IGNORED

Safe Standing

Barrs Court Red

An Ashton Gate rebuild is surely the chance to do something really unique for this country and really capture the spirit of the East End of old - introduce safe standing!

Some has to really start the ball rolling, why not us??

Football Spectators Act only applies to football and not rugby so Bristol rugby could request it to be installed for their matches then for football have them set as seats untill the rules change

In todays paper the clubs managing director says there will be full engagement and consultation, but they clearly have already decided on the nature of stand design and what it will contain. There appears to be nothing left up for discussion that matters.

Edit: Slight misquote.

In todays paper the clubs managing director says there will be full engagement and consultation, but they clearly have already decided on the nature of stand design and what it will contain. There appears to be nothing left up for discussion that matters.

Edit: Slight misquote.

Fair comment

A bit of head scratching here!!

Jon Lansdown - Fans would be consulted every step of the way. We will ask them what they think is required to to enhance supporter experience.

Well that is a enclosed stand, minus boxes for the EE end of the ground ... The polar opposite of what they have already decided shown in the paper with those pictures and to my knowledge the fans parliament, supporters trust or supporters groups have yet to be consulted on look, shape or design which seems to be set in stone and planning permission to be sought after already???.

Yes there has been talk about a fans pub, safe standing and flags etc but nothing about a whole look of a stand and design, i think it needs to be looked at more closely with fans before its rubber stamped, are boxes not best off on the side stands for best views?

I admit i thought the stadium design for AV was awful, still do, this new revamp AG picture looks better from the outside but i just wonder how the make up of fans inside AG once moved out of the atyeo will mix in?

Staying at AG, good stand design, nice wedlock pub, sports museum, safe standing, talk of keeping traditions, all but the stand design (yet to see properly) ticks my boxes but they need to be arranged and implemented correctly and not just chucked together as it could well backfire, more thought needed

Fair comment

Jon Lansdown - Fans would be consulted every step of the way. We will ask them what they think is required to to enhance supporter experience.

Well that is a enclosed stand, minus boxes for the EE end of the ground ... The polar opposite of what they have already decided shown in the paper with those pictures and to my knowledge the fans parliament, supporters trust or supporters groups have yet to be consulted on look, shape or design which seems to be set in stone and planning permission to be sought after already???.

Yes there has been talk about a fans pub, safe standing and flags etc but nothing about a whole look of a stand and design, i think it needs to be looked at more closely with fans before its rubber stamped, are boxes best off on the side stands for best views?

And acoustics as well. The Dolman was a superb stand for its time but the acoustics are rubbish :(

An Ashton Gate rebuild is surely the chance to do something really unique for this country and really capture the spirit of the East End of old - introduce safe standing!

Some has to really start the ball rolling, why not us??

Because the board don't want it.

The club announced fans will be consulted all the way with redesigning the ground. The same news release states AG will be have 26,000 seats.

If by some remote chance City should be relegated this season or next, is all seated no longer a requirement. Here at P'boro' demolition work hasSTILL not started, so that terracing will be there behind both goals in 2013/14.

I wouldn't expect or want to be consulted on the size, shape or type of stand as I'd have no idea as to the structural requirements etc - thats for professionals in the industry.

I would expect and want to be consulted about what goes into the stand - bar, bogs, grub etc.

As JL said - consultation on how to enhance the supporter experience.

Fair enough you may not but a few i've had emails tonight from fans who would like the option

It was an issue for some when the AV designs came out

I

I wouldn't expect or want to be consulted on the size, shape or type of stand as I'd have no idea as to the structural requirements etc - thats for professionals in the industry.

I would expect and want to be consulted about what goes into the stand - bar, bogs, grub etc.

Fans were surveyed regarding Ashton Vale.

The results showed a significant majority favoured designs that were not bowl shaped. One of the underlining reasons why was atmosphere/acoustics - supporter experience.

I

Fans were surveyed regarding Ashton Vale.

