IGNORED

E.e Today

XJAP

12k time 28 = 336k

16k times 15 = 240k

12,000 people don't pay 28quid a game... :S

1000 POTD x 25 = £25,000

4000 POTD x 15 = £60,000

Don't see why we don't keep all stands at the prices they are, but lower E.E like i said previously.

I watched the game from the EE and thought the atmosphere was great, so as I'm not a regular user it's difficult for me to make comparisons with other games. Kevin Smith and I spent the day mingling with fans and here's a few observations on my day.

As a first time visitor, I thought the 3 Lions was the best football pub I have ever been to, bar none. Great City memorabilia and atmosphere. Had some good chats. We need a bar like that at the ground.

Enjoyed the walk along North St and was interested to see how late many people arrive at the ground.

Thought the stewarding in the EE was relaxed and friendly. Kevin and I stood in the middle for the first half. It didn't really bother me that people were singing different songs at different speeds - I thought it added to the atmosphere if anything.

Managed to get out of the EE and into the Dolman Hall before the end of the half without any problem. Lots of people queuing for food and drink, but everyone seemed to get served Ok.

We moved over and stood by the netting for the second half. This area seems to be mainly populated by adolescent boys.

I found it very amusing when they all rushed the netting when we scored and seemed far more interested in baiting the away fans - some of them were doing the same to the stewards who were just doing their job. Typical teenagers. Thought the stewards dealt with them brilliantly with a hands off approach. Lots of unnecessary jumping on seats though, and some were broken as a result. £12 a time to fix by the way.

I don't think we can stop that rush to the netting. Boys will be boys, and they'll grow out of it in a year or two - only to be replaced by other little boys with raging testosterone. Clearly they'd run a mile if they actually got close to the away fans, so well done to the stewards for not letting them embarrass themselves. All I would ask is for people not to jump on the seats, and not to have a go at the stewards. It's totally unnecessary.

All in all, it was a great experience, and one I'll repeat soon. Clearly, we couldn't be in all of the stand, all of the time, and there may have been issues I wasn't aware of, but I think everyone at our club can be very proud of the EE. It gives a level of passion and support that you don't see at many other grounds. Lets continue to work together - fans and staff - to make sure that we maintain the energy, positivity and unique nature of the stand in the future.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in the E.E :)

I watched the game from the EE and thought the atmosphere was great, so as I'm not a regular user it's difficult for me to make comparisons with other games. Kevin Smith and I spent the day mingling with fans and here's a few observations on my day.

As a first time visitor, I thought the 3 Lions was the best football pub I have ever been to, bar none. Great City memorabilia and atmosphere. Had some good chats. We need a bar like that at the ground.

Enjoyed the walk along North St and was interested to see how late many people arrive at the ground.

Thought the stewarding in the EE was relaxed and friendly. Kevin and I stood in the middle for the first half. It didn't really bother me that people were singing different songs at different speeds - I thought it added to the atmosphere if anything.

Managed to get out of the EE and into the Dolman Hall before the end of the half without any problem. Lots of people queuing for food and drink, but everyone seemed to get served Ok.

We moved over and stood by the netting for the second half. This area seems to be mainly populated by adolescent boys.

I found it very amusing when they all rushed the netting when we scored and seemed far more interested in baiting the away fans - some of them were doing the same to the stewards who were just doing their job. Typical teenagers. Thought the stewards dealt with them brilliantly with a hands off approach. Lots of unnecessary jumping on seats though, and some were broken as a result. £12 a time to fix by the way.

I don't think we can stop that rush to the netting. Boys will be boys, and they'll grow out of it in a year or two - only to be replaced by other little boys with raging testosterone. Clearly they'd run a mile if they actually got close to the away fans, so well done to the stewards for not letting them embarrass themselves. All I would ask is for people not to jump on the seats, and not to have a go at the stewards. It's totally unnecessary.

All in all, it was a great experience, and one I'll repeat soon. Clearly, we couldn't be in all of the stand, all of the time, and there may have been issues I wasn't aware of, but I think everyone at our club can be very proud of the EE. It gives a level of passion and support that you don't see at many other grounds. Lets continue to work together - fans and staff - to make sure that we maintain the energy, positivity and unique nature of the stand in the future.

Can we get Tim to say "It's time to start Bouncing" Again please

1000 POTD x 25 = £25,000

4000 POTD x 15 = £60,000

Don't see why we don't keep all stands at the prices they are, but lower E.E like i said previously.

Lowering ticket prices doesn't always mean a sell out ether

Prove to the club that 4000 extra fans will come because we did a bring a friend for a tenner this season as part of. The st deal and guess what attendances stay the same

All young kids do it. I bet some of the oldies on here used to do it when they were a teenager. Every football club has kids like that, it's just the way it is and how it's been. Like you said, they will all grow out of it in a couple of years and look back and think what idiots they were.

