in the middle for the first half. It didn't really bother me that people were singing different songs at different speeds - I thought it added to the atmosphere if anything.

Managed to get out of the EE and into the Dolman Hall before the end of the half without any problem. Lots of people queuing for food and drink, but everyone seemed to get served Ok.

We moved over and stood by the netting for the second half. This area seems to be mainly populated by adolescent boys.

I found it very amusing when they all rushed the netting when we scored and seemed far more interested in baiting the away fans - some of them were doing the same to the stewards who were just doing their job. Typical teenagers. Thought the stewards dealt with them brilliantly with a hands off approach. Lots of unnecessary jumping on seats though, and some were broken as a result. £12 a time to fix by the way.

I don't think we can stop that rush to the netting. Boys will be boys, and they'll grow out of it in a year or two - only to be replaced by other little boys with raging testosterone. Clearly they'd run a mile if they actually got close to the away fans, so well done to the stewards for not letting them embarrass themselves. All I would ask is for people not to jump on the seats, and not to have a go at the stewards. It's totally unnecessary.

All in all, it was a great experience, and one I'll repeat soon. Clearly, we couldn't be in all of the stand, all of the time, and there may have been issues I wasn't aware of, but I think everyone at our club can be very proud of the EE. It gives a level of passion and support that you don't see at many other grounds. Lets continue to work together - fans and staff - to make sure that we maintain the energy, positivity and unique nature of the stand in the future.

Archived