IGNORED

Who's Taking An Intrest

Welcome To The Jungle

Close between us and the French.

It was good to see SOD referencing what Stuart Lancaster did to the England set up when talking about the options that are and aren't open to him.

I have to say that his programme notes are interesting and incisive. Noticeable for their lack of BS. You can read them on the site here:-

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130130-sodipswichnotes-628119.aspx

Rugby union = kick. Fans clap. Kick back. Fans clap. Guy kicks ball out. Fans clap.

At certain points the fat guys get in a ruck, which leads to a penalty, or more kicking.

I went to Bristol for years, the rule changes ruined it for me.

Ps I've also done 6 nations away to Italy and France, so Im not just a biased rl fan

Everyone talking England after beating the AB in an exhibition but not where my moneys going.

England not slammed for ten years Welsh have three in that time so I think they will win again but no slam for anyone this year.

It was still a test match, no exhibitions in test match rugby, and I say that as an Ireland fan.

I quite like the English head coach and I think that they can seriously build under him. England should always be near the top of the tree, and it's only been a fear to ditch players who are no longer upto it or were never upto it that has held them back.

The 6 nations is basically the 2nd division of World rugby. The rugby Championship ( formally the tri nations) is far superior and is the 1st Division.

I take a passing interest in the 6 nations, whereas the the RC is compelling viewing with the majority of the Worlds best players and countries playing in it.

Rugby League is the same,the super league in this country is 2nd to the Nrl in Australia.

Between England and France for the title with the Irish and then Welsh not far behind. Should be interesting supporting England while at uni in Wales, slight divide in the team during the 6 nations, the uni also gets tickets for Wales' home games so a few of us could be trying to get tickets for the England game. Think England could do the slam as well, cheeky little bet on before the NZ game and got 8/1 for the slam and 5/1 for the title.

The 6 nations is basically the 2nd division of World rugby. The rugby Championship ( formally the tri nations) is far superior and is the 1st Division.

I take a passing interest in the 6 nations, whereas the the RC is compelling viewing with the majority of the Worlds best players and countries playing in it.

Rugby League is the same,the super league in this country is 2nd to the Nrl in Australia.

You are indeed correct but a lot of people will say the same about the premier league as a response for not supporting their local team

You are indeed correct but a lot of people will say the same about the premier league as a response for not supporting their local team

Very true. Except for youth rugby the only rugby I personally watch is on tv.

Southern Hemisphere rugby is not only better, it's also far more entertaining to watch.

I agree with what you say though.

Rugby league is a decent spectacle but lacks any real substance. Rugby union is a quality sport incorporating every aspect of a proper contest. I'd say a very high proportion of players give their very all for their team every time they step on the field as there is no where to hide and that makes it compelling viewing. 6 Nations epitomises this in what will be an amazing tournament this year as every nation is on form. Cannot wait for it to start. England have a team that can and should win: great pack, creative midfield and quick backs - cant go wrong!

Rugby league starts again tonight. Rugby union bores me senseless.

Rugby Union starts again tonight. Rugby League bores me way beyond senseless.

If you live up norfff then 'aye up an under' might be your cuppa cheap supermarket cuppa tea but for us southern softies its got to be the proper game of Rugby.

Rugby Union starts again tonight. Rugby League bores me way beyond senseless.

If you live up norfff then 'aye up an under' might be your cuppa cheap supermarket cuppa tea but for us southern softies its got to be the proper game of Rugby.

It's slowly changing. I thing Wiagan in the 90's brought awareness to the game outside of the "heartlands" and there's been a concerted push to spread the game since 2008.

NRL is better than Super League by a country mile, but it's bigger than union over there!

Bristol has a team in the conference, the Bristol Sonics, and there is a rl academy at Filton in partnership with Leeds uni.

I'm with Barrs Court Red to a point; Rugby League is a more exciting, entertaining and accessible sport. However, I have to admit that I have a growing appreciation for union and the 6 Nations is a great competition

My problem with the 15 man code has always been that so much of the game is played at the bottom of a pile of 18 stone men- the 'dark arts of the scrum and ruck' as a mate of mine puts it- and even when the ball is in plain sight, I never used to be able to fathom why a round of applause was given for kicking a ball into touch. The new rules regarding the length of time a ball can be in a ruck before it has to player has helped for me

I've always said that when a game of union is good, it's very good, but in terms of your average game of club rugby; give the northern code any day of the week. I also think you doubters should try and watch a State of Origin match later this year; one of the most amazing, full-blooded sporting events you'll ever see

Archived