1000 POTD x 25 = £25,000

4000 POTD x 15 = £60,000

There you go then! The only way of knowing for sure is for the club to trial it. But if you look at last seasons tenner a ticket games we sold out in all of those and it had a nock on effect to the pitch. Why not do the rest of the season at that and see what happens? If its clearly not made a difference and were wrong then change it back, not going to do any harm trying isit!

Would be interested to know Dave L's thoughts on this if your on here?

Fair play. Good to see somebody around BCFC who views the young lads juvenile ritual posturing as nothing more than what it is.

I would like to ask is some sort of facilty selling cans outside the stand a possibilty? Mobile bars positioned outside alongside vendors selling food is common abroad. It also can add to the the atmosphere i.e singing can start early outside.

I think there has been some talk of a natch tent outside the ee next season has there not?

We are looking to try this out for a couple of games this season if we can, and see how it goes. Some licensing issues to deal with first though. If it proves popular, then there's more chance of It being continued next season.

There you go then! The only way of knowing for sure is for the club to trial it. But if you look at last seasons tenner a ticket games we sold out in all of those and it had a nock on effect to the pitch. Why not do the rest of the season at that and see what happens? If its clearly not made a difference and were wrong then change it back, not going to do any harm trying isit!

Would be interested to know Dave L's thoughts on this if your on here?

+1

Against Coventry last year we attracted 19k when prices were lowered.

I.M.O if city could consider lowering prices for 2 or 3 games this season would be a plus

for example, I imagine the City vs Barnsley isn't going to attract a big crowd, not an amazing away following either so why not slash prices against 'un-interesting' teams? (Crucial for game for city still, so beneficial to attract a good backing + atmosphere)

Dave L, it's good to see your comments on here, however i find your opinion of the adolescent boys slightly condescending. I was sat behind the netting and many were actually adults (18+). These "boys" pay the same as everyone else and passionately support the team and are the basis of the future fan base for Bristol city. We do not want Ashton gate to become a library, so if the club looses a few £12 seats in the process of passionate support its not such a bad thing.

I stopped coming to games when seating became compulsory but since I have re-discovered the EE and its fantastic atmosphere it's reminded me of what the good old days use to be like and I will be coming with my friends more often from now on.

Look forward to seeing you next week Dave!

We are looking to try this out for a couple of games this season if we can, and see how it goes. Some licensing issues to deal with first though. If it proves popular, then there's more chance of It being continued next season.

Thats good to know, you will have one person there anyway for sure! Not sure if you saw my above post about ticket prices? would be interested to know your thoughts.

+1

I.M.O if city could consider lowering prices for 2 or 3 games this season would be a plus

for example, I imagine the City vs Barnsley isn't going to attract a big crowd, not an amazing away following either so why not slash prices against 'un-interesting' teams? (Crucial for game for city still, so beneficial to attract a good backing + atmosphere)

It makes sense from a football point of view thats for sure, a packed gate is an intimidating place for oppo teams!

so if the club looses a few £12 seats in the process of passionate support its not such a bad thing.

Fair enough. So should we send you the bill for the broken seats, add it on to your ticket price, or expect other fans to pay the cost through their tickets? I'm just making the point that there is a financial consequence for every action, and somebody has to pay. If you're offering, that's great :-)

+1

True, but because of the lower admission price, we actually took less in gate revenue than we would have done with an average sized crowd paying the full price. Clearly we benefited in terms of atmosphere, but lost out financially, and if we did that for every game we would have less money to spend on transfer fees and wages. It's a very difficult balancing act, but I'm sure we will be looking to do the odd deal before the end of the season.

Am I the only one who finds this post incredulous?? Fans liaison officer of 6? years standing and first time in 3Lions...noticing that fans arrive late...queue's at food outlets...beggars belief how out of touch you are with a great many fans! I know there is an agenda to improve the club/fan relationship and it has to have a starting point but...6 years!!

True, but because of the lower admission price, we actually took less in gate revenue than we would have done with an average sized crowd paying the full price. Clearly we benefited in terms of atmosphere, but lost out financially, and if we did that for every game we would have less money to spend on transfer fees and wages. It's a very difficult balancing act, but I'm sure we will be looking to do the odd deal before the end of the season.

Yes I understand,

I hope your right and we can attract one or two big attendances before the end of the season :)

If by any chance you know, What is the biggest attendance we can hold have minus segregation? 20,000?

Dave L, it's good to see your comments on here, however i find your opinion of the adolescent boys slightly condescending. I was sat behind the netting and many were actually adults (18+). These "boys" pay the same as everyone else and passionately support the team and are the basis of the future fan base for Bristol city. We do not want Ashton gate to become a library, so if the club looses a few £12 seats in the process of passionate support its not such a bad thing.

I stopped coming to games when seating became compulsory but since I have re-discovered the EE and its fantastic atmosphere it's reminded me of what the good old days use to be like and I will be coming with my friends more often from now on.

Look forward to seeing you next week Dave!

Should maybe act there age? If considered adults?

Dave - you can stop them, and I've been saying you can for years. If you continue to put a big sea of netting in place, those pathetic kids by the net will act the 'billy big bollocks' to all away fans because they're safe in the knowledge they won't ever get a hiding. However, put a slimmer net in over the width of 2 or 3 seats (just like they do in pretty much every ground I've been two where home and away fans are together) and they'll soon shut up. It's nothing to do with adolescence, it's to do with respect. If they can get away with something without recompense, they'll do it. That's what they are doing, fulfilling their 'Football Factory' fantasy safe in the knowledge. It could be suggested that the club is partly to blame for their behaviour as I understand you use the wide netting to reduce stewarding costs?

True, I wouldn't advise doing it for the likes of Cardiff, Millwall etc, but for the majority of games its perfectly fine. Away followings aren't generally made up of families and kids, so if our spotty kids even get a whiff of them potentially being 'got at' by adults, they'll shut up. I've been in the EE since it re-opened and the gulf between the netters/KFCcrew and the rest of the stand has grown and grown hugely over the years. It's no co-incidence the physical gap between the EE fans is big when the EE is opened up across several blocks.

They're behaviour is embarrassing, and funnily enough it's reduced when we are squashed into the corner, becasue they are forced to stand with others who don't tolerate that sort of crap and therefore tell them to pipe down.

All young kids do it. I bet some of the oldies on here used to do it when they were a teenager. Every football club has kids like that, it's just the way it is and how it's been. Like you said, they will all grow out of it in a couple of years and look back and think what idiots they were.

Why does everyone feel the need to come on here and complain, seriously who cares how someone celebrates.

Dave - you can stop them, and I've been saying you can for years. If you continue to put a big sea of netting in place, those pathetic kids by the net will act the 'billy big bollocks' to all away fans because they're safe in the knowledge they won't ever get a hiding. However, put a slimmer net in over the width of 2 or 3 seats (just like they do in pretty much every ground I've been two where home and away fans are together) and they'll soon shut up. It's nothing to do with adolescence, it's to do with respect. If they can get away with something without recompense, they'll do it. That's what they are doing, fulfilling their 'Football Factory' fantasy safe in the knowledge. It could be suggested that the club is partly to blame for their behaviour as I understand you use the wide netting to reduce stewarding costs?

True, I wouldn't advise doing it for the likes of Cardiff, Millwall etc, but for the majority of games its perfectly fine. Away followings aren't generally made up of families and kids, so if our spotty kids even get a whiff of them potentially being 'got at' by adults, they'll shut up. I've been in the EE since it re-opened and the gulf between the netters/KFCcrew and the rest of the stand has grown and grown hugely over the years. It's no co-incidence the physical gap between the EE fans is big when the EE is opened up across several blocks.

They're behaviour is embarrassing, and funnily enough it's reduced when we are squashed into the corner, becasue they are forced to stand with others who don't tolerate that sort of crap and therefore tell them to pipe down.

no one tells them to pipe down they just come on here and complain about them trying to act hard while thier the ones complaining on a forum, whos more pathetic?

Adolescent boys or not, I think dave is right in the general assessment that it is something of nothing. Away team scores, fans goad home supporters, home team scores, it's reciprocated. This is football. It will always be like this. Don't bother going if it upsets you, because you will always have a sad face. Some people on here remind me of Adrian chiles on Saturday with his wonderful piece to camera about a return to the dark days after an empty, plastic bottle was thrown on the pitch. As someone retorted in the pub, "if you think that's a return to the dark days, you quite clearly weren't ******* there and can't pass comment".

Fair enough. So should we send you the bill for the broken seats, add it on to your ticket price, or expect other fans to pay the cost through their tickets? I'm just making the point that there is a financial consequence for every action, and somebody has to pay. If you're offering, that's great :-)

Smashing chairs up is not right.........full stop.

But it sounds like exuberance not deliberate vandalism and should be expected that things like this happen at a football grounds ?

Im pretty certain the prices for tickets incorporate some sort of caveat for repairs all ready, and as such your response comes across as extremely condescending.

Yet again we get the "your doing a great job supporting the club, BUT dont do this and dont do that, do as we say"..........................................

Archived