IGNORED

Brian Howard

Aipearcey

Really hope this bloke s fit, or on his way to match fitness. He was an outstanding player for barnsley some years back. He plays in a similar style to...... whisper it.... Hartley ! And how many times have we said that was the sort of player we want and need

Only thing is his age, just looked and he has just turned 30. Heard what SOD said about him, the right sort of character. Fingers crossed gents

Howard could certainly be useful until the end of the season, but I'd like to see us bringing in a centre half or two. We're still pretty light in that area.

I thought Fontaine and Nyatanga were OK, possibly even good today but Forest had some very easy chances in the first part of the first half and after we went 1-0 up. There were errors there and it could easily have been a different story.

Another diminutive midfielder at 5ft 6", and don't forget he once turned City down to go to Sheff. Utd.

Nowt wrong with that - they're a bigger club than us. With zero prior affiliation to City, it's what I'd expect him to have done.

Doesn't make him any less worthy in my opinion.

Gave my best man a call tonight (Pompey st holder) to ask him about Howard. After he stopped laughing he told me that he was being actively booed by large sections of the Pompey support and there was a petition to remove him as captain.

And that demonstrates what?

Just saying Pompey supporters think he was dog mess. And they're hardly In a position to be picky these days

I highly doubt any of the players on short-term month to month contracts, unsure of their footballing future are actually playing to their full potential at Fratton Park these days.

Personally I don't care what Pompey fans say, SOD will assess him in training and practice matches and judge whether he wants him or not. I'd rather take his judgment than a set of fans who've stood aside, chased a dream and watched their club die.

Just saying Pompey supporters think he was dog mess. And they're hardly In a position to be picky these days

Well we've seen him often enough to know he's not. However the blokes trying to earn a living, and concentrating on your football whilst playing on the titanic must be a struggle. Give the guy a chance.

Archived