IGNORED

Marvin Elliott, An Apology

Welcome To The Jungle

As you came on I held my head in my hands, and as your first action was to lose a header against some little bloke I feared the worse. Well that was your best performance in years. Short simple passing, didn't misplace all night apart from a cross. Tackled well, fought hard and chased it till the end. You even managed to win it back by falling over. Well played Marv, keep it up.

Don't let the headless chicken syndrome return. Na na na na na na na na na na na Marvin Elliott Elliott, Marvin Elliott

Yup, I too apologise for my comment elsewhere saying Marvin starting would be like playing with 10 men. Not anywhere near vintage Elliott but came on and done the job asked of him tonight. After Saturday I too feared the worse when he looked so out of sorts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the answer long term, but fair play he did his job tonight.

Yup, I too apologise for my comment elsewhere saying Marvin starting would be like playing with 10 men. Not anywhere near vintage Elliott but came on and done the job asked of him tonight. After Saturday I too feared the worse when he looked so out of sorts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the answer long term, but fair play he did his job tonight.

After Saturday I don't think anyone who had seen those 8 minutes or what ever it was would have disagreed with you! Wasn't there tonight but glad to hear he played well and did his job.

He won't get an apology from me. He's not been good enough for a long time. Ok tonight he was solid enough for and hour and won the header which lead to Anderson's goal but all he had to do was run around and close down the opposition which pretty much any player could have done.

He won't get an apology from me. He's not been good enough for a long time. Ok tonight he was solid enough for and hour and won the header which lead to Anderson's goal but all he had to do was run around and close down the opposition which pretty much any player could have done.

Maybe that's what he was told to do?

Personally thought Elliot did nothing tonight. Did not do anything majorly wrong but stood out like a sore thumb from the rest. Lacked creativity, positioning and marking was woeful. His legs and City days are all but over for me. Thanks for the first season here Elliot but apart from that you've been poor since.

Am I the only one who didn't think he was that great? He was ok, but certainly not an amazing performance. The person I was impressed with tonight was Fontaine, I thought he was excellent tonight.

C'mon give the guy a break.Came on and did exactly what was required. Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen but to a man City were immense tonight.Lets enjoy the moment.

also thought the support was excellent.

Personally thought Elliot did nothing tonight. Did not do anything majorly wrong but stood out like a sore thumb from the rest. Lacked creativity, positioning and marking was woeful. His legs and City days are all but over for me. Thanks for the first season here Elliot but apart from that you've been poor since.

Stupidest comment of the night.

Lacked creativity, what was he even at his best, then? Glenn Hoddle?

Utter moronic, Marvin did what he was asked to do very well. He may never hit the heights of his first season with us, (though I believe he scored 8 in his third so that wasn't shabby) but tonight he did what was required of him excellently.

Solid, unspectacular, reasonably disciplined - but he still needs to lose a few pounds, get himself properly fit (I.e. cut out the stuff that's not very good for you), and generally try harder. He should be at the peak of his career, but he looks as if he's in his mid-30s and on his way out...

Am I the only one who didn't think he was that great? He was ok, but certainly not an amazing performance. The person I was impressed with tonight was Fontaine, I thought he was excellent tonight.

I've been one of Marv's biggest critics this year but I hought he did well tonight.

Fontaine was very good , given the amount of criticism he's recieved lately.

In fact , every player on the field tonight were far and away better than the performances they put in under Del.

Would I keep most of them ? Doubtful , unless they can replicate the performance they put in tonight. Hopefully SOD has dragged some effort from them.

And before my post is shot down , ask yourself if you were calling that group of players tonight an overpaid bunch of wasters.

Archived