IGNORED

Skuse

Pete1975Legend

Pete.Why the negativity towards Skuse.He is a good player who spends most of his time playing in a team that is playing poorly.If he comes back in he will be in a team that has regained some form and confidence and he will thrive under SOD.Things are starting to look a little rosier so whilst I respect other people have their own opinions why is there a constant need on this forum to get on players backs.We all have players we prefer and if I am honest my heart sank when the team sheet was read out yesterday but full credit to Liam and Lewin.Glad to say I was proved wrong by how well they played.We need to support Bristol City as a team not just our preferred eleven players.

Pete.Why the negativity towards Skuse.He is a good player who spends most of his time playing in a team that is playing poorly.If he comes back in he will be in a team that has regained some form and confidence and he will thrive under SOD.Things are starting to look a little rosier so whilst I respect other people have their own opinions why is there a constant need on this forum to get on players backs.We all have players we prefer and if I am honest my heart sank when the team sheet was read out yesterday but full credit to Liam and Lewin.Glad to say I was proved wrong by how well they played.We need to support Bristol City as a team not just our preferred eleven players.

Negativity because he does nothing but run round like a headless chicken and now and then puts in a tackle. Let's hope he is moved on in the summer.

I was surprised at Nyatanga yesterday. He actually did some decent balls forward. Marv was behind the pace of the game for the 1st 20 mins to half hour. Skuse would probably been more effective in breaking up their play than Marvin. But then he prob wouldnt have scored. Swings and roundabouts. 1 or the other for me - Kelly should def start though.

Disagree. To me Elliot is a liability, headless chicken who isn't up to standard. Will feel much calmer when Skuse is back.

And I know Elliot scored and I should appreciate that, and I do, but to me he did little else in the game.

I swear some of our so called fans watch different games.

Pete.As i said you have a right to your opinion but I do not understand why people have to keep on going over the same ground with certain players.Cole is a proud Bristolian andBristol City player.You may believe he is not good enough but he always gives 100%.What do people hope to achieve by constantly having a go at certain players?What do you hope to achieve by belittling our players time after time?

City might have scored more if Skuse had been there to dictate play in the midfield.................

Or they might've scored less, as Skusey's looked pretty poor on the last few times I've seen him.

As for Marv. OK, he isn't the 2008 Marv any more, but he isn't a liability by any means. He's a limited player, but he can be awkward for defenders to deal with, he wins headers (and scores from them!) and providing he keeps it simple (and doesn't try passing any more than 10 yards) he is effective.

Thats a contradition in terms.

Its exactly what he doesn't do.

Great goal by Marv, getting into the box and on the end of a cross - thats exactly what we need, a midfielder who is effective and can influence the game, not saying that is Marv but he did well yesterday.

We may be looking at Howard and Kelly as the central midfield pairing from here on in as SOD has tried to sign Howard in the past. Both get stuck in and can spot a pass and get past the ball to good effect. We need those sort of players to dig us out of the mess we're in.

Skuse is essentially a ball winner and breaking up of play. With the ball at his feet he's able to pick a pass but more often than not he'll play a high percentage pass. That way he keeps play moving unlike Kilkenny who tends to dither and delay on the ball.

Those who criticise Skuse don't appreciate the work he does.

The only complaint I have about him is his lack of goal threat. I firmly believe he's capable of 10 goals a season if he would only shoot more and get into better goalscoring positions.

Skuse is essentially a ball winner and breaking up of play. With the ball at his feet he's able to pick a pass but more often than not he'll play a high percentage pass. That way he keeps play moving unlike Kilkenny who tends to dither and delay on the ball.

The only complaint I have about him is his lack of goal threat. I firmly believe he's capable of 10 goals a season if he would only shoot more and get into better goalscoring positions.

Genuine question if he is as good as you keep saying he is why haven't we had teams knocking the door down to sign him?.

Genuine question if he is as good as you keep saying he is why haven't we had teams knocking the door down to sign him?.

Other clubs have 'inquired' about him. If Skuse was available Palace are one club who would like him and if City are relegated then that's a likely destination for him this summer.

That's a pretty amusing analysis. For every negative view of Skuse there's also the bizarrely delusional.

Skuse always will be a utility man for me - a useful bench player.

I've never known him dictate play. He does not break up play and he's never posed a goal threat. He's the physical specimen of a 16 year old trainee - I've never known a player of his size be pushed off the ball so easily.

9 goals in 254 appearances according to Wikipedia suggests to me that your belief in him getting 10 goals in a season is laughable.

Still I suppose as your old pal Keith M loved him then you must love him too.

After over 254 appearances I still can't work out what Skuse, aside from being local and diligent, brings to the table.

I swear some of our so called fans watch different games.

Everybody around me agreed that Elliot was not that good yesterday. Misplaced a lot of passes, missed tackles and looked pretty shakey. That said he had a goal, he also put in a good shift. Bizzarely he and Davies got the goals and they were the poorer players in the team.

For the record, I'm really not a so called supporter, I am always behind the team but I just call a game how I see it. Youre way out of your depth questioning my support fella!

That's a pretty amusing analysis. For every negative view of Skuse there's also the bizarrely delusional.

Skuse always will be a utility man for me - a useful bench player.

I've never known him dictate play. He does not break up play and he's never posed a goal threat. He's the physical specimen of a 16 year old trainee - I've never known a player of his size be pushed off the ball so easily.

9 goals in 254 appearances according to Wikipedia suggests to me that your belief in him getting 10 goals in a season is laughable.

Still I suppose as your old pal Keith M loved him then you must love him too.

After over 254 appearances I still can't work out what Skuse, aside from being local and diligent, brings to the table.

Read what I wrote again about 10 goals a season and then reconsider what you've posted.

Everybody around me agreed that Elliot was not that good yesterday. Misplaced a lot of passes, missed tackles and looked pretty shakey. That said he had a goal, he also put in a good shift. Bizzarely he and Davies got the goals and they were the poorer players in the team.

For the record, I'm really not a so called supporter, I am always behind the team but I just call a game how I see it. Youre way out of your depth questioning my support fella!

Heard plenty of people say they thought he was very good myself included. The work he does defending set pieces clearly isn't noticed by some of our fans as well as being a danger in the opponents box. Of course he isn't a world beater and I am not sure I would keep him on next season but he and the rest of the team were very good yesterday.

Read what I wrote again about 10 goals a season and then reconsider what you've posted.

You mean the bit about him shooting more and getting in better goal scoring positions? That's the same as saying if only Martyn Woolford had had the feet of Maradonna he'd have been our best player ever. Skuse has an awful shot and generally when in a goal-scoring position he panics and tries to pass on the responsibility.

You can't make him into something he's not.

Not Missed at all.

Hope he doesn't walk straight back in to this team.

Predictable.

Thankfully SoD disagrees with you and sees him as a key player.

Lets hope that with the new man in charge, Skuse can get this contract situation sorted and signed.

Archived