IGNORED

E.e Today

XJAP

Smashing chairs up is not right.........full stop.

But it sounds like exuberance not deliberate vandalism and should be expected that things like this happen at a football grounds ?

Im pretty certain the prices for tickets incorporate some sort of caveat for repairs all ready, and as such your response comes across as extremely condescending.

Yet again we get the "your doing a great job supporting the club, BUT dont do this and dont do that, do as we say"..........................................

No, they're saying 'don't break seats, they are expensive to replace'. Condescending? Only if you think it reasonable to recklessly damage other people's property.

No, they're saying 'don't break seats, they are expensive to replace'. Condescending? Only if you think it reasonable to recklessly damage other people's property.

Did I say that ?

Please read the first sentence of my post, to deliberately break anything that belongs to some one else is wrong.

Im pretty sure chairs get broke at the cinema/opera/theatre and the prices reflect costs associated with replacements.

Football is passionate, if you dont want that then by all means sit there quite and enjoy the non experience, but at some stage the chair your sat on will still get broke whether you sit on it or stand on.

So yes DL posts come across as condescending to the EE.

Fair enough. So should we send you the bill for the broken seats, add it on to your ticket price, or expect other fans to pay the cost through their tickets? I'm just making the point that there is a financial consequence for every action, and somebody has to pay. If you're offering, that's great :-)

For what its worth, I would love to see our club be at the forefront of the SAFE standing campaign.

The EE is made for it,we can have the best of both worlds if the rules are set out from the start,

seats down at the front few rows,you stand on 'em you're out no if's or but's, lock the seats up a few rows back

and they can't be broke.

For what its worth, I would love to see our club be at the forefront of the SAFE standing campaign.

The EE is made for it,we can have the best of both worlds if the rules are set out from the start,

seats down at the front few rows,you stand on 'em you're out no if's or but's, lock the seats up a few rows back

and they can't be broke.

I agree. Safe standing rail seats should be brought in a.s.a.p for all E.E

And tbh, I think all seats should be locked up because the majority in E.E want to stand, or minimum 90%.

As E.E seems to be the stand for atmoshpere, singing and standing, I'd suggest if you want to sit down go elsewhere, because if City allowed some seats to be down, you may get aload of fans in front of you who want to stand and therefore the fans who want to sit down will have to stand up.

Did I say that ?

Please read the first sentence of my post, to deliberately break anything that belongs to some one else is wrong.

Im pretty sure chairs get broke at the cinema/opera/theatre and the prices reflect costs associated with replacements.

Football is passionate, if you dont want that then by all means sit there quite and enjoy the non experience, but at some stage the chair your sat on will still get broke whether you sit on it or stand on.

So yes DL posts come across as condescending to the EE.

Rather than pour over the minutiae of Dave L's post I think fans should look at the positives.

I think Dave L is making a clear commendable attempt to improve things. Other clubs are not as understanding over standing/broken seats.

Rather than pour over the minutiae of Dave L's post I think fans should look at the positives.

I think Dave L is making a clear commendable attempt to improve things. Other clubs are not as understanding over standing/broken seats.

Do you ?

I think, fans (I am) are fed up at being treated as second class citizens and DL has been in a comfy position for a number of years, now he has to deal with falling attendances and the "restless natives" and hes coming across as Mr nice guy to save his job.

Ive dealt with the man (one awful responsive email) and as a paying customer his attitude (as the representative of the club) was crap to be honest.

But you suck it up and commend him all you like, Im sure DL will meet you in BAR BS3 (now he knows where it is) and feed you some more of his PR rubbish.

I literally just sat down on a seat in the EE before kick-off and it broke, as has happened previously with me and my friend, and I'm not exactly a heavyweight champion. Plenty of these seats are not being slammed vigirously to their death as it is being made out so perhaps that £12 should be invested in better strength seats before the 'hooligans' of the Eastend get the blame again.

Fair enough. So should we send you the bill for the broken seats, add it on to your ticket price, or expect other fans to pay the cost through their tickets? I'm just making the point that there is a financial consequence for every action, and somebody has to pay. If you're offering, that's great :-)

Dave, I've been paying for years of managerial mistakes/overspend via my match day ticket, so what's a few broken seats added on to the bill!

