IGNORED

Dave L Annoys Me

potbelly

I know it`s not Dave`s fault but why does the team have to be read out in squad number order?

Can we please have the defenders first, then the midfield and finally the forwards.

Not asking for the formation, just to remove the mental gymnastics i have to perform to work out the team.

Ta.

Would it be more appropriate to label this thread 'team line up announcement annoys me'?

To be fair, I wouldnt start a thread called 'nurses annoy me' when actually I was describing the agony of my swollen pulsating piles which they have the misfortune to have to treat for me.

Sorry, maybe Stadium announcer would be better.

Point still stands, made worse when Gerken is picked, His name is always first, hence out of sequence.

Can`t have it both ways.

Does my head in.

Perhaps a heading, along the lines of... " I need help working out the positions of the players that I support - Help!"

This is either one of those bizzare wind up threads, or simply one of the daftest ever to appear on here!

Nothing at all personal aimed at Dave L, who i can vouch for as one of the nicest people you could wish to meet either inside or outside of the club.

You just can`t go from Louis Carey to Jon Stead then back to Greg Cunningham.

That is just plain crazy.

i thought this was done by managers (list the squad in squad number order) to make it harder for the opposition manager to see the formation? if you read out, say cunningham after skuse and kelly then its pretty obvious he's in midfield, which might not otherwise have been clear

If I may just jump to Potbelly's defence, I do know Pete and I'm sure he wasn't having a go at me personally. No offence taken anyway.

I think he is making a serious point though, wishing that myself and Tim would read out the teams in formation order rather than in squad number order, which we always used to do.

Sometimes football is about gaining the advantage in the slenderest of ways, and there is a concern that telling the opposition what formation you are going to play might give them an early advantage. So we just read the teams out in squad number order.

If I may just jump to Potbelly's defence, I do know Pete and I'm sure he wasn't having a go at me personally. No offence taken anyway.

I think he is making a serious point though, wishing that myself and Tim would read out the teams in formation order rather than in squad number order, which we always used to do.

Sometimes football is about gaining the advantage in the slenderest of ways, and there is a concern that telling the opposition what formation you are going to play might give them an early advantage. So we just read the teams out in squad number order.

Surely the opposition get City's team sheet before the game. The opposition knowing that you have 4 defenders, four midfielders and two strikers doesn't actually tell them much at all.

:facepalm:

I've a novel idea. Why not read out the names but in a completely made up formation? This might just throw the opposition so much they collapse in a confused muddle after 5 mins.

Whilst you are at it, why not add in a few random names to aid with the confusion?

"Number 6: Terry Wogan. Number 11: Albert Einstein"

Surely the opposition get City's team sheet before the game. The opposition knowing that you have 4 defenders, four midfielders and two strikers doesn't actually tell them much at all.

I can't say it's helped us much this season!

I'd like to ditch all this squad number nonsense. I know where number 2 and 3 are supposed to play, but number 47?

PMSL!! If the opposing manangers are not aware of which of our players are defenders, midfielders etc, 5 mins before kick off, then I don't think we really need that much more of an advantage that the other teams having a complete numpty as a manager...!!

The fuzz from the EE speakers means this is never an issue. I look on my phone to see what the team is.

Good point actually!

Dave L - I'm sure you are aware already, but the sound quality in Dolman B has been very fuzzy and broken over the last few games. Also I think the stadium "DJ" needs some more training on when to notice that the teams are coming onto the pitch and to start the entry music accordingly! Thanks :)

Archived