The results showed a significant majority favoured designs that were not bowl shaped. One of the underlining reasons why was atmosphere/acoustics - supporter experience.

Results can be seen at the links below

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000540.shtml

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/pdf/Follow-up%20survey%20results%202.pdf

Fair comment

Yes there has been talk about a fans pub, safe standing and flags etc but nothing about a whole look of a stand and design, i think it needs to be looked at more closely with fans before its rubber stamped, are boxes not best off on the side stands for best views?

I admit i thought the stadium design for AV was awful, still do, this new revamp AG picture looks better from the outside but i just wonder how the make up of fans inside AG once moved out of the atyeo will mix in?

Staying at AG, good stand design, nice wedlock pub, sports museum, safe standing, talk of keeping traditions, all but the stand design (yet to see properly) ticks my boxes but they need to be arranged and implemented correctly and not just chucked together as it could well backfire, more thought needed

Agreed, my heart sank when I read that the Wedlock would have boxes...

The club have said the stadium will be designed with fans in mind. well boxes in the EE could muller the feel.

The boxes are in the new Williams as well as the east end. I suppose the less expensive are behind the goal, there's also plans for a 50 or 60 capacity box which is a good idea. Sounds like all bases covered re boxes to me.

How did you not go with " all boxes ticked"

I think this, if it does actually go ahead, is the perfect opportunity for the recent embracement of fans to be proved genuine.

With the continued safe standing campaign and the Rugby, this could prove a timely set of circumstances for City. long overdue, too.

I agree, safe standing in the Eastend is a must, although I'm pretty certain we can't do it until there is the go-ahead from the government/FA etc. Boxes in there are a no, have them either in the Ateyo and Williams or Williams and Dolman.

The inside design needs to be seen first but a proper 'stand' rather than a 'bowl' is essential. Hard to tell from the outside but it looks like a bowl + the Ateyo.

I love the thought if it staying at Ashton Gate and I prefer it to AV but the design can't stay as it is.

I'm not an architect but I'm sure the main brief will have been to cram as much as possible into what it a relatively small site. There may not be much scope for variation in the design. Also, since this is a plan 'b' there won't have been so much time and effort expended as there was for Ashton Vale.

Whether you like it or not, the realities of FFP mean that if the club doesn't maximise revenue (corporate boxes, seats valuing comfort and views over 'atmosphere' etc.) and quickly, we will not have a hope of competing at Championship level. Something needs to be done quickly or we'll be condemned to the lower leagues. Even Rovers will have better facilities and more off-pitch revenue.

I know it would be lovely to create something really different with a traditional feel, local identity and old-fashioned atmosphere whilst still providing the modern facilities that bring the money, but Ashton Gate right now might not be the time or the place, and that's what these plans are about.

I think safe standing is a bit of a mute point and one we may not take up,

The FA will have to approve it first before we go ahead and install it as if they didn't it would get a safety cert and the stand would be shut,

The club support it they have said so but pressure needs to be put on the FA, its an ideal oppitunity for them to trial it at ether AG or AV now the rugby is coming,

If I was Jon Lansodwn I'd be contacting the FA and offer them a trial at our new/rebuilt ground

I'm not an architect but I'm sure the main brief will have been to cram as much as possible into what it a relatively small site. There may not be much scope for variation in the design. Also, since this is a plan 'b' there won't have been so much time and effort expended as there was for Ashton Vale.

Whether you like it or not, the realities of FFP mean that if the club doesn't maximise revenue (corporate boxes, seats valuing comfort and views over 'atmosphere' etc.) and quickly, we will not have a hope of competing at Championship level. Something needs to be done quickly or we'll be condemned to the lower leagues. Even Rovers will have better facilities and more off-pitch revenue.

I know it would be lovely to create something really different with a traditional feel, local identity and old-fashioned atmosphere whilst still providing the modern facilities that bring the money, but Ashton Gate right now might not be the time or the place, and that's what these plans are about.

The clubs details do not mention a fait accompli. There is a large article full of buzz words such as full engagement and consultation.

Archived