IGNORED

Dave L Annoys Me

potbelly

If I may just jump to Potbelly's defence, I do know Pete and I'm sure he wasn't having a go at me personally. No offence taken anyway.

I think he is making a serious point though, wishing that myself and Tim would read out the teams in formation order rather than in squad number order, which we always used to do.

Sometimes football is about gaining the advantage in the slenderest of ways, and there is a concern that telling the opposition what formation you are going to play might give them an early advantage. So we just read the teams out in squad number order.

I understand where your coming from but surely the teams we play already knows what positions our players play in before playing against us ? mind you saying that a previous manager of ours didn't !

Maybe , one day, SOD will sort the team out good and proper, and the team will read 1 to 11. Just like the good old days!

My favourite.....Galley 9.

Wonder if he's still got his boots.

ok lets make up a typical Galley/AlanDicks era team from 1 to 11 + 1 sub...

1. Gibson,

2... 3... 4... etc add one name at a time..

Do we have to have squad numbers? If not lets set a trend and number the team on the pitch 1-11 and the subs from 12-18.

Yes PLEASE!!

(An added bonus to that may be that players would really want to earn(own) that no 4 shirt... no 10 shirt etc, ... at the mo the squad number on the shirt is little more than an employee number... make 'the shirt' mean something again!!)

That Dave L annoys me too. Coming on here reading threads and sorting out fans grievances and stuff. I was going to post something about the leaves blocking up my guttering, but I'm worrying I'll find the pesky bloke up a ladder outside my bedroom window tomorrow morning when I open my curtains. Get a life Dave!

Do we have to have squad numbers? If not lets set a trend and number the team on the pitch 1-11 and the subs from 12-18.

To be fair, if we are reverting back to basics, ditch the 7 subs: just have some ginger-haired Scouser wearing number 12 and pray the centre half is decent in nets if it goes tits up.

...hmm, team sheets a bit thin (A Dicks era team) , Come On You (oldie) Reds> so far Gibbo, B Drysdale, G Sweeney, J Galley... looks like a strong team already -defence midfield & attack :) I'll chip in with another one then ... in the no8 shirt C Garland.. (we can have more than one player nominated for same shirt as Dicks era covers quite a few worthy candidates - blimey what a squad we'd have if we could've had 'em all at same time.. ! )

...hmm, team sheets a bit thin (A Dicks era team) , Come On You (oldie) Reds> so far Gibbo, B Drysdale, G Sweeney, J Galley... looks like a strong team already -defence midfield & attack :) I'll chip in with another one then ... in the no8 shirt C Garland.. (we can have more than one player nominated for same shirt as Dicks era covers quite a few worthy candidates - blimey what a squad we'd have if we could've had 'em all at same time.. ! )

No 10 shirt, G Gow but I suppose he could have any shirt number, because he's here, he's there, he's every 'kin were.

If I may just jump to Potbelly's defence, I do know Pete and I'm sure he wasn't having a go at me personally. No offence taken anyway.

I think he is making a serious point though, wishing that myself and Tim would read out the teams in formation order rather than in squad number order, which we always used to do.

Sometimes football is about gaining the advantage in the slenderest of ways, and there is a concern that telling the opposition what formation you are going to play might give them an early advantage. So we just read the teams out in squad number order.

I take it the team tweeted on twitter is a cunning ruse then as well?

If its not is Ashton Gate a twitter blackspot?

If not why do you do it when the team is already over the interweb?

Archived