I literally just sat down on a seat in the EE before kick-off and it broke, as has happened previously with me and my friend, and I'm not exactly a heavyweight champion. Plenty of these seats are not being slammed vigirously to their death as it is being made out so perhaps that £12 should be invested in better strength seats before the 'hooligans' of the Eastend get the blame again.

Agreed 100% had the same happen to me, £12......... 12p more like ???????????????

And I will lay money now "IF" (never happen boys, more rhetoric from the club) a natch tent opens the second somebody sings "your a gypo,or your mum smells of curry, or you have sexual liaisons with sheep " or retaliates because a gestapo (who are now Mother Teresa according to our Liaisons Manager) gets told to "leave me alone Im a 15 year old, on my own, skinny individual", it will get shut down under cries of drunken thugs.

And you know it.

Am I the only one who finds this post incredulous?? Fans liaison officer of 6? years standing and first time in 3Lions...noticing that fans arrive late...queue's at food outlets...beggars belief how out of touch you are with a great many fans! I know there is an agenda to improve the club/fan relationship and it has to have a starting point but...6 years!!

I'm a 30 year old life long bristol city fan and have never been in the 3lions either. I have also not been in the east end since it 'reopened'. We all have our individual routines, so I think it's unfair to critise Dave L for this. I'm a robins and ateyo man myself.

He didn't say he was 'shocked' by the queues either, and everyone got served too.

Cut the guy some slack. I applaud Dave L for his day in the 3lions EE, in fact it has tempted me to try this approach to city for a game or two! The EEs atmosphere is great, always been a poor view though!

I'm a 30 year old life long bristol city fan and have never been in the 3lions either. I have also not been in the east end since it 'reopened'. We all have our individual routines, so I think it's unfair to critise Dave L for this. I'm a robins and ateyo man myself.

He didn't say he was 'shocked' by the queues either, and everyone got served too.

Cut the guy some slack. I applaud Dave L for his day in the 3lions EE, in fact it has tempted me to try this approach to city for a game or two! The EEs atmosphere is great, always been a poor view though!

Think you miss my point slightly, what I find incredulous about DaveL's post was that he was doing and seeing things for the first time and having been in a liaison role for 6 years I feel that it should have been done long ago especially re the Three Lions. Fair play to you though for wanting to change your experience on a match day and if that's down to DaveL then he has done something worthwhile.

Do you ?

I think, fans (I am) are fed up at being treated as second class citizens and DL has been in a comfy position for a number of years, now he has to deal with falling attendances and the "restless natives" and hes coming across as Mr nice guy to save his job.

Ive dealt with the man (one awful responsive email) and as a paying customer his attitude (as the representative of the club) was crap to be honest.

But you suck it up and commend him all you like, Im sure DL will meet you in BAR BS3 (now he knows where it is) and feed you some more of his PR rubbish.

I am unaware of Mr Llyods employment situation, but taking yesterdays visitors ground as an example, Ipswich support does not enjoy the same opportunities City fans in the Eastend do. At Middlesbrough yesterday a section of support walked out in protest at the attitude of stewards.

Mistakes have been made, but BCFC right now are attempting to do better.

All in all, it was a great experience, and one I'll repeat soon. Clearly, we couldn't be in all of the stand, all of the time, and there may have been issues I wasn't aware of, but I think everyone at our club can be very proud of the EE. It gives a level of passion and support that you don't see at many other grounds. Lets continue to work together - fans and staff - to make sure that we maintain the energy, positivity and unique nature of the stand in the future.

Credit is deserved Dave. You've listened to what we said you should do, and have made a genuine effort over the past few weeks. A good read as well.

Keep it up. That's the hardest part.

Really! You must have been one of the few who left early and missed our winning goal as the EE was buzzing at the end!

No I stayed, but the entire ground was buzzing as you'd expect with a 90th minute winner, I meant throughout the game in general.

Was in Dolman B so quite far away.

Archived