IGNORED

Safe Standing

Barrs Court Red

Sorry to sound like Mr Glum but questions.

If fans are to be fully consulted and involved in the interior design of a stand subject to planning/structural limits what does this specifically mean?

If boxes are housed in the possible EE/Wedlock at the rear of a stand hasn't the interior already been decided upon?

Would the inclusion of boxes prevent a safe standing area being installed into the same stand if the law altered in future?

Why would the inclusion of boxes preclude safe standing? The club have clearly stated that they're considering safe standing in the design so I'd presume they've considered this. In practical terms you'd only need the boxes to be raised a few feet above the seats/terrace below for it to not be an issue- it's not rocket science. This is of course presuming that a rebuilt Wedlock is where 'safe standing' would be located. As for the 'design' of the interior, precisely what would you like to be consulted on? The pitch-view areas of the stand are going to be built on practical terms; view & cost being primary. I suspect the consultation of fans will be more about concourse areas. Unless you're a structural engineer, that's probably for the best

• SC&T Board Members

Boxes and standing are clearly NOT mutually exclusive.

I recall many, many years ago standing on the terrace at the opposite end to the Holte End at Villa Park, at which time they already had boxes at the back of that terrace.

The design simply has to position the windows of the boxes above the heads of the standing fans. Impossible is nothing.

I recall many, many years ago standing on the terrace at the opposite end to the Holte End at Villa Park, at which time they already had boxes at the back of that terrace.

The design simply has to position the windows of the boxes above the heads of the standing fans. Impossible is nothing.

MG did mention the boxes would mostly be housed in a huge two tier williams stand so it may not be a problem

Boxes are now built in stadia where standing is not an option. That policy is

robustly enfored.

Would an Ashton Gate re-development in the the future allow scope for something that has no legal basis?

I remember the old Den. When we won 2-0 (Whitehead, Gould) We were in the old stand and we were stood up in front of the boxes at the back. Some bloke kept banging on the window saying he couldn't see. Eventually I got so fed up ( I WAS pissed) told him to "**** off"........big mistake ! :0)

Few specifics would not go amiss mind.

In the case of an Eastend re-development does the design incorporating boxes allow a safe standing are to be located directly in front of this area, without affecting sight lines?

There not going to be that stupid are they, you simply raise the boxes to be above people's heads. The same as, when people stand now in "moments of excitement" people in boxes around the country wont have their views blocked.

There not going to be that stupid are they, you simply raise the boxes to be above people's heads. The same as, when people stand now in "moments of excitement" people in boxes around the country wont have their views blocked.

I did mention specifics mate.

Boxes at many stadiums can be blocked by fans standing e.g Wolves.

So the design will allow for something that as this point cannot be legally included, and could at a later date affect the desirability [language - chants] of the boxes for potential clients?

I did mention specifics mate.

Boxes at many stadiums can be blocked by fans standing e.g Wolves.

So the design will allow for something that as this point cannot be legally included, and could at a later date affect the desirability [language - chants] of the boxes for potential clients?

Surely safety rails could be legally included? If they pass safety inspections etc.

To have people standing and blocking view of boxes, is just idiotic on the designers part.

Archived