IGNORED

Gazza

Super

To all those people who say Gerrard is very overrated, Look at that goal.

Screamer. Liverpool have been brilliant.

Not as good as Aguero's !!

Liverpool have been good today ,they were also good at Arsenal on Wednesday. Just need a defence now.

To all those people who say Gerrard is very overrated, Look at that goal.

Screamer. Liverpool have been brilliant.

Liverpool have been very good

Two great goals

Only problem i have with SG is that he gives the ball away to often with Hollywood passes

Can get away with that in the prem where your get the ball back fairly soon

But in europe or Internationals teams wont give you the ball back

Like I said he was better than both internationally. But he shone bright briefly for 1 tournament. I would suggest platt and Lineker and even Mark Wright were just as good and just as influential as Gazza in that tournament. Other than italia 90 and the odd game in euro 96 Gazza although talented failed imo to live up to the hype, especially at domestic level

I would respectfully suggest Gascoigne excelled at Italia 90. Lineker, Platt, Wright were functional. To follow he had serious injury and the ludicrous reign of Graham Taylor to contend with. No euro 92, no qualification world cup 94 = England half the team without Gascoigne.

Euro 96 he performed well above todays Barry's/Gerrards/Milners/Parkers.

Two tournaments significant impact.

Domestically he made some maybe odd choices, so did Shearer. I would not dismiss what he achieved when fit.

Liverpool have been very good

Two great goals

Only problem i have with SG is that he gives the ball away to often with Hollywood passes

Can get away with that in the prem where your get the ball back fairly soon

But in europe or Internationals teams wont give you the ball back

Exactly, that's why he's never been good enough to play abroad, coaches outside of England demand there team keeps the ball.

Gerrard could play for Real Madrid, he's not incapable of playing short passes if asked by the manager.

I think anyone could play for RM at the moment, they looked awful last night. Short passes?Why isn't he doing it for his current manager then,

What Gerrard did in the week v Arsenal ( I think) was truly embarrassing for an International player.

He's a Premier league player,it's a hustle bustle league full of mistakes. As we saw this afternoon.

I think anyone could play for RM at the moment, they looked awful last night. Short passes?Why isn't he doing it for his current manager then,

What Gerrard did in the week v Arsenal ( I think) was truly embarrassing for an International player.

He's a Premier league player,it's a hustle bustle league full of mistakes. As we saw this afternoon.

This i feel is the problem with England

Managers seem to pick the best Premier League players and not the best players for International football

They looked awful because it's clear their care for the league has vanished given they can no longer win it.

However the other week they were 5-0 up against Valencia at the Mestalla before half-time. I still think RM will beat Man Utd.

Rodgers probably hasn't asked Gerrard to cut out his long range passing as it's one of his best attributes as everyone knows.

Rodgers probably hasn't asked Gerrard to cut out his long range passing as it's one of his best attributes as everyone knows.

If you actually watch rather than believe the myth, you will see that most don't find there target and gives the ball to the opposition.

That's part of the reason why Liverpool are doing nothing once again this season.

Yes - and the infamous 'dentist's chair' celebration afterwards. Both sides of Gazza seen in one event.

Gazza was a troubled individual from the time that one of his close friends was run over and died in his arms when he was a kid. Even when playing football, he wouldn't sleep much, always keeping the lights on. Hyperactive to the point of almost having tourette's - for a while his release was football but now that's gone it's alcohol.

Can't help but feeling that, although you can say it's all his fault, Gazza needed help early on in life. The fact that he didn't get it is a tragedy.

Have very good memories of him as a footbaler. Really hope the guy find some peace and a way of living, but it's looking bad and you fear the worst.

... the most enlightened and enlightening contribution to this thread, I didn't know about the car accident so that helps me to understand his troubled mind. Great player, great shame.

If you actually watch rather than believe the myth, you will see that most don't find there target and gives the ball to the opposition.

That's part of the reason why Liverpool are doing nothing once again this season.

One question)

When do you ever hear former professional players with a degree of understanding for the game such as Gary Neville talk about Gerrard's weak ability to pass? Nobody in football thinks Gerrard has bad passing control. I bet if you asked Xavi or Iniesta they would say they'd love him in their side, they'd also say he's a world class player.

They looked awful because it's clear their care for the league has vanished given they can no longer win it.

However the other week they were 5-0 up against Valencia at the Mestalla before half-time. I still think RM will beat Man Utd.

So, the other week they still cared even though the league had vanished. But this week they don't care! Ok!

So, the other week they still cared even though the league had vanished. But this week they don't care! Ok!

Another reason for their poor performance against Granada was due to the amount of effort they put into the game a few days before against Barcelona.

Real Madrid are prioritising the Copa Del Ray and the Champions League so they are very inconsistent in La Liga. Their bench could still give Man Utd a good game in the CL.

One question)

When do you ever hear former professional players with a degree of understanding for the game such as Gary Neville talk about Gerrard's weak ability to pass? Nobody in football thinks Gerrard has bad passing control. I bet if you asked Xavi or Iniesta they would say they'd love him in their side, they'd also say he's a world class player.

No they wouldn't, the way he plays is alien to the top midfielders in the world.

Barcelona keep the ball,Gerrard gives it away regularly.

If he was rated highly by the people that count ( managers and coaches) he would have been snapped up by one of the big clubs who win things.

Tell me,why haven't Liverpool got anywhere near the Prem league title whilst Gerrard has played for them and why have England been so poor whilst he's played for them.

Gary Neville won't say a bad word about any player. Yes he knows the game and speaks well, but he praises every player playing the game.

There isn't one pundit out there whose willing to say bad things about current players.

What he thinks in private, we aren't privy to.

Another reason for their poor performance against Granada was due to the amount of effort they put into the game a few days before against Barcelona.

Real Madrid are prioritising the Copa Del Ray and the Champions League so they are very inconsistent in La Liga. Their bench could still give Man Utd a good game in the CL.

Everyone knows they will play well v Man Utd, it's hardly an exclusive from you!

But for you to claim that 3 weeks ago they cared, but yesterday they didn't, Is frankly ridiculous.

